New Gamespot video walkthrough (September, 10th)

I watched it. Nothing terribly new, but it's well presented. Arioch may be interested in some Renessiance or Industrial era fishing boats there at the beginning.

It looks like basically the same footage as the leaked E3 video, but on a more recent build.

Interestingly the graphic for the trading post near Newcastle has changed from the 'circus' look to more of a town centre look, and better looking than the modern trading post I have seen in other screenshots.

Yes, the hi-res download took a long time ... and OMG, at hi-res it was worth it! :bounce:

^You're thinking of the HD download. Hi-res is the next one down and free.

It is a cool video. :lol: When I come home from work I'll download Hi-Res

To be honest, what I would like to see most is an example of the first few turns. We know what combat looks like and such, but -- as discussed in a different thread -- I'm a bit hazy on the best strategy at the beginning after all the changes. How do the first few hexes pop out with culture? How do the barbarians attack? Stuff like that.

for some very bizarre reason, none of the graphics on the gamespot site will load for me (in either Firefox or Explorer). I just get a white page with links & text.

for some very bizarre reason, none of the graphics on the gamespot site will load for me (in either Firefox or Explorer). I just get a white page with links & text.

Antivirus or anti-banner false positive?

I notice at 11 minutes when he captures Gloucester you can see which tiles 'belong' to Gloucester before he decides whether he wants to raze/annex/puppet his conquest.

Nice little touch I think, and encouraging to see. :)

Ooh! Also, that purple ringed tile in the city screen appears to be showing the next tile that the automatic cultural expansion will acquire. Not sure if this is old news to people but, again, a nice UI feature. :D

Antivirus or anti-banner false positive?
no idea - it is literally the only site that is doing that. I'll try later from my home network and see if it changes.

Top Bottom