New History Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Despite the fact that Peter was not the logical heir-apparent to the throne of Muscovy, he was crowned in 1682, alongside his slightly-******ed, elder stepbrother, Ivan." Ernest A. Zitzer

Name the one civilisation the following three (and only surviving) complete tomes are associated with.

Dresden Codex (owned by Sächsische Landesbibliotek in Dresden)

Codex Tro-Cortesianus (owned by Museo de (beep) in Madrid)

Codex Perisianus (owned by Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris)

Bifrost is the next inquisitor.
You mean I'm right? Well I can't believe my eyes! Or I haven't just understood what you meant.
But if I'm the winner, than... here's the question. As you know, USSR hasn't been treated as a real state for a long time (for example USA started diplomatic relationships with USSR only in 1936 ( or perhaps 1932 - not quite sure:))); name the first european state that started SERIOUSLY collaborate with USSR, where (in what town) the first collaboration documents were signed, and what international conferention took place there( name the city where it took place). I don't think the question Is quite difficult, but here is the note: the respond should look like name of country and names of two cities.

Germany I think. To sign a peace treaty with the Soviets during WW1; only the Reds would sign such a treaty.

Brest-Livotsk? Or something like that...

Certainly, Germany, but the main difficulty is to name those cities (one of them is very famous, but another, well you'll have to work a bit, because its the SUBURB of the first city)
And one more thing. These documents were signed AFTER WW1 ended.
Almost forgot.. Knight, there's a question I've addressed to all the Chinese-speaking members of CFC at "English as second language" , could you answer it?

Since no one's asked a question, I'll ask one. What was the name of the horse that Caligula appointed to the Senate?

HEY?! What do you mean 'no one asked'? I've asked and still there's no correct respond been given

Do you mean Locarno conference?It took place in 1923 and I think it was about Dawes-Plan and all this reparation stuff.
Locarno is in Switzerland,is it a suburb of Geneva?

Locarno was between Italy and Britain wasn't it?

All I can find in my, albiet school, history book is Brest-Litovsk signed on 3rd March 1918

Eureka! Of course, there was the first Rapallo conference in 1917 between England, France and Italy in 1917, but I guess you refering to this, and I quote:

"Rapallo, Treaty of, 1922

1922, agreement signed by Germany and the USSR at Rapallo, Italy. It was reached by Walter Rathenau and G. V. Chicherin independently of the Conference of Genoa (see Genoa, Conference of), which was then in session. Germany accorded the USSR de jure recognition (the first such recognition extended to the Soviet government), and the two signatories mutually canceled all prewar debts and renounced war claims. Particularly advantageous to Germany was the inclusion of a most-favored-nation clause and of extensive trade agreements. The treaty enabled the German army, through secret agreements, to produce and perfect in the USSR weapons forbidden by the Treaty of Versailles. "

www.bartleby.com

Rapallo is a small town 15 miles East of Genoa on the Ligurian coast of Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom