New info from IGN article "3 ways civ6 radically re-invents itself"

Not necessarily. It may just be the previewer's choice of words.

We also don't know how the update is got. It could be a specific techs OR units. I.e. riflemen having "corps" ability, while musketeers not. In the latter case the wording about Napoleonic era are logical, IMHO, even if it's not in-game term.

Not necessarily. It may just be the previewer's choice of words. At this point, none of the previewers have seen the game and they're mostly regurgitating press releases, and often doing it poorly.

Eh, I think not in this specific case; I suspect that even a previewer this early on wouldn't make that egregious of a mistake (immediately following an interview with the lead designer, anyway) and randomly call what I'd assume would be a "Renaissance Era" something completely and utterly different.

mi
My major takeaway from the article is that there's a "Napoleonic Era" (supposedly when these new 'Corps' are unlocked). This sounds to me like some basic type of adaptation of the Enlightenment Era mod (woo!), and so we're going to end up with something roughly approaching an Ancient Era -> Classical Era -> Medieval Era -> Renaissance Era -> Napoleonic Era -> Industrial Era -> Modern Era -> Atomic Era -> Information Era set-up for the game's 'progression'.

If there is a "Napoleonic Era," Does that mean Napoleon is not a leader in the game? I would find it slightly wrong for one of the players to have the whole era to himself.
That said, even before this, I thought Ed Beach was referring to Louis XIV when he described the leader who is addicted to wonders and will fight you if you have more.

The tech tree will likely be designed based on active research needs. By that I mean a tech tree that offers strong option to go deep in it and have multi optional requirement.

Unlikely but the names of the eras could be based on which civilization you use, so Napoleonic Era could be the France civilization name of that era which may not be the same for the Indian civilization name for that era.

The most exciting thing to me about the expanded city sizes it what this means for border clashes. The pressure to grab tiles early will be incredibly intense. Scared a nearby city is about to build Pyramids? Grab the desert tile they could have used. The opportunities for trolling your neighbors are huge. No longer is the only worry that they could grab a key resource.

Plus what happens when two civs both build a military complex directly across the border from each other? Or you already placed your military complex, then a rival forward settles you and places his/hers super close to your city center out of reach of yours? So many possibilities.

Plus what happens when two civs both build a military complex directly across the border from each other? Or you already placed your military complex, then a rival forward settles you and places his/hers super close to your city center out of reach of yours? So many possibilities.

Imagine if land stealing is still possible in Civ 6. I guess it won't be, but that could be terribly (gloriously) cruel.

Top Bottom