New Mafia Game - finished 11/11/19 (MAFIA flawless victory)

Haven't I been right on you most of the time? Just not in the 2018 Org minis (I checked).

It's troubling also that you would say I'm the towniest player, yet it doesn't matter to you whether I die.

I have no idea honestly. Seems like a common theme, but I don't recall exactly. It feels like you've been wrong about me more than right, but I'm not entirely sure, it's been a while.

Why would it matter? The only way it would matter is if I'm 100% sure you're town, otherwise I could just be wrong, which happens all the time. At the end of the day it's just a feeling based on a handful of posts you've made nothing more than that. Forgive me if I don't give such a small sample a lot of weight.

Given last game didn't have a townie power role, this game probably doesn't either.

No way to know on power roles. There's no need to speculate - if we do have some on our side, we don't want the mafia to find them and kill 'em.

Tim: 2 or 3 mafia is about right. The most you could do is 4 but that would be a tough game.

What we should assume is that the mafia thrive off of panic, confusion, and inactivity. Misinformation is the name of their game. So keep cool heads and we as a town can make it through, I hope.

Right now, my gut feeling is that Tim, Csargo, and Montmorency are the villains. I don't at all feel confident in this, so I'm not ready to lynch any of them.

Vote: Abstain

I'll change my vote later if more evidence shows up.
This seems legit.

:hmm: A little selective quoting makes this post much more interesting. :p :lol:

...and Montmorency are the villains.
This seems legit.

The mafia thrives off inactivity, yet "you talk too much, must be nervous" seems like a pretty standard response.

"Standard vanilla" is a term that has less than no meaning to me.

Vanilla townie = a townie with no abilities

(as opposed to say, a Doctor, or a Cop, or a Vigilante, who are townies that can also do things at night)

Alrighty, if we are gonna survive and win this game as a town, we gotta get discussing. And moving.

Basically, we need some magic AND lunch. ;) (Tak, my vote is at the bottom of this "mega" post.)

Let's see where we are at with different players, at least as far as I feel. (You all want my opinion, right?) Time for a short read list early in the game.

Players:

INNOCENT
topsecret

Duh. I'm innocent. :p Can I really trust anyone else? :scared:

LEAN TOWN
I lean town on these people, but I've been known to be wrong... yeah, pretty much every time.

NinjaCow64
Being involved. Nothing seems to be making me feel suspicious. I feel like if Ninja were mafia, other mafia would come along to push the Synsensa vote. My two cents.

Snerk
Feels involved. That can be a bad sign, but my feelings don't say it is. So base your trust in this read based on how much you trust my feelings. :lol:

NO CLUE
No real opinion yet. Need some more insights or others' insight. This list is from least suspected to slightly suspected.

choxorn
Chox being chox. :dunno: Do you have any insights?

JohannaK
Been quiet so far on Day 2. What's up, JohannaK? We know you don't want Synsensa to vote for you. Any other ideas?

Montmorency
When I was a baddie last game, Mont was my partner. To be honest, he feels like he is playing different. I can't really tell. You could refer to last game's thread if you were resolved to compare meta.

MaryKB
Been acting innocent. Will probably turn out to either kill us all as mafia or have a super-power role for the town. I really have no clue how to read her. :p

Timsup2nothin
He's said a lot. I can't really tell one way or the other. I usually get my perceptions about people by seeing who they want to take out. (In mafia, but also otherwise in life. :D) What do you think Tim? Who should we lynch?

Synsensa
A player, who has done things, and generally promoted magic. Any ideas on what's going on, Synsensa? Who's looking guilty?

RRRaskolnikov
I feel like you were uninvolved, then really involved recently. Can't tell. What do you think of others besides Tim and inactives?

LEAN MAFIA
These are leans, not solid evidence. Yet I am willing to suspect all of you. You're shifty. :shifty:

Csargo
You give me a bad feeling. That's pretty much it. No evidence... you just feel shaky. This is the invert of my Snerk-read, I suppose.

LordArgon
Lazy vote. Shows up late. Generally inactive. This vote's trying to push toward a Tim lynch. Don't like the vote. I ain't 100%, but I will put my money where my mouth is:

vote: LordArgon

That's all I got for now. Will be hanging around to ask more questions, etc.

Gotta say, a lot of this analysis is fairly empty and goes nowhere, then votes for a barely-active player for voting Tim. Don't like this post at all. Why don't you like a Tim lynch, exactly? he's a null read for you.

Gotta say, a lot of this analysis is fairly empty and goes nowhere, then votes for a barely-active player for voting Tim. Don't like this post at all. Why don't you like a Tim lynch, exactly? he's a null read for you.

Maybe he believes my claims that I'm innocent, or believes that by leaving me alive and chattering for a while there will be more to learn from my eventual hanging. I'm a lightning rod.

Finally had a chance to go through all of Rakkoon's posts. I got nothing. Didn't seem like he was saying anything particularly explosive and didn't seem like anyone had some really pressing reason to want him dead. Could just be D1 weirdness I guess? Does anyone else have any potential ideas on what's going on there?

I'm going to go through the thread and quote anything that jumps out at me.

Alrighty, if we are gonna survive and win this game as a town, we gotta get discussing. And moving.

I echo Snerk's comment about you... This, followed by gut feelings and stuff like "I've been known to be wrong... yeah, pretty much every time" makes me feel really uncomfortable...

I feel like you were uninvolved, then really involved recently. Can't tell. What do you think of others besides Tim and inactives?

short story short, back in town after all saints week end... as for what I think...

I am having good times reading the thread (Synsensa, Tim, and you are doing a great job)... that's about the only certainty worth posting... the rest is just crane juice.
but since you asked nicely: as already stated, Montmo and Tim are acting weird to me (and so do you if you read clearly this post), Snerk is acting the honnest inspector, MaryKB, well..., I am not sure if she is a newbie, or if she is hiding something pretending to be one with such insistance. Csargo is unreadable for me right now (I shall read the thread once again), and the rests haven't post enough to be worth mentioning imo.

I had to look for the meaning of FOS :blush:. The stuff I opened literally exploded in my face, it wasn't pretty. I need to stop procrastinating and spend more time on the internet...

I had to look for the meaning of FOS :blush:. The stuff I opened literally exploded in my face, it wasn't pretty. I need to stop procrastinating and spend more time on the internet...

What on Earth popped up? I just got stuff related to a Financial Ombudsman Service.

FOS for you newbies stands for "Finger of Suspicion". Basically its saying that you find the person is super duper suspicious, but you don't want to vote for them just yet because you are busy voting for someone else who is more suspicious. Here, I'll give an example:

I return. My stupid notification did not notify me.

I shall vote for Timsup2nothin since I doubt that he lives up to his name.

Mega suspect. Does the minimum amount of effort in thread to not get GM killed and then gives a vote that is completely void of substance. FoS: LordAgon

oh, I got Full Of Sh.t (one could agree it's basically the same idea) :lol:

*rambling*

So defensive. Not even a vote on you yet! Twitchy. Some might say suspicious. I'm watching you. :scan:

Agreed!

What realm is this anyway? I'd like to register a complaint to our beloved GM on the distinct lack of themeing of this game. I'd like a hat to put on before I start lynching people.

Put on a top hat, we're British gentlepersons now. Tally ho!

I'm not sure he's innocent, but as the game goes on I'd have a better read on him compared to the others. That's all I meant by it.

I'd be more suspicious of the Monty-Csargo connection if Monty wasn't berating you every time you post, lol.

Tally:

Synsensa: (NinjaCow64), (MaryKB)
Timsup2nothin: (RRRaskolnikov), (LordArgon)
Topsecret: (Snerk)
MaryKB: (Synsensa)
LordArgon: (Topsecret)
Csargo: (Montmorency)

Not Yet Voted: JohannaK, Csargo, choxorn

@JohannaK @Csargo @choxorn Any ideas, amigos? (translators note: amigos is spanish for friends)

Actually you know what? Eff it. LordArgon reeks so badly his presence on the Tim wagon has put me off the Tim/Syn connection for the time being. Unvote: Synsesia; Vote: LordArgon my finger is too good for you.

JohannaK voted for me (twice!) If he's mafia and wants me dead, couldn't he have used his night murder to dispatch me? I feel confident he's innocent.

You've got to bear in mind that if the Mafia killed someone they were trying to lynch by day, it'd make them look suspicious. This of course can be exploited by WIFOM (wine in front of me, as someone explained above) by arguing that if they were the Mafia they wouldn't be so silly as to kill someone they had publicly try to kill. All in all, the game is one that's based on analysis of the voting record, death toll, and the metagame i.e., how players tend to behave when they are Mafia or town, and their reactions to any new development.

I've been largely quiet because I'm moderately busy with classes and the game isn't a top priority for me. By this I also mean I'm skimming a lot of the posts, which is very much a suboptimal way to play, but what the hell. I think I'll make an actual pass at rereading the day and try and get in a meaningful vote.

I feel like Tim and topsecret are being real scumbuddy-like. Csargo is fishy, and Argon and Syn are weird.

So I'm gonna vote: topsecret. I'll favour a tie between suspects over helping form a bandwagon scum can hide behind.

Top Bottom