NEW Native Set

As long as there is a .nif with the same name as the .kfm in the .kfm's folder, it should be not problem.

Really ? Is it because it is a Colonization unit ?

No, that happens with Civ4 units too.
The basic problem is that the .nif name is hardcoded in the .kfm, and that the game tries to find that .nif. If it can't, you'll get such problems. If python exceptions are not activated, this normally manifests in missing/wrong action buttons for the units.

I'm stupid. Of course !!! :wallbash::wallbash::hammer2:

I know that. Where did I put my head ??? I don't want to know. Guys, you are great ;)

My apologizes StrategeOnly. I pick the Natives folder from Ethnicae structure and forgot that all related unique animations are in a specific folder inside the mod .............. :mischief: please, don't say anything ... I know ... I don't live on earth ...

Repacked the Natives with all animations included and the corrected ArtDefine included. So you can follow it for your own structure ...

EDIT : re-uploaded and available now.

Thank to you for pointing me my mistake !

Really ? Is it because it is a Colonization unit ?
Here is a BtS example:
Code:
		<UnitArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_ETHIOPIAN_OROMO_WARRIOR_ORANGE</Type>
			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/ICBM.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Beyond_the_Sword_Atlas.dds,3,10</Button>
			<fScale>0.44</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
			<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
			<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
			<NIF>Art/Units/Unique_Ethiopia_OromoWarrior/Ethiopian_OromoWarrior_Orange.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/Unique_Ethiopia_OromoWarrior/Ethiopian_OromoWarrior.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Unique_Ethiopia_OromoWarrior/Ethiopian_OromoWarrior_Orange.nif</SHADERNIF>
			<ShadowDef>
				<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
				<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
				<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
			</ShadowDef>
			<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
			<fRangedDeathTime>0.05</fRangedDeathTime>
			<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
			<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
			<AudioRunSounds>
				<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
				<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
			</AudioRunSounds>
		</UnitArtInfo>
The nif and the kfm are named differently, but there is also an Ethiopian_OromoWarrior.nif present in the folder, therefore it works.

When executed, the kfm looks in its folder if a nif of the same name is present. If it is, all is right. It doesn't matter if that nif is really used or not.

The nif and the kfm are named differently, but there is also an Ethiopian_OromoWarrior.nif present in the folder, therefore it works.

When executed, the kfm looks in its folder if a nif of the same name is present. If it is, all is right. It doesn't matter if that nif is really used or not.

I know SaibotLieh .... I know all this. But I'm stupid sometimes. As I already said, thank you guys : you are great. You are here when I'm away in the clouds. :lol:

Guys, if you have to crown the most "fool in the clouds" member of CiivFanatics, please ... choose me !

My apologizes StrategeOnly. I pick the Natives folder from Ethnicae structure and forgot that all related unique animations are in a specific folder inside the mod ..........

Yeppers that did the trick thx guys, i am making a brand new civ of my tribe of this area, these are really good representations, thx.

EDIT: OK you forgot to put back in the Javelineer unit.

EDIT EDIT: If you have current or newer buttons would be nice also to include them, and again thx.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Also liked all the extra warrior nifs and worker ones also, etc, you had there also.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: In your nif the Cuirassier was Native_Mounted_Warrior1 but in the new one you put it withOUT the 1, but in the definitions you still had it as a 1 there, JFYI.

Thanks again to The J and SaibotLieh ...

Yeppers that did the trick thx guys, i am making a brand new civ of my tribe of this area, these are really good representations, thx.

EDIT: OK you forgot to put back in the Javelineer unit.

You don't need the maliskirmisher animation since the tags in the xml call the one from the game, so no bad anim problem.

EDIT EDIT: If you have current or newer buttons would be nice also to include them, and again thx.

no problem, I can add them in a next repack

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: In your nif the Cuirassier was Native_Mounted_Warrior1 but in the new one you put it withOUT the 1, but in the definitions you still had it as a 1 there, JFYI.

Going to che check asap.

:coffee:

Thanks again to The J and SaibotLieh ...

You don't need the maliskirmisher animation since the tags in the xml call the one from the game, so no bad anim problem.

no problem, I can add them in a next repack

Going to che check asap.

:coffee:

Just got the same error with the Galley, as above pic2??

These units are great, even if a little confusing. I've used a bunch of these guys in my mod, with the archer from before as the Native America/US Archer, and the longbow looking dude from this pack as the Native American/US Longbowman.

Also below, seems some of the nif's aren't working??

Since I repacked them, and added the missing anims, it should work fine.

About the galley : didn't have time to check yet. Will do asap. No need to double post the same sentence. I won't hurry more ! :lol:

Happy new year ! :)

Since I repacked them, and added the missing anims, it should work fine.

About the galley : didn't have time to check yet. Will do asap. No need to double post the same sentence. I won't hurry more ! :lol:

Happy new year ! :)

OK, now its the 8th, so i figure i can "re-post" anything on the galley yet??:mischief:

So the Galley in this set is STILL broken... Anyone have any updates? Heh.

(Terrific work otherwise, btw. :))

Horrendously late to the party, but a workaround for the galley is to rename 'nativeboat.nif' to 'EE2_WhalingBoat.nif' and adjust XML references as necessary.

Top Bottom