New patch 20 December

Isn't that what the new "alert" feature does? (I haven't tested it yet, and maybe there's a difference between sentry and alert.)

Sounds like sentry to me. From the notes, "Put a unit to sleep until they spot an enemy unit."

I agree.

I do however think that people are resisting the ideas because it seems at first glance that it will be much harder now to build space projects and late-game units without the stacked IZ bonuses. Playing the game will tell, however!
It indeed depends on how it will work out. I am however quite sceptical. I really liked the "Industrial Revolution" occuring, having something like a personal Ruhr Valley (+ the wonder of the same name if possible) in the core of my Empire was always very nice. It was an investment of production, time and planning to get there — and it paid out, if done well. It also made the map more interesting, with empires not just constisting of cities, but important geographical areas.

I find the changes to the entertainment zones equally concerning. Waging long wars will become more difficult without that extra ameneties.

Sounds like sentry to me. From the notes, "Put a unit to sleep until they spot an enemy unit."

Yes you are right. I just looked in the UI section, saw it wasn't there and put 2 and 2 together and got 3.
Good on firaxis. Should have been there from the beginning, but whatever.

Tested another couple of starts to make sure. Game still isn't fun.Mid game on is like watching paint dry with production and ways of actually proceeding in strategy. Doesn't come close to ever provoking a 'one more turn' feeling in me. First title of theirs I've ever had where I can't wait to stop playing. I don't know what they intend on doing but they better do it fast. I have no doubt this game is pissing away brand loyalty worse than that terrible stillborn known as Beyond Earth.

I think they need to cut the crap with their 'seasonal patches' release schedule and start pumping out some changes.

Oh, and one more aspect I completely forgot to mention: Maybe AI is better in handling the new rule than the old one, making it a bit more competable... :groucho:

Yeah let's simplify district managment rules so that AI coding will be easier...

Is it working? I just tried and put an archer on alert but it didn't wake up when a barb scout entered a tile that is 2 tiles from my archer (within attack range)...

Yeah let's simplify district managment rules so that AI coding will be easier...

In fairness, that's the main rallying cry of the "I hate 1UPT" gang. While it is as far from a satisfying argument, it does have some merits. If the AI is truly so bad that the game is unplayable and Firaxis is unable/unwilling to fix the AI, I'd rather have a slightly less complex game that is playable

In fairness, that's the main rallying cry of the "I hate 1UPT" gang. While it is as far from a satisfying argument, it does have some merits. If the AI is truly so bad that the game is unplayable and Firaxis is unable/unwilling to fix the AI, I'd rather have a slightly less complex game that is playable

1UPT is still a disaster after all these years and while the fact that the AI can't handle combat with it is serious, it has other wide reaching effects that Sullla addressed a long time ago and are still valid today. Hopefully they'll ditch 1UPT in the next iteration.

Anyway, the patch looks good. Slowly but surely. :)

I think they need to cut the crap with their 'seasonal patches' release schedule and start pumping out some changes.

I take it you're referring to the monthly patches?

It's supposedly fixed but just not in the notes.

Do you have a reference for that?

Still no fix for the last thing built by a City notification?

Seriously?

I think it's fixed, though it's not in the patch notes. I went back to my last saved game, just after a science victory, and the production screen showed the city had just completed a Mars project. TBH, I have no desire to start a new game right now to check.

How many horses did you need in a city that has horses to build horseman before the patch?

I started a new game and I have horses within my city Xian. In the build menu, it says I need 2 horses without an encampment to build horseman. I thought if your city had them you only needed one.

Spoiler :
horseman_necessary.jpg

I pre-ordered the deluxe version primarily for the discount on future DLC. I now regret that purchase decision given the underwhelming DLC. They already got my money, so lesson learned for next time, I guess.

How many horses did you need in a city that has horses to build horseman before the patch?

I started a new game and I have horses within my city Xian. In the build menu, it says I need 2 horses without an encampment to build horseman. I thought if your city had them you only needed one.

Two, unless the city has an encampment, in which case you only needed one.

wow if you don't have the CA Enhanced Main Menu mod loading time at startup is incredibly slow!

I think it's fixed, though it's not in the patch notes. I went back to my last saved game, just after a science victory, and the production screen showed the city had just completed a Mars project. TBH, I have no desire to start a new game right now to check.
The last build notification is working well for me, now.

Top Bottom