new patch is on its way: 1.0.1.275, released April, 28th

Yes.. the civ5 combat AI makes even a monkey look strategical genius, therefore its great. I mean thats what we all wanted :)

Cheers.

That's all I wanted. I'm also no fan of losing to the AI. The AI didn't get worse from IV to V, it's just harder for them because they can't arrange all their units into one huge pile.

they can write a code for a totally new game in 7 months, but they are busy releasing DLC's :(

To be fair, it's entirely different groups of people (Artists aren't exactly writing the code for the game).

I think that the Korea DLC will probably be included free in the later patch, as Korea is a key market they're aiming at.

That's all I wanted. I'm also no fan of losing to the AI. The AI didn't get worse from IV to V, it's just harder for them because they can't arrange all their units into one huge pile.

So all you wanted was a combat AI that even a monkey can beat, well you got it, you must be thrilled.

I agree that the AI hasnt necessarily gone worst from IV, it was just easier system for the AI to understand and be "good" at it. But thats hardly an excuse, they really should have improved the AI to be at LEAST ok in 1upt system.

I hope it's more multiplayer option.. Like animation and turn by turn game.. instead of who can click faster.

been playing civ5 a little while now and glad to see there will be AI changes in the naval game. I think it needs a lot more work because at this point the AI doesn't use direct naval attacks on any city that I've played and only once have they countered a huge fleet of ships and not very well (when I had a bunch of ship of the lines and they had a couple submarines)

Its just too easy to beat the AI by bombarding them with boats... When I get frigates the game is over unless playing on level 7,8 or pangea. Why is a fleet of upgraded frigates able to beat destroyers and battleships and carriers?? this is what makes the game feel fake thanks guys for taking the time to look at that.

oh and please tell the AI that carriers are for naval combat with airplanes, sometimes they just spam carriers and drive around empty its funny

...example - on level 6 continents you can use one decent land unit with a ton of ships and take half the map. this doesn't seem realistic.

yes I wish the AI was smarter and defended attacks better with bombardment weapons, seems like all it can do is attack and not very well unless they're 10 techs ahead

Does it mean that we would be able to create 2D leaderheads, like in civ4?

You can already.
The problem for the modders is, that 2D leaderheads are only available on totally low settings. So if you have a custom civ with a 2D leaderhead, it will not show up on higher settings, instead you'll get a 3D leaderhead from the originally for the custom civ used civ.
-> this option means, that modders will be able to mix new Civs with 2D leaderheads into mods, without caring about the settings of the users.

You can already.
The problem for the modders is, that 2D leaderheads are only available on totally low settings. So if you have a custom civ with a 2D leaderhead, it will not show up on higher settings, instead you'll get a 3D leaderhead from the originally for the custom civ used civ.
-> this option means, that modders will be able to mix new Civs with 2D leaderheads into mods, without caring about the settings of the users.
Yes!! This is what I have been waiting for!
We just need the .dll and I'm ready to download user-made civs. BTW, is it already possible to create civ spesific color schemes, or do modders have to use existing ones?

...You know this how? Sources please. IIRC, the last 'patch' simply added Korean translations to the game. All the hubub about a Korean DLC seems to be based on faulty translations, NOT actual info.

Show actual sources, and I'll believe it. Until then, it is the same faulty translation.

There's some vague sources in Korean. I've brought up the possibility of translator error before, but it hasn't gained much traction. It doesn't seem right, since the info is usually leaked to that German magazine first, but I also don't speak Korean, so I can't falsify it.

Prior to that, it was a persistent rumor, which could go either way (either it's still a rumor that popped up again or it was always considered and we've just dismissed the obvious as rumors).

There's some vague sources in Korean. I've brought up the possibility of translator error before.
Vague sources? How is the Civilization-site a 'vague source'? Or is the Korean Civ-site not an official site?
And it can hardly be a translation-error as it even says so in English :)
"(Korea Civilization)’ DLC(Downloadable Content)"

But... This is offtopic in a patch-thread :p

down the page here, but still nothing on any english speaking site AFAIK.

I've seen that and I do not believe it. I'm fairly certain it is just a poorly translated announcement for the Korean localization patch.

There's some vague sources in Korean. I've brought up the possibility of translator error before, but it hasn't gained much traction. It doesn't seem right, since the info is usually leaked to that German magazine first, but I also don't speak Korean, so I can't falsify it.

Prior to that, it was a persistent rumor, which could go either way (either it's still a rumor that popped up again or it was always considered and we've just dismissed the obvious as rumors).

We'll just have to wait and see. We know there will be a DLC, at least, given the new achievements. Given the patch notes though, it seems likely to be a war-based scenario... Zulu?

Vague sources? How is the Civilization-site a 'vague source'? Or is the Korean Civ-site not an official site?
And it can hardly be a translation-error as it even says so in English :)
"(Korea Civilization)’ DLC(Downloadable Content)"

But... This is offtopic in a patch-thread :p

Again, I think it's a mistranslation of the Korean localization. Or a communication error at Firaxis.

But you're right, it's offtopic.

Top Bottom