NEW PBEM, my first one, v. 1,61

one week and no save coming my way... now I see how PBEM game with 8 players really looks like. I hope we gonna speed up a little before end of June - who knows how it will work during holiday time.

Thanks for advice Ben E Gas, I'll try it as soon as I get my turn.

If there was ever a way we could all get online at the same time one weekend then we could play thru a bunch of turns. I did that in a game with only one person, we played as a PBEM and then when we were online together he set up our game to run as a regular online game and when we were done he switched it back again. Not sure what setting it is though. The tough part would be to get us online all at the same time though.

If there was ever a way we could all get online at the same time one weekend then we could play thru a bunch of turns. I did that in a game with only one person, we played as a PBEM and then when we were online together he set up our game to run as a regular online game and when we were done he switched it back again. Not sure what setting it is though. The tough part would be to get us online all at the same time though.

That's a great idea. Anyone knows how to do it??
It won't be easy, with almost 10h time difference between us, but let's give it a try.
This weekend I can play at any time. Post here what time you will be able to play - if we are lucky it can work.

This weekend might be tough for me since it is mother's day weekend, and the inlaws are coming over. But I can go online after 10PM US EST. Probably not too good for you GMT'ers. Other weekends will be different and I will be able to set up to play at what would be normal hours for you guys. It'll be tough to get us all together. If we do happen to get a time set up, we should probably all sign up for ICQ instant messenging or something like that so we can communicate outside of the forums and emails. But we can worry about that later.

Urb, I bet they explain how to do it somewheres on this forum.

Turn recieved played and passed on.

As to an accelerated online session, I am not against it but I would need a month's notice to scchedule it. My life is just to hectic right now for snap gaming (oh if only it weren't so) Furthermore this weekend is Mother's Day and my wife would kill...I mean... kill me if I screwed around at all this weekend (No my wife is not my mother. This isn't Delieverance, but I have two very young children who aren't ready to shoulder the burden of Mother's Day yet). So it is right out. Sorry to be such a drag but my schedule is the reason that I am playing PBEM and not online.

Another thing to consider is that it appears the technical issues which were bedeviling some of the players seem to have been solved so maybe that will quicken the pace.

Turn recieved played and passed on.

As to an accelerated online session, I am not against it but I would need a month's notice to scchedule it. My life is just to hectic right now for snap gaming (oh if only it weren't so) Furthermore this weekend is Mother's Day and my wife would kill...I mean... kill me if I screwed around at all this weekend (No my wife is not my mother. This isn't Delieverance, but I have two very young children who aren't ready to shoulder the burden of Mother's Day yet). So it is right out. Sorry to be such a drag but my schedule is the reason that I am playing PBEM and not online.

Another thing to consider is that it appears the technical issues which were bedeviling some of the players seem to have been solved so maybe that will quicken the pace.

My schedule is the reason why I too play PBEM rather than online. For example, each weekend from Friday to Sunday I will work in the region of 32 to 36 hours. Add in sleep time and the odd minute to kiss the wife goodbye/hello and you will see that hooking up at weekends is totally out of the question. This is also the reason why my turn playing can be erratic between midnight Friday night through to midnight Sunday night although I do my best to keep this to a minimum.

As for the technical issues, they have definately played a huge part in this weeks slow turnaround and, while I still have no idea why they came about, I hope that the issues are at an end given the fact I have never experienced such issues in the entire time I have been playing PBEM.

no problem. I can relate to all of those issues.

----------------

Edited
05-14-07

I received the file. I'll send it out in about 14 or 15 hours. 10 or 11pm US EST.

Hi.

I received the turn this morning and sent to Dazz.

Dazz played his turn too and sent it to Ben.

I predict we start rolling :crazyeye:

Panos

EDIT : Ben you have so slow connection that it takes 15 hours to upload 500kb attachment? You really live in 3880 BC. hahaha :lol:

ya right. lol. The reason is that I got the file at 6am this morning and didn't see it until 8am when I was at work. I won't have time to play until I get home and around 11pm, unfortunately.

order up and on to urb.

How sweet to wake up, and sipping morning tea realize that I got next turn from this and Maydrocks PBEM... Played and sent about 2h ago. I'm impressed how quick is Maydrocks game progressing. C'mon guys, they cannot beat us!

Oh, and I have to announce that my empire borders expanded and it is two times bigger then before :) I'm so happy... Oh, oh and you wouldn't believe how friendly and helpful these villagers can be.

BTW between Friday afternoon and Sunday evening I will probably be offline. Hope I'll get next turn around Thursday.

Yeah, yeah....don't worry I took care of all the helpful villagers for ya in my game. :eek:

It must be something to do with the emails arriving in their inboxes every two hours until they forward their turn that's doing the trick.:whipped:

turn received this morning and sent to Dazz.

And Dazz played his turn and sent it to Ben. :D

We start rolling. :)

Sorry that sleep interrupted our progress but...Rolling

Rolling :)

I want my second Quechua by the end of May!!!

Who knows when will animals and barbs appear?? I don't want to be caught in the open by some ugly creature...

Top Bottom