[BNW] New Pokemon Civilizations - Real Pokemon have arrived in Civ 5

MaverickMods

Chieftain
New Pokemon Civilizations (Alpha release) Part 1
lance-kanto-logo.png
alola-logo.png

DOWNLOAD KANTO CIV (GEN 1) DOWNLOAD ALOLA CIV (GEN 7)

Command 30+ Pokemon in each Civ!

Generous output from Unique Buildings!

Generally more powerful units than their vanilla counterparts!

Compete with, team-up, or become a Pokemon Civ Leader!

Kanto Civ Photos

Alola Civ Photos(outdated)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What?

Spending an ungodly number of hours in Civ 5 has led to this moment. What started as a proof-of-concept of converting a few Nintendo 3DS Pokemon models, armatures, with their native animations, has evolved into 2 playable Pokemon Civs with ~60 Pokemon in total.

Compatibility

I haven't tested this with Vox Populi. Requires BNW.

What's next?

Bugfixes, unit rescaling, balancing, new attack FX(s), more sound effects, and potentially changing/adding Pokemon.

I also have 2 other new Civs in the making. Both will have ~30 Pokemon units that'll fit their respective civilization theme. (Jungle and Halloween). I should be done with them later this year.

Credits

Nintendo/Game Freak/Creatures Inc for creating Pokemon 3DS games/assets.
Firaxis for creating Civilization V

XML/SQL/FTSXML dev, Mesh/Animation/Textures Conversions, other modding tasks - ventus (MaverickMods)

Special thanks to @ghost toast for sharing their knowledge of FTSXML and animation event codes! As well as fixing Pikachu's FTSXML code!

Tools

Blender 2.4.9 with SMD and NexusBuddy Scripts
Nexus Buddy 2
Paint.NET for Graphic Editing
Ohana3DS for ripping Nintendo 3DS Meshs and Animations

Note

Anyone who wants to use the Pokemon units in this mod for their own project, go ahead!
Feel free to credit me as the original converter :)

I'll make a tutorial on the conversion workflow at some point.

Last edited:
FYI The Kanto Civ Photo's link goes to a 404 error page mate.
Thanks for the heads up! It looks like it had the correct url even though it was 404-ed, which is odd. I just re-pasted the url. It looks like it's working now.

Unfortunately the Kanto civ photo link still hits a 404 page for me. Massive congrats on the mods though, these are incredible!

Top Bottom