New Punishment Method?

Originally posted by floppa21
Speaking of which, didja hear about the guy who is trying to sue the fast food chains for get this, MAKING HIM FAT?! :eek: He'd probably spend the money on fastfood... (gosh I hope there isn't a thread on this in OT)
Of course there is. :D

Apart from that I agree with your suggestion.

Originally posted by floppa21
Short of having Darky send the Spetznas to the offender's doorstep, I suggest TF and Co. step up the banning. :goodjob:

Ahem. One can offer the Geheime Stats Polizei, the SS, or any number of evil fascist paramilitaries and secret police, but no misspelt Russian units. :p

Oh cant we all just get on and, like, love each other instead of all this negative banning talk??!!:(

How about some sort of REWARD for previous offenders who behave themselves after being banned or warned?

*winces in expectation of deluge of abuse*

Originally posted by Simon Darkshade
Ahem. One can offer the Geheime Stats Polizei, the SS, or any number of evil fascist paramilitaries and secret police, but no misspelt Russian units. :p
You obviously prefer misspelt Nazi organizations. :p

Tsk. Hitro, do stop being such a sour Kraut. :p ;)

Rodgers: For the simple reason that we do not love each other. This is not a hippy commune, but a brutal dictatorship ruled with a fist of iron.:D
And I love it. :D :mwaha:

Originally posted by Simon Darkshade
Tsk. Hitro, do stop being such a sour Kraut. :p ;)
:D
I expected a more sophisticated attempt to cover your fallibility. :p ;)

But I agree with the explanation you gave to Rodgers. :lol:

Originally posted by Rodgers
Oh cant we all just get on and, like, love each other instead of all this negative banning talk??!!:(

How about some sort of REWARD for previous offenders who behave themselves after being banned or warned?

*winces in expectation of deluge of abuse*

Bah! Reward those who reform? How about those who don't mis-behave in the first place? 10's and 20's please. ;)

*Puts a half moon next to Hitro's name on The List *

The Honorable(?) Gentleman(?) from Ohio has a point. Rewarding those who mend their ways is all fine and dandy, but the reward should be nothing more than the continued ability to post here. The REAL rewards should go to those who don't give the moderators trouble in the first place.

PS: The previous blatant attempt at arse-kissing was brought to you by the letter "E," and the number "1337."

Well you should think people are old enough to accept the need of rules and their commitment to obey to them. But sadly not everybody is able to understand it so the mods are here to friendly show them the right way ;) but there are surely some stubborn members so this sounds like a good method to punish smaller "crimes" instead of ban people of course also in a friendly way. :D

Just ban 'em. No need to make them feel special.

Ban is not a good method. Anyone can then register with a different nick and continue happily... IMHO, no criticism here intended, but it's not the best way to stop misbehaviour!

3-day ban is better. Uneffective to guys like me, with few access to internet, that post in mass and then stay days unconnected, but better.

That new option... It's a good possibility, as long as it is temporary. A skull in an Avatar fro a while is a good idea, I think. A new title would be good also good. Not banned, perhaps something you should be ashamed of.
A temporary banneing for more serious things (1 month, for example) could be also a good weapon to combat bad attitudes.

But to me the best option is still warnings. Whenever possible, try to get people to reason.

But that doesn't matter to me. I don't have even read the forum rules, since I decided to be a nice guy in such a great site, to have peace when I'm here. Peace and Love :D

Oh, and be more positive. Do not focus in bans, try to think on good things and no bad such as this (as in forum styles, great work here, in Dark Blue :goodjob: ).

Top Bottom