New release: R.E.D. v.41->44 !

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
should be compatible with save up to v.39 (but some change/fix requires a new game))

v.44 (June 7, 2015)

DLL :
  • make extra-sure to reveal territory when teaming
  • allow dead civ to change team

Balance:
  • tweak OOB
  • Marder I is not buildable (but 3 are given when conquering Paris)
  • tweak retreats

v.43 (May 31, 2015):

- DLL
  • only Conquest is available for AI Grand Strategy
  • minors should not do anything
  • finally fix wrong icons in War/Peace notification
  • do not show war/peace notification related to a minor faction following a major into war.

- Balance:
  • do not allow minor nation to build units (again), but give every neutral minor a starting OOB
  • tweak major nations OOB (add artillery units)
  • use a maximum number of units on a troop route to prevent sending too many units away
  • remove Aircraft Carriers from build list, they'll be added as project (to spawn the whole package aircraft + carrier)
  • infantry tanks get 25% penalty from air attacks

- Bug fix:
  • U.S.A were not supposed to spawn on the Europe map
  • Semovente M41-75/18 project was not correctly set
  • bunker were not supposed to be damaged by nearby city bombardment

And a few optimizations

v.42 (May 31, 2015):

bugfix : convoy spawn before 1942
typo: tribal class

v.41 (May 30, 2015):

- Feature :
  • add bunker Improvements (asioasioasio Civ4 model converted by Ekmek)

- Bug fix :
  • cities were not converted during Fall of Poland and Denmark
  • damage values were not correctly set on pillaged improvement
  • convoy move immediately after spawning (can't be blocked anymore by a smart player against the edge of the map)
  • do not stop adding resources to a player pool after testing a pillaged plot

- Balance :
  • mark convoy as "CIVILIAN_ATTACK_PRIORITY_HIGH" for the AI
  • add Fortification NW of Warsaw on the 39-45 Europe map
  • add Military Base for Strasbourg for the human players (it was already available to the AI) on the 39-45 Europe map
  • new routes in 1942 for U.K. and France (resources and military units from USA) on the 39-45 Europe map
  • defensive positions (Urban Area, Factories, Bunker, Fort, Citadel) are pillaged when an unit capture their position on enemy territory (but not when liberating territory)
  • lower strength of fortification units (from 50 to 40)

Available on CFC database and Steam Workshop

The R.E.D. Xtreme for WWII Edition is also updated to reflect the change, update/install after the base mod.

Make sure you have the latest version of the R.E.D. WWII Data Files (current is v.5, size ~96 MB) from mediafire. (not updated since R.E.D WWII Edition v.39)

Please post here comments about the gamelay additions of this version.

Use the bug reports thread for any new or old bugs.

Detailed installation instructions are here.

There is a bug with the new convoy routes (B-17 and Sherman are sent in Europe immediately after the invasion of Poland...), I'm going to post a quick fix ASAP.

fix uploaded

and another hotfix (U.S.A were not supposed to spawn a settler on the Europe map !), v.43 is uploaded, with a very old bug finally fixed in the DLL (didn't expected this one to be a civ5's bug, not a mod's bug), the notification icons are now correct for declaration of war/peace !

Gedemon....Thanks for the updates. This is truly the best WW2 mod and I hope you continue to keep it updated. Any other plans for the future of this mod?

integration of other resources, convert Lua to C++ when possible, more AI coding, a new world map.

The Finn didnt bring their lunch! After peace with Finland the infantry cut from supply have minus 2 hits points every turn, is it as expected?

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 368
So you are making a new earth map, when do you think this will be released?

Also about the 1936 game mode is that coming back?

Crash on Turn 47. Pls help!

Attachments

• RED_WWII_Autosave_EndTurn.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 315
Crash on Turn 47. Pls help!

Ok, the game was not expecting the mod to try to put a dead civ in a team...

Can you try to download this DLL here into the mod's folder ("..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v xx)"), replacing the existing one ?

should fix your crash :)

I was so surprised to see updates! Thank Gedemon! Hoping soon this mod will take its place as top mod for Civ 5

some interesting observations, and note i havent got the chance to do a full playthrough, just mucking about as the UK.

I can confirm the airsweep bug is healing cities. on a side note, i now realize i didnt need to build large air factories or build heavy bombers.... the convoys of B-17's from america has my bomber command up to 14 heavy bombers... in June of 42:eek: however, i may have to start disbanding them as they come in now, as my army is now over strength:rolleyes: and my production is starting to take hits... and i cant gift them to anyone :sad:

Can you describe the air sweep bug again please ? I know it was reported, but I don't remember where it was reported, and I can't find it in the Bug reports section :)

edit: once you have more than 10 operational B-17, you shouldn't get convoy with them anymore (but the convoy en route may give you a bit more than 10)

The air sweep bug:

While conducting air sweep operations against an enemy city with fighters stationed in it, the damage caused to the fighters actually heals the city if the city has/had taken damage through bombing.

thanks, I've copied your post in the bug reports section to keep track of it.

If there are no critical bugs, this may be the final release of the mod before switching to the new framework...

v.44 (June 7, 2015)

DLL :
  • make extra-sure to reveal territory when teaming
  • allow dead civ to change team

Balance:
  • tweak OOB
  • Marder I is not buildable (but 3 are given when conquering Paris)
  • tweak retreats

Top Bottom