New Steam Interface - Problems

qadams

Bohemian
The new online interface at Steam, introduced about a week ago on my computer, is not running as smoothly (at least for me) as did its old reliable predecessor. It keeps getting hung up and won't switch from one screen to another, like from Store to Library or from Library to Workshop. When that happens, as it seems to do every single day, I have to quit Steam and reload. :wallbash:

Has anyone else noticed these kinds of problems? Or is it only me?

I'm also not very happy with their new approach to the Workshop. It takes more clicks to get where I want to go and the screen view is less useful than it was before. Maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon (okay, I am one), but I have a feeling I may not be the only person dissatisfied with our Steam overlords.

I’m not having any issues. And I really enjoy the new Library. It looks really good. I just would like to rearrange a couple of things, but most of it is great.

Now, about the Workshop, I haven’t found it takes more clicks. It’s actually the same experience for me. Two clicks away from the library to the new stuff, for example.

Steam crashes frequently for me and I find it unappealing visually. Miss the old UI.

I have looked all over the new interface and still cannot find the workshop for any game. Is it hidden or did I just miss something? I was attempting to get into a couple games but to no avail....lol

First try in my apartment: everything fine. Second try at my parents house with terrible internet connection: client crashes and with it civilization. So for me there are definitely some problems.

On two pc's we did accumulate small issues, plus they are a, couple of minor regression.
I think they have the right idea but the execution is flawed. Cttoi, it's only fitting for a civ6 forum ;)

Top Bottom