Pggar - 2nd round completed
Grey Fox - 2nd round completed
Hennessey - 1st round in progress

Difficulty: Monarch
Turns per Player : 20
Map Size: Standard
Civ: Iroquois
Barbs: Raging

Other things will be set at random, or if ppl have preferences then they might be changed.

Rules:

You are required to verify that you have gotten the saved game within 24hrs by posting an "i got it" message.

Afterwhich you will have another 24 hour period to play.

All posts and saved games will be conducted on this forum, unless some difficult intervenes.

Current "Big" Picture:

I'll play.
Here's my mail.
pgg@ieg.com.br

Edit: Btw, I think 5 players is a good number of players. If one or two drops, it is still no problem. 6 players might be a little too much.
You should advertize the game in the sticky thread as I believe lots of players have subscribed to it.

Hey, i'm rather quite new to such internet forums, and well i have no idea what that sticky thread you speak of is.

(btw, alright 2 more free spots available then - and how about reducing the number of turns from 20 to 15?)

the sticky thread is the thread located towards the top. It is called open spots in succession games. You can post there and anyone who can play will notify you. When you post, make sure you direct them to sign up on this thread so that they don't fill the sticky thread with signups as the moderator has asked us not to. P.S. I can't play this game but if u need ill sign up later.

I would like to join your game, could I?

I can play pretty good on Monarch and I manage quite good on emperor (that's what I'm currently play the most)... so can I join the game?

My freind Silverblade might be interested too...

our emails

GREY FOX: frst01@student.bth.se
SilverBlade: frpa01@student.bth.se

I would also to join if that's ok. I'm about as good as Grey Fox, though slightly lacking in the expansion speed.

But I'm a devil with money, so the treasure should be high with me playing. Played a lot of hard difs before, so the dif is no problem for me.

Count me in mates.

- Sweden has once ruled half of Europe in the history:cool:

Hey, alright, i think we have our 5 pplz - (and it didn't matter if monarch was difficult for you, cuz then the other ppl would have a nice time tryign to dig out of the holes made ::p )

any how, so the list of ppl right now is

asaegyn (me)
my friend who as of yet does not have a civfanatic account
Pggar
Grey Fox
Silverblade

The decision now is to decide what civ we play. post here with your choice, and hopefully we'll have a game started by tomorrow.

and now, for the five words of swedish i know:

Jag ville dansa och sjunga!

My Vote goes for the Iroquois. I have never played with them before, but I always wanted too. Their Special unit the Mounted Warrior seems interesting.

The fact that they are Expansionist and Religous, make them an interesting civ...

I really like Copernicus Obs. and I love the Sistine Chapel so thats my choice...

Well I can tell you other guys that the Iroquois never have been played by me, so my vote will go to them.

The vote result will now be two votes on Iroquois, this isn't a pact from the two vikings. We just agreed to vote like that to see your reactions.

No I'm just joking. It would be nice to see what the vote result would be now.

I wouldn't minf playing the Egyptians, French or Iroquois. Any one of them would be fine.

Alright, then let's choose the Iroquois.

Would anyone object to the following rotation?

Me
Pggar
My Friend
Grey Fox
Silverblade

if not, then the first twenty should be done by tomorrow night (Eastern Canadian time - so i guess it'd be around midnight for you guys - sorry)

Silverblade and me should be playeng after each other, because we live in the same Time zone... this would make the time taken to play very fast...

So rearange so that we are the last ones in the list or so that silverblade plays right after me...

Edit: This change has been done, thank you...

I'm actually watching a movie about Hiawatha right now...

In The Beginning

At around 4000 BC, rumours came of a tribe that emanated in middle earth, who were to begin their trek in the canopy of the world. These were a purple people, who smoked pipes of weird stuffs, and hence they once decided that settlement would be a good idea.

And so, they set forth, and journeyed for several hundred years (one turn up onto a hill), where they founded the city of (sheesh i forget the name)

Meh, it is too late for me to write properly right now. in any event, summary of 20 turns.

Built capital city.
Got three techs from goodie huts.
Built three roads and 1 mine with worker
Built 1 warrior, settler will be finished next turn.
Contacted english.
explored.

very boring.

here is the saved game, and also a pic of starting position.

Pggar you are up next. reply within 24 hours saying you have it, or else it moves on... etc.
gl (and try to expand :goodjob: )

I'm playing.

Edit: Btw, you don't need to email me. I've subscribed to the thread so I'm notified (by email) everytime someone posts here. Anyway, if you want to email just to be sure, I don't have any objections.

First Act: I increased the science rate to 100%. We don't need the money right now. Bronze Working (BW) will be discovered in 10 turns (instead of 22).

2950bc - Pggar rises to power.
2900bc - Settler leaves Salamanca.
2800bc - Niagara Falls was founded.
2710bc - An English warrior appeared next to our borders. They only have BW, so I don't do trade with them, since will get it in 3 turns.
2350bc - We've met the Egyptians. They're technologically inferior.
2270bc - Grand river was founded. This should be our settler building city. The next ruler will have to irrigate the Wheat tiles.
2150bc - Finished my turn.

Summary
We have the tech lead and the same number of cities as the English (the Egyptian have only two cities). I'm not into wars right in the beginning of the game, so I didn't start one. The next player should do it if it fits him. As I said Grand River should be used as our settler center. Salamanca (capital) should start an earlier Wonder. I didn't find any huts in my turn :(. The fact that we have another expansionist civ next to us doesn't help. I think before we move on, we should destroy the English. It's very important that we make a road to one beaver (furs) since Salamanca's border will grow in the next 21 turns. Grand River is producing a warrior because there's a horde of barbs following our scout to the southeast of GR, but after Salamanca builds the settler, it would probably finish the warrior sooner than GR.

That's it. Good luck to the next player. I'm attaching a picture to the thread if someone has a connection problem and can't load pics, tell me, and I'll remove it. Ive put it in the zip file also as we don't have size problems with the sav file for now.

Edit: Uploaded smaller picture.

Attachments

• iroquois.jpg
    iroquois.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 198
The white marks in the picture are potential city locations.

Here's the game.

In Despotism, there is no need for Irrigation on Grassland. Because the improvement gives nothing... every improvement that raises the start value over 2 is cut. So it's useless... the only time a value over 2 is allowed in despotism is when there is a cow or a wheat on grassland.

Just a Tip...

Originally posted by Grey Fox
In Despotism, there is no need for Irrigation on Grassland. Because the improvement gives nothing... every improvement that raises the start value over 2 is cut. So it's useless... the only time a value over 2 is allowed in despotism is when there is a cow or a wheat on grassland.

Just a Tip...
So here's my tip. I learned this in my last succession game. Bonus tiles are not included within grassland restrictions. Besides that, the Wheat tiles, which I'm referring to in my log, are not grassland tiles. They are food plain tiles and don't stay within the restrictions either.

Those irrigations should be used in our capital and our production settler city as they need to grow fast.

Hope that cleared things up a little. :goodjob:

Edit: Misspelling

Thanks Pggar! I didn't know that... can you irrigate cows too?

If this is true, then the wheat town should become good despot rush city.

Edit: Why are the mountains colored grey on the picture?Where can I get that modpack?

I believe any bonus tile can be irrigated. I'm quite sure about cows. They are the best spot because when irrigated they give 4 food and 1 production.

Top Bottom