New Succession Game

Ok. But do you get the bonus in despotism. (The bonus from irrigation, that is)

Yes, you get the bonus in despotism. You can check the game. I irrigated a wheat tile in Salamanca.

About modpacks:
As I only use graphic ones (so far I edit my rules when I want to), I can give you some advice about them. This modpacks make the game more enjoyable to look.

Graphic modpacks you must get:
-Evanciv's Population Heads with Tiny Mood Badges
-Il mafioso's Improved Wonder pics
-Sn00py's Terrain Graphics Modpack

You could get one of this mods that gives you info in the build queue. I don't use them since it cluster the city view a little (my opinion):
-Il Mafioso's Civ3 Usability Pack 1.0
-Nemo's build queue with easy to understand info

I also use my modpack that puts labels on resources to make them easier to locate. The link is in my signature.

Hmm, i had never considered putting science at 100% in early game at monarch or higher. what i always do is try to get gold to trade for techs since i assume i am going to fall behind anyways. i dunno, does 100% science work?

and i think we should definitely take the english out, as thereafter we will have a nice central continental capital which probably won't need moving, as well as having a relative bottleneck connecting us to the other civs on our continents..

anyhow, i also haven';t been able to contact my friend, so Grey Fox, why don't you go ahead and take his turn, and then Silverblade, and my friend will be at the end, so it will be like this:

me
Pggar
Grey Fox
Silverblade
my friend

gl

Ok, I'll start playing immediately...

But my mouse isn't working so I have to use my touch board on my laptop...

Edit: It's a good idea to research on 10% for the first 5-10 turns, at least in the ancient era, and then increase it to 100%, you'll get the tech almost as fast as if you would have had the research at 100% the hole time...

Good Mod-tips by the way

1: 2110 BC ---

2: 2070 BC A warrior sees some yellow lines in the Southwest.

4: 1990 BC The Warrior sees som green lines next to the Yellow lines.

5: 1950 BC Our Sages discover The Wheel. Their are horses to our west and east of the english territory.

6: 1910 BC We trade Alphabet for Iron Working and 41 Gold with the Russians. The Green people was the Aztecs. Salamanca is built on Iron.

7: 1870 BC

8: 1830 BC Allegheny is built, North of Salamanca.

9: 1790 BC Worker built in Grand River.

10: 1750 BC --- 1650 BC

15: 1625 BC Traded Writing for 86 Gold by the English.

16: 1600 BC Our only source of Iron is exhousted. There is a new source East of our territory.

17: 1575 BC ---

18: 1550 BC A barbarian horseman pillaged Grand River. Some of the People were lost.

19: 1525 BC The town of Cattaraugus is built near a horse. Temple is built in the capital. The Building of pyramids are started.

20: 1500 BC The cultural influence of Salamanca increases, bringing furs to our people. We got 25 gold when razing a barbarian village.

EDIT: A war against the english is a must... but we might want to wait for us to get Horses... so that we can build Mounted warriors.

1450 - Keep building terrain improvements

1375 - Same as above

1350 - People loves me palace improvement

1325 - Egyptian contact, they offer contact with the persians for 10 golds, we take it, the egypts have four cities.

1300 - Start building roads to the horse

1275 -

1250 -

1225 - Contact Persia for 1 gold we get math

1200 - Settler constructed, heads out for new ground to expand

1175 - Attacks a barbarian camp and gets 25 golds

1150 - Founds a city Oil Spring

Not much happend this playround.

Alright, then it is my turn.. i will post by sometime tonite EST.

the order of turns is as what was most recently posted...

shouild we expand a little more, or go after england right hwne we get the horses?

I think Silveblade built a road to bring horses to every City. So you should be able to build the Mounted Warriors immediately...

Remember that if you Despot Rush in one town... it's wise to Rebuild that town when all wars are over. We don't wan't any sad civs, do we?

1. 1125 BC - Workers building roads...

2. 1100 BC - Settler Built - changed production to MW

3. 1075 BC - not much happened

4. 1050 BC - not much happened

5. 1025 BC - Worker Built production switched ot MW

6. 1000 BC - SEttler sees barb comp, waiting for SM

7. 975 BC - Settler Built switched prod to MW

8. 950 BC - Not much happened

9. 925 BC- Same stuff

10. 900 BC - first MW built - discover location of russians - start building road to Furs

11. 875 BC - raided barb comp.

12. 850 BC - Tonawanda built, will have whale and fish when it expands, until then it is crap but will be good in late game, we lose

explorer to barbs.

13. 825 BC - Found Mauch Chunk at iron site 1. 1 other mountain city ought to be built where there are 3 gems. Hmm, at then end of

this turn the Russians demand Terr Map and 17 gold, i refuse, they declared war.

14. 800 BC - I establish and embassy with Russian neighbours the Aztecs, They give me Twenty gold, and they accept an alliance

versus the Russians, the Aztecs are now Gracious towards us. For 80 Gold and our World Map, the English give us Code of Laws and

contact with the Chinese. I trade Code of Laws to the chinese for Map Making. Ppl want more money than i want to trade for Polytheism,

and i think we'll get many tech off the english soon enough, i am waiting for at least 5 MW before i attack them.

15. 775 BC- nothing much happened. barbs attacked Cattaragus, got defeated and ppl decided to add to my palace

16. 750 BC - Egypt allies with English vs Aztecs. English forces should be gone from the homeland soon, hehe. Workers moved to

near Salamanca as it is a size 7 city, to develop the plains/grasslands.

17. 730 BC - Our wandering warrior in russian territory is mowed down by russian archers, a barb cut off horse supply, we have 4 MW's

and a SW, i am building spearmen, and barracks

18. 710 BC - one MW sent to protect our further away cities. Ahhh, the Russians build the Pyramids 20 turns before we can.

Production switched to Oracle (8 Turns)

19. 690 BC - ACK French built the Oracle, dunno what to do with teh production. Persians allie with English vs the Aztecs, looks like

they will be falling soon.

20. 670 BC - ACK ACK, prod autoswitched to Courthouse (nothing else i could put it on) we would have gotten construction in 1 turn

for GW. Moved units close to a hill near Nottingham for attack by my successor.

I think we ought to make peace with the Russians soon.

gl Pggar.

A city should be built where the Green dot is...

AND PLEASE, DO NOT USE A RIGHT OF PASSAGE DEAL WHEN FIGHTING AGAINST THE ENGLISH. THAT WILL MAKE IT EXTREMLY HARD TO GET IT FROM ANOTHER CIV

630bc - Construction researched.
530bc - Oil Springs, Allegeny and Grand River built Temples.
510bc - Finished researching Philosophy. Closed a peace deal with Russia. They got tmap and 85gold while we got Polytheism and Literature. They went from Furious to Polite.
430bc - Declared war on English (as they keep getting into our territory). Destroyed their road to horses. Killed 3 horsemen, 2 warriors and 1 spearman (captured 2 workers). Our Golden Age has started.
410bc - Killed 2 warrior and 1 archer. Lost a Mounted warrior.
350bc - Horseman killed trying to kill one swordsman in a hill. Archer attracted by the same unit. Nottinghan isn't guarded now. Nottinghan (size 1) was destroyed, 2 spearman were killed and 2 workers were captured.
330bc - Killed an archer.
310bc - Horseman killed trying to ambush a mounted warrior.
290bc - 2 spearman killed in York.
270bc - York was captured. St. Regis was founded.
250bc - Discovered Currency. We're the first holders of it. Be careful when trading it, since Russians and Chinese are scientific and they'll get ahead of us because of the free tech. However, they're willing to gives us some gold, money and monarchy. Since we don't have anarchy and we're still on our Golden Age, it might be a good idea to change the government. I'll leave the advance choice to the next player. I think Republic might be good.

The settler being finished in Salamanca should go to the gem spot we're discussing since this game begun.
Our military is average, but it is growing. The English army is pathetic. You should finish them. They're willing to give only Canterbury in exchange for peace. That's not a good trade off.
The picture shows the places where I was going to build cities. Be careful because there's a horde of barbarians in that spot. The fortified spearman killed about 7 horsemen already. Get rid of them an secure some silk sources.

Good Luck GF.

Attachments

• iroquois2.jpg
    iroquois2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 117
If we are going to keep Waring... if we should change it, we should change it to Monarchy... but then we can't despot rush!

Hey Grey Fox, in case my previous message wasn't clear, i think this is the order we will be following from now on:

asaegyn
Pggar
Grey Fox
Silverblade
Hennessey

So, it would thus be your turn :).

And i think we should take one more english city, get two cities from them, and then wait a little bit, and hopefully we can harvest them for techs or something like... or not?

And in general, i didn't know this, why is monarchy better than despotism for warring?
gl:king: :confused:

Originally posted by asaegyn
How does one attach an image without hosting it on another site (Pggar)...
The same way you attach a zip file. The problems are that you can only attach one picture (or file for that matter) per post (that's why I attach the saved game and the pic in different posts) and that your picture have to be within the 500k limit size of attachments.
Try to post jpg files as they are smaller and unlike bmp files the picture is shown in the post.

Oh It's my turn!? Then I'll post the save In a couple of hours, I'm going to to my Math class, then I have Object Programming (Java)... Me and a Freind is making a game of the anime FLCL as a projekt, if you know what that is...

Okey I'll download in about 10 Hours Max

EDIT: No, Monarchy is better then Republic for Waring... someone suggested that we would switch to republic or something...

Hey Grey Fox, 48 hours have passed, and there has been no post :cry:

So Silverblade you are up.
gl

Top Bottom