1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New team colours!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Rhye, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Sloth_MD

Sloth_MD Chieftain

Too busy working to really do much with it until a couple hours late last night. Your previews look great, and using my calculations would mainly just help clean up the minor speckling that you're getting on the transitions. Those Iroquois look astoninshingly good in Papal colors, btw.

2. CyberTyrant

CyberTyrant Formerly known as low

Here are the files. One is for those who use v1.15 and the other is for v1.22. I have included a ReadMe for both as well.

Just unzip into your root Civ 3 directory.

3. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

A program? I want it! Please post it!
    How did you find all that info :eek:

4. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

to low:
    they seem good, except maybe the white-red. I hope the program may make it look better.

5. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

6. CyberTyrant

Rhye, thanks for the link. :cool:

Sloth, yeah, give us the program.

Just when I thought I might be done with all of this...

7. Sloth_MD

Sloth_MD Chieftain

I'll try to post tomorrow, I'm tweaking it a little bit to handle the 5-color transformations - and don't get too excited, the extra two colors are mainly to give better control over the brightness range of the main band, though I am going to test it out with contrasting colors just to see what comes out of it. As for the info, well, I went through the default palette files by hand, loaded their values into a database, and ran some analysis to find out what relations the values had to each other.

8. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

My compliments, Sloth.

Why don't you leave the 5-colours thing and instead include an option to make a SHINY colour for each RGB combination you want (1 colour only)? In the first page I've posted an example, and they really look good.

9. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

Low, that flags aren't historical but only what we could imagine as flags for those civs if they had one.
    As you see Egyptian is yellow: everything in Egypt is yellow, except the Nile!! :)

10. CyberTyrant

Yep, I noticed that. Either way I like these flags/colors more.

11. Sloth_MD

Sloth_MD Chieftain

That'll be in version 2, along with a camo option. Don't knock the 5-color thing - it's very useful for setting the brightness range - letting you, for example, start from a darker hue on the left or not go quite as dark on the right. Also, there's some interesting possibilities, like fading both sides to white for a brighter unit, or merging the sides toward the third color for a patterned tri-color look. Anyway, here it is, with, hopefully, the only DLL needed. Lemme know if anything comes out weird - I've had limited time to run through all the testing I'd prefer, so something somewhere may need a little tweak. If it refuses to run, I probably missed a dll, so let me know, and I'll try to figure out which one it is.

Operation: The five clustered color boxes one the right side just above the text box are your control colors. The one on the upper left is the left bound of the main band, upper right is the right bound of the main band, the two upper middle boxes are the primary and secondary colors, and the lower box is the tertiary or main city band color. Left clicking any of these lets you pick a color and immediately updates the display, right clicking defaults the color for that box and updates the display. Default colors: Left bound is white; Right bound is black; Primary color is grey; Secondary color is three steps from Primary to right bound; Tertiary color is same as index 8 - 1/3 step between primary and secondary. So, to set a single color transformation quickly, left-click on the primary box, pick a color, then right click on the secondary and tertiary boxes to set the default offsets.

*EDIT*

Non-working attachment removed, http link further in thread.

12. Civrules

Civrules We the People

Humm...Sounds good but I can't open the program.
    "Cannot locate the Microsoft Visual FoxPro support library."

13. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

14. Sloth_MD

Sloth_MD Chieftain

Well, damn. Umm, the missing file is vfp6.dll, but it's just barely too big for me to upload. I can set up an offsite spot to pull it from, but not until Monday.

15. Sloth_MD

Sloth_MD Chieftain

Oh, and just to make the delay more bearable... I'm adding loading and saving routines so that it will automatically load in existing palettes, and save out your changes, so you don't have to keep doing it by hand. I found a good spec for the format, and this looks wicked easy to do. Low, this should make any further changes you do a matter of minutes instead of hours. Heh, this little project has seriously sidetracked me from my main modding project, but looks like it'll pay off in a big way.

16. Mobilize

Mobilize Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Oooh.. very brilliant idea Rhye and the rest of you.. I like very much.

Shouldn't the Iroquois be white/blue.. their flag is blue with white squares and a leaf.

Well I got all the colors I like figured out.. Now for civs that I added to my game.

Austria - Yellow/Black
    Cherokee - Red/Black
    Ethiopia - Yellow/Green
    Khmer - ??????
    Songhai - ??????

17. CyberTyrant

Sounds good. I can't wait to try it out.

18. Sloth_MD

Sloth_MD Chieftain

M'kay - set up a quick and dirty download page at geocities - http://www.geocities.com/diplosloth/classic_blue.html. It's pretty much the only thing on that page, so it shouldn't be hard to find. Unzip, drop the dlls into the system32 folder and register them, and you should be good to go. You might even be able to get away with just leaving them in the same directory as the executable.

19. Pounder

Pounder Phaethon was here

20. Civrules

Civrules We the People

Don't yet know how to use it (although it works now), so I guess I'll just get the others, along with any updates that might come in the future. :)