New Unit: Celtic Warrior (June 1, 2005)

I like attack and fortify. Will have to find a place for this. Thanks, utah.

Flat-out gorgeous, utah! Past that, I'm speechless.

Awesome unit, not sure if I can use it, but I'll sure try. :hatsoff:

Another nice, useful unit... not quite sure how I'll fit it into the main game mod though.... hmmm... I think that the Celts have an opening in the Medieval Infantry slot.

Dom Pedro II said:
Another nice, useful unit... not quite sure how I'll fit it into the main game mod though.... hmmm... I think that the Celts have an opening in the Medieval Infantry slot.

HE LIVES! HE LIVES!

*takes picture to submit to tabloids*

mrkingkong said:
In my opinion, much better than the firaxis version (sorry to the original unit maker of course! :) )
They used the Osprey Book – Armies of the Punic Wars for inspiration. The Gallic Swordsman is a replica from one of the illustrations, alas they replaced his large shield with the odd little one. It’s the same with the Libyan Mercenary, they changed his shield to the current Samnite one.

:geek:

Cimbri said:
They used the Osprey Book – Armies of the Punic Wars for inspiration. The Gallic Swordsman is a replica from one of the illustrations, alas they replaced his large shield with the odd little one. It’s the same with the Libyan Mercenary, they changed his shield to the current Samnite one.

:geek:

Hmm . . . those Osprey books must be pretty good. Didn't you post a few pictures from the yourself, a Sarmation Horseman maybe? I've never seen them before, but maybe I need to check them out.

The osprey books are ok to provide a general view but sometimes the images are not as scientific as the text itself. ;-)

utahjazz7 said:
Hmm . . . those Osprey books must be pretty good. Didn't you post a few pictures from the yourself, a Sarmation Horseman maybe? I've never seen them before, but maybe I need to check them out.
Yup. That picture I posted with the ‘Oscan Companion’ is from the Armies of the Punic Wars mentioned above. The white shield with the red star, which the Samnite warrior carries, is what they gave to the Libyan Mercenary unit.

The Sarmatian Horseman is also from an Osprey book. They're pretty neat. :)

[give it to France(Gallic Swordsman)]
Dont be sick. Download Robert the Bruce Leader head with cities leaders and civ entry
and create the glorious Scots

Top Bottom