New Unit: Detective March 20, 2012

Erm, for the benefit of those of us who have super-slow internet connections, would someone mind posting the actual titles of the songs? I know for me, I immediately thought of "Searchin'" by the Coasters....

Perfect all around - look and animations!

As Plotinus mentioned, the hat flipping onto the back is nice.

Really great! :goodjob::)

:deadhorse: I picked "Harlem Nocturne" because it's the Mike Hammer Theme, or at least has been since the 80's. Peter Gunn is also acceptable, I guess; he had a hat.

But 'Private Eyes', 'Secret Agent' and even 'The Bishop' (obviously based on 'The Saint') belong to a more modern unit.

If you want a real private eye theme, it has to be sultry, like the "Guy Noir Theme", which, but for its relative obscurity, would have been my first pick.

I just posted "The Bishop" because the Peter Gunn theme kicks in at 2:40. :p

the hat actually made me think of a 1940's snake fearing, whip carrying archaeologist :lol:
A fedora is iconically noir.

Professor Jones wearing one was suggestive of the gray area of his extramural activities. It's also what auteurs call an homage. The kudos equivalent of an inside joke. A tip of the hat to predecessors & influences - like Charlton Heston.

Balthasar's right that Harlem Nocturne evokes noir like few other pieces. It's perfect for scenes such as when the PI sends the woman he loves to the electric chair. The Peter Gunn Theme is reminiscent of the same guy on the prowl about to catch up to his nemesis. So you've got cues for the victory & run animations. :p

This needs a trenchcoat lady unit. Ingrid in Casablanca would be a good basis.

This might make a really convincing Fox Mulder. If I ever can get enough free-time together, I might just have to make an X-Files scenario.

Top Bottom