1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Unit: High-End Mech 09/05/04

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by A Viking Yeti, Sep 5, 2004.

1. A Viking Yeti

A Viking Yeti Carnal Leviathan

This is the light-weight, high-end AC from Armored Core 2: Another Age. I'm fairly happy with the animations, but the shadows are a bit dark. Also, it is unfortunately without sounds :(. Can someone please make some sounds for this guy, it would be very helpful. I'm just looking for the basic mech sounds, mechanical and such. I would use others, but I haven't found any that sync up with 'em properly.

The unit file is a freakish 1.88 mbs, without sound :eek:... I did have some long animations though.

Anyway, the preview is posted below. It goes AttackA->AttackB->AttackC...

UPDATED: I fixed the AttackA .flc, but I figured it'd be easier to just post that and the newer .ini as a seperate file. So, to update the unit, unzip the download, cut&paste the contents in the same folder, and say "Yes" when it prompts you to overwrite. Update attached below.

High-End Mech
    Vuldacon's temp .pcx's Thanks again :D.

Attached Files:

2. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

Looks awesome!! Btw, it's 09/05... ;)

3. utahjazz7

utahjazz7 Deity

Super. That's probably the best such unit I've seen.

4. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

Agreed... my ONLY complaint is the shadow and even that is not really offensive to the eye.

5. citizen001

citizen001 Banned

This thing is .M. .A. .D. mutually assured destruction: only one thing, it's too stationary. a bit more movement would make it even better.

6. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

:eek: :eek: Now thats fantastic...

Well, Kinboat made a mecha unit...I think that has sounds. You could also recycle tank and missile sounds for the attacks as another option.

Good work Yeti!

If you take requests, Mobilize and I have some, I'm sure Mobilize knows what I'm talking about...

7. A Viking Yeti

Wow, thanks for all the comments :D. I actually rendered the shadows lighter, but apparently they were closer to the dark shadow color.

TO SOG: I have death and attackA, but I think I'll look into that. Thanks. About the requests, I still have to do the Lycon Cataphract, a number of other lycon units, and then I'd be completely free. I'm also making some units for a space mod I might do. Long story short, I'll take some requests, but I'll have to work on them in between the others (that's what I did with this one :) ).

8. Sword_Of_Geddon

Thankyou Yeti...Mobilize and I could really use some help with the Gundam Mod(A FAR-away goal), noone else wants to make the units.

I think the only orginal sound that this unit really needs is a mech walk sound(Stomp...Stomp...Stomp)

9. nameless53

nameless53 Prince

HOLY SNIZZZZLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....now i have to reconfigure my tech tree again..

10. Mr. Will

Mr. Will Mister

Awesome. The shadow isn't that bad, I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't have pointed it out.
    Great work!

11. Stonebear

Stonebear Chieftain

Being an Armored Core fan I have to say nice work, although the hips/legs seem a bit wider.

12. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

Wow. This is indeed quite good. :wow:

13. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Looks Excellent A Viking Yeti :goodjob: Great Attacks!
    I noticed that you did not have pcx files so I made a CIV Specific units_32.pcx and the Large and Small .pcx file for you. Best I could do from the Default animation file but hope these will work for you until you can render some better Large and Small .pcx files.

...here is the Zip:

Attached Files:

14. A Viking Yeti

TO SOG: I can't seem to find any good explosion sounds that would sync up with the rifle or chest cannons... Aside from those (which can be substituted until I can get my hands on some better ones), the walk is probably the only one that does, as you said. I'll probably post an updated .ini with some linked sounds for now.

If it's so far away that that a dash and capitalization are necessary, then yeah, I'll have plenty of time (probably :p). Plus, I love doing Mech units... Only done two so far, but they are much easier to model, and I like the way they look.

TO Stonebear: Yeah, I thought about that half way through the animations, but decidedit would be too much work to redo, and no one except AA2 fans would notice (I barely notice :D).

15. A Viking Yeti

TO Vuldacon: Oh yeah, I forgot all about those :rolleyes:. I'll put those up, until I render some myself. Thanks a lot, I never would've noticed :).

16. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

17. A Viking Yeti

18. Sword_Of_Geddon

They looked like bullets to me Vuldacon, but only Yeti knows for certain.

19. Dease

Dease Be Original

Now that is excellent! :goodjob:

BTW, what method did you use for the muzzle flashes?

20. A Viking Yeti

I just used a flat, jagged model, crossed it at a 90 degree angle, gave it luminous, and added the glow effect to 'em in the animator. They're sinlge frame flashes (I would think 2 or more would be too long)... In fact, all the attack flashes use the exact same model in the same position too, I just resized 'em. Talk about lazy, huh? :D