New units for Colonization

Hi Folks,

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Please find attached the following unit as my Christmas present:

The Governor

The model ist also part of our latest version of RaR, Release 2.2.

Regards

Schmiddie

Attachments

• Governor.zip
    399.4 KB · Views: 253
  • govenor.jpg
    govenor.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 857
I have a problem with using your Seventy-Four Ship of the line with Civilization4.

When I use it, I have to remove the skin partition to avoid the game to crash. But when I do so, the whole ship is painted in team color, which is okay for some colours, but for the most ones it is really ugly. Do you know how to solve this problem? I had the same problem for several ships, but not for all, and I could not fid the reason till now.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot1083.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1083.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 841
I have noticed some days ago when I started a new game that the unit has a mistake - however, I could not find the problem so far.

I will post here as far as I get it.

That would be great, as this problem also occurs with some Civ4 units (also the original ship-of-the-line).

Download has been updated.

However, there was - maybe - only a little problem with the animation. This should work correctly now.

@ Kathy

Sorry, but I cannot help you in this regard. Due to the fact that I never play or mod civilisation I don't know how to solve this issue. I assume it has something to do with the shader. :dunno: But this should be a general issue with civ:col units in civilisation.

Most colonization units can be used in Civilization, after removing the skin partition. But some ships (even from original civilization or made from users for civilization) have this strange behavior. The Caravel you imported from Civ5, for example, is working very well, but I could not find what is different.
Never mind, I will us a Frigate reskin for this ussue, event if it is not so pretty looking as your ship of the line.

I asked orlanth to take a look at this thread. He made textures for terrain for both BTS and colo. I read something about this problem at some point and I think orlanth wrote about it, but I'm not quite sure. We will see what he says when he shows up.

If he can't, then it will be a matter of searching the forum. Hopefully somewhere in the vast history of the forum, somebody actually posted the answer and a working solution.

Hallo Kathy :king:

The best tutorial for getting Civ4 units into Civ4Col is Deliverator's here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=317419. (This includes tips on how to resolve the "team color" problem, I'm not sure if this will help importing the reverse direction from Civ4Col to Civ4, but it's worth a try.) :)

In case that doesn't solve it, the other common problem I have found with textures is that the Civ4 NIF contains some references to DDS textures that are present in the Art/Shared folder of the game you are importing from, but these DDS files are absent from the game you import to. (of course that issue can be solved by opening the NIF in nifskope to look through what DDS textures are listed in the NIF file, then finding the missing DDS file and copying it to your unit folder when importing.) Hope this helps & happy modding! :scan::borg:

Thank you for the great tip, Orlanth! The tutorial included the solution of the teamcolor problem!

Hi Folks,

after a long time of absence I have made three new models.

They can - for example - used as "marauders" oder "bandits" which are lurking around the colonies... :D

Hope you like it. Feel free to use it in your mod!

Attachments

• Marauder.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 237
  • Marauder.jpg
    Marauder.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 771
Hi Folks,

today I'd like to show one of my units I built for myself:

This is possible with Blender, Nifskope and Milkshape,.. great opportunities for new units if someone has some time to do it. However, obviously no possibility for publishing it.

Attachments

• Hessian.jpg
    Hessian.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 675
(...)
It is based on the "ship of the line" model of Civ 5 and uses the "man_o_war" animation of colonization:
(...)

I've added this ship to Civ Col, but am having a problem where if I move the ship the game crashes...
Your 74SoL is working fine though.

The unit works fine if I change to a different model/ArtDefineTag, so the issue has to be in CIV4ArtDefines_Units.xml, but the 74SoL is using the same code except for fScale (and nif/kfm), so I don't really know what to do about this problem... :/

Top Bottom