New Version - June 27th (6-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More balanced growth comes later - 2 pop cities need to grow, mate.
G

Couldn't agree more, but looking into it might be warranted.

Here is an example of the governor slowing down settler production.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Hmm good point. Settler is an exception and should be treated specially. Is there possibility to add "settler focus" or function for governor which values tiles mostly by their sum of :c5food: and :c5production:?

Couldn't agree more, but looking into it might be warranted.

Here is an example of the governor slowing down settler production.

That's possibly the least extreme example I've ever seen :D

My 10 pop city when building a settler with production-focus ignored all nearby hills including improved mines as well as the grand mesa (5 production) in order to work more marshes :D.

Also G, I'm perfectly aware that small cities needs to grow and it did somewhat sort itself out later, I was mostly saying that I found it weird that production-focus meant ignoring most production-tiles.

Is it intentional that the Shoshone no longer start with a pathfinder but a warrior? And they no longer can choose which gift they get from goody guts? If this is intentional I would have to revert back to the 9/21 version, as this kills the game for me (I obviously play as the Shoshone a lot).

Is it intentional that the Shoshone no longer start with a pathfinder but a warrior? And they no longer can choose which gift they get from goody guts? If this is intentional I would have to revert back to the 9/21 version, as this kills the game for me (I obviously play as the Shoshone a lot).

Nope. Sounds like a mod conflict (I played some as the shoshone last night and had a pathfinder at start). Changes like that will be in the patch notes.

G

I am using only CP and CBP. When I use only CP I start with a pathfinder. When I use CP and CBP I start with a warrior. _Every_ time on the 9-27 version. And yes, I cleared the cache.

As for the not being able to choose my goody hut reward I guess that's because I was starting with the warrior and they don't have the Native Tongue promotion. I loaded v. 9-21 and it is that way there as well. I guess I never noticed them not having that promotion because I was always starting with a pathfinder. So apparently this is not so much a problem as it was just I never noticed it before because I always started with a pathfinder and rarely built warriors for the Shoshone.

I am using only CP and CBP. When I use only CP I start with a pathfinder. When I use CP and CBP I start with a warrior. _Every_ time on the 9-27 version. And yes, I cleared the cache.

As for the not being able to choose my goody hut reward I guess that's because I was starting with the warrior and they don't have the Native Tongue promotion. I loaded v. 9-21 and it is that way there as well. I guess I never noticed them not having that promotion because I was always starting with a pathfinder. So apparently this is not so much a problem as it was just I never noticed it before because I always started with a pathfinder and rarely built warriors for the Shoshone.

I haven't modified that code for the Shoshone.
G

Overall I'm really liking the new version.

The AI keeps getting better, and I'm pretty sure the difficulty scaling has been adjusted, in a good way.

The Conscription policy bug is a bit of a nuisance. I have a ways to go before I reach corporations though I'm not exactly jumping in anticipation, I may skip it entirely if I'm scrambling to do other things as is often the case.

Also I'm not terribly fond of the Communitas map changes to the tropics latitudes. I switched the tileset back to Europe from Asia. The Asia jungles look really boring next to the lush, beautiful Europe jungle graphics. I recommend making a band above the tropics (subtropics) with the Africa tileset, and above that the America tileset, the map will look much nicer that way.

Overall I'm really liking the new version.

The AI keeps getting better, and I'm pretty sure the difficulty scaling has been adjusted, in a good way.

The Conscription policy bug is a bit of a nuisance. I have a ways to go before I reach corporations though I'm not exactly jumping in anticipation, I may skip it entirely if I'm scrambling to do other things as is often the case.

Also I'm not terribly fond of the Communitas map changes to the tropics latitudes. I switched the tileset back to Europe from Asia. The Asia jungles look really boring next to the lush, beautiful Europe jungle graphics. I recommend making a band above the tropics (subtropics) with the Africa tileset, and above that the America tileset, the map will look much nicer that way.

If you want to take point on the communitas map, go for it. I dabble, but I don't spend much time with it.

Also, Corporations aren't that big of a 'gameplay diversion,' and they can really help out any victory condition. I'd give em a shake.
G

I can confirm this. Starting with a warrior as Shoshone aswell.

It could be Really Advanced Setup that is causing the problem. Your player unit bonus settings override whatever you normally start with.

It could be Really Advanced Setup that is causing the problem. Your player unit bonus settings override whatever you normally start with.

So it is nothing to do with CBP, then? Like I said, there is no code in BNW (base code of game) that grants the shoshone a free pathfinder at game start.
G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom