New Version - June 28th (6-28)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I remember reading a while back that there is some disparity in difficulty levels, specially if you are using Advanced Setup. Whats the new baseline? Thanks for letting me know.

Having a blast with the latest game, but I can get whipped a lot more than I used to.

In my view at this stage, it makes sense to drop to Prince. If you win there, move up a level.

But this is very dependent on how you are as a player. Think you're better than that? Start at King.

Think this is ridiculous and you are amazing? By all means, start at Deity and drop as you lose.

Thanks for your answer, I am an Immortal player all the time, but since the past what 2-3 updates, I am either very unlucky or there is some runaway civ that just whips everybody pretty bad. I mean if you measure by the amount of cursing going on... hehe.

I catch myself too often saying "Where did, How did he.. How many f*** units are steaming down...."

Trying a new quick game on Prince now, just to see how good the AI has gotten. But I guess my question is, technically does the AI get any bonus on Prince with Advanced Setup?

Thanks for your answer, I am an Immortal player all the time, but since the past what 2-3 updates, I am either very unlucky or there is some runaway civ that just whips everybody pretty bad. I mean if you measure by the amount of cursing going on... hehe.

I catch myself too often saying "Where did, How did he.. How many f*** units are steaming down...."

Trying a new quick game on Prince now, just to see how good the AI has gotten. But I guess my question is, technically does the AI get any bonus on Prince with Advanced Setup?

Code:
			<AIWorkRateModifier>30</AIWorkRateModifier>
			<AIUnhappinessPercent>90</AIUnhappinessPercent>
			<AIGrowthPercent>90</AIGrowthPercent>
			<AITrainPercent>95</AITrainPercent>
			<AIWorldTrainPercent>95</AIWorldTrainPercent>
			<AIConstructPercent>95</AIConstructPercent>
			<AIWorldConstructPercent>100</AIWorldConstructPercent>
			<AICreatePercent>95</AICreatePercent>
			<AIWorldCreatePercent>100</AIWorldCreatePercent>
			<AIBuildingCostPercent>85</AIBuildingCostPercent>
			<AIUnitCostPercent>85</AIUnitCostPercent>
			<AIUnitSupplyPercent>15</AIUnitSupplyPercent>
			<AIUnitUpgradePercent>95</AIUnitUpgradePercent>
			<!--<AIInflationPercent>80</AIInflationPercent>-->
			<AIPerEraModifier>-6</AIPerEraModifier>
			[B]<AIAdvancedStartPercent>170</AIAdvancedStartPercent>[/B]
			<AIFreeXP>15</AIFreeXP>
			<DifficultyBonus>30</DifficultyBonus>
			<AIFreeXPPercent>33</AIFreeXPPercent>
yes, probably.

Code:
			<AIWorkRateModifier>30</AIWorkRateModifier>
			<AIUnhappinessPercent>90</AIUnhappinessPercent>
			<AIGrowthPercent>90</AIGrowthPercent>
			<AITrainPercent>95</AITrainPercent>
			<AIWorldTrainPercent>95</AIWorldTrainPercent>
			<AIConstructPercent>95</AIConstructPercent>
			<AIWorldConstructPercent>100</AIWorldConstructPercent>
			<AICreatePercent>95</AICreatePercent>
			<AIWorldCreatePercent>100</AIWorldCreatePercent>
			<AIBuildingCostPercent>85</AIBuildingCostPercent>
			<AIUnitCostPercent>85</AIUnitCostPercent>
			<AIUnitSupplyPercent>15</AIUnitSupplyPercent>
			<AIUnitUpgradePercent>95</AIUnitUpgradePercent>
			<!--<AIInflationPercent>80</AIInflationPercent>-->
			<AIPerEraModifier>-6</AIPerEraModifier>
			[B]<AIAdvancedStartPercent>170</AIAdvancedStartPercent>[/B]
			<AIFreeXP>15</AIFreeXP>
			<DifficultyBonus>30</DifficultyBonus>
			<AIFreeXPPercent>33</AIFreeXPPercent>
yes, probably.

Advanced Start isn't the AI bonus. Difficulty bonus is.

Glad to see this, because I have no intention of downgrading to Windows 10 anytime soon. Maybe in a few more months.

So whats the new baseline Gazebo? What difficulty level is no bonus for AI? Thanks.
Am using Advanced Setup (If that makes a difference at all).

No bonus = chieftain. Scales from there.

That certainly explains why it felt like King was quite a bit rougher than it was in base Civ V. I thought I was going easy on myself selecting that difficulty for my "get back in the groove" game!

The AI has leveled up in the last couple versions in a major way. I stream AI vs. AI games if you're interested in seeing what the AI is up to.

And there are still opportunities that seem reasonable to assist it's actions. This is the golden age for Civ 5 AI in my view, I've never seen anything like it.

The AI has leveled up in the last couple versions in a major way. I stream AI vs. AI games if you're interested in seeing what the AI is up to.

And there are still opportunities that seem reasonable to assist it's actions. This is the golden age for Civ 5 AI in my view, I've never seen anything like it.

I appreciate your input greatly – lately I've been so focused on fixing bugs that I've had AI improvements on the back-burner. Also, a fresh set of eyes is wonderful. Latest version has your most recent concerns under consideration, so see if they help.

G

Speaking of Great Prophet delta... is there a way to stop Great Prophets from automatically spawning? Trying to pile up faith for the industrial era only to have Great Prophets I don't need spawning in trove is... :crazyeye:

Speaking of Great Prophet delta... is there a way to stop Great Prophets from automatically spawning? Trying to pile up faith for the industrial era only to have Great Prophets I don't need spawning in trove is... :crazyeye:

Not before the Industrial Era, nope.

G

The mechanic exists for exact that reason :D

I think this entire ordeal have showed us just how much worse Win7 is compared to Win10.

Ay, Funak, you are sooo wrong at sooo many levels that I don't know where to even start...:rolleyes: , but I probably won't start, as Estebanium said. Not worth it. Just one piece of advice: read before you speak, man. Read the internet. There is enough info out there about the dilemma Seven/Ten for you to come up with a more informed opinion.

One thing I will say: this little scenario here with the latest VP crash is EXACTLY why Win10 is much worse than Win7. Little hint: Win10 takes away ALL control over what the OS does from the administrator, ALL of it. What you call "graceful" recovery, others (many others that refuse to migrate) call "reckless forgiveness". A BAD pointer is BAD code (in this case, it's harmful and expectable given G runs a two man show for a relatively big project); even in this case, I am pretty sure that the BAD pointer had some functionality consequences; Win10 didn't get to see them directly because of "graceful recovery", and Win7 didn't get to see it because it considers it plain unacceptable. If this were a sensitive financial piece of software that is helping your retirement fund manager optimize YOUR lifetime savings, would you prefer the software to crash in the face of the fund manager, or for it to "gracefully recover" while hiding the likely disastrous effects of the BAD pointer/code within the program????

Yeah, I thought so.

Read man, it's not harmful. Read.

Ay, Funak, you are sooo wrong at sooo many levels that I don't know where to even start...:rolleyes: , but I probably won't start, as Estebanium said. Not worth it. Just one piece of advice: read before you speak, man. Read the internet. There is enough info out there about the dilemma Seven/Ten for you to come up with a more informed opinion.

One thing I will say: this little scenario here with the latest VP crash is EXACTLY why Win10 is much worse than Win7. Little hint: Win10 takes away ALL control over what the OS does from the administrator, ALL of it. What you call "graceful" recovery, others (many others that refuse to migrate) call "reckless forgiveness". A BAD pointer is BAD code (in this case, it's harmful and expectable given G runs a two man show for a relatively big project); even in this case, I am pretty sure that the BAD pointer had some functionality consequences; Win10 didn't get to see them directly because of "graceful recovery", and Win7 didn't get to see it because it considers it plain unacceptable. If this were a sensitive financial piece of software that is helping your retirement fund manager optimize YOUR lifetime savings, would you prefer the software to crash in the face of the fund manager, or for it to "gracefully recover" while hiding the likely disastrous effects of the BAD pointer/code within the program????

Yeah, I thought so.

Read man, it's not harmful. Read.

I can't hear you over the sound of my non-crashing win10 :D

Well, I experience a CTD crash with this version (I'm on W10), it always occur at the same time, at the end of my turn, when it's come to French AI gestion.
There is a way to know where it comes from?

I use full Vox populi(+EUI), + some minor addon such as City banner, Quick turn, fast air craft or info addict
I'm also on a YnAEMP map

I just fired up a vanilla VP game with the latest bits and I'm not seeing City banners or able to select my founded city, too. This was from a clean install, clean cache, etc. Seems to be a similar error related to the Unit Panel that I didn't experience firsthand.

Recorded errors in the LUA log:

Spoiler :
[548534.703] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Greg\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA\CityBannerManager.lua:971: attempt to index field 'CityIsPuppet' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
C:\Users\Greg\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA\CityBannerManager.lua:971: in function <C:\Users\Greg\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA\CityBannerManager.lua:920>
[548535.437] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Greg\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA\UnitPanel.lua:370: attempt to index field 'CityIsCapital' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
C:\Users\Greg\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA\UnitPanel.lua:370: in function 'updateItem'
C:\Users\Greg\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA\UnitPanel.lua:296: in function 'Update'
C:\Users\Greg\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA\UnitPanel.lua:1960: in function <C:\Users\Greg\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA\UnitPanel.lua:1886>

Is anyone seeing the city banners, access to/targeting of cities function correctly?

Hopefully this helps.

So am not crazy or really unlucky, am not alone noticing AI has pretty crazy difference in last few versions, I doubt I can go Immortal all the time again or the rage might get real in some games... :mad:

Good job guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom