Newbie need help w/ RFC RAND religion speed and stability

tony92def

Chieftain
Hi, I'm a player of Rhye's and Fall of civilization -RAND. but I find Islam spread way too slow in it. Also the classical civs survive way longer than they should and dominates the game.

So can any1 help this newbie to increase the Islam spread speed by modding it?

Also how to decrease certain civ's like Greece's stability even more after the Classical Age?

Moderator Action: Moved to the RFC rand forum.

Hi, I'm a player of Rhye's and Fall of civilization -RAND. but I find Islam spread way too slow in it. Also the classical civs survive way longer than they should and dominates the game.

So can any1 help this newbie to increase the Islam spread speed by modding it?

Also how to decrease certain civ's like Greece's stability even more after the Classical Age?

I completely agree. Too often do I see Modern age Greece in the 1500s. Classical civs definately need to be nerfed.

Usually I dont see many problems with the spread of Islam however on some occasions both Christianity and Islam are relegated to 3-4 cities each because Buddhism and/or confucianism have taken over Europe and Asia.

Unfortunately, it is very unlikely that anything will change as this mod is no longer being developed.

I originally posted this in modding forum. Was hoping to learn if I can mod this myself.

I usually play on large (the middle 1) map, to ease the wait time. Do you think playing on huge (biggest possible, and the standard size in RFC), will help make the religion spread more realistic?

Well you could give them more initial missionaries in the XML-files. It's in the following place: XML/Gameinfo/Civ4religioninfo, the line is "iFreeUnits" and you change the number from 0 to how many missionaries you want. You can also alter the "iSpreadfactor" nerf it for early religions and boost it for later ones.

Top Bottom