1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News: 6otM 01: Announcement - Civ6 Game 01

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Oct 31, 2016.

1. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

yeah but knowing you, 100 turns is more than enough to play and win a full game ;)

2. Mahatmajon

Mahatmajon Prince

Hooray GoTM! Maybe I"ll actually get around to finishing some of these in 6.

I know I've been too hesitant to chop things early, but I tend to look for early production and even more so as I know Rome wants to get cities out and trample people with the UU. I'm moving the warrior NE and debating between the Settler following NE or going SE. Have to check the save to see if anything in view is a hill.

3. RedAndWhiteArmy

RedAndWhiteArmy Chieftain

Hi, im having the same problem it seems as a couple of others in here, the save file does not open when downloaded, its not in the civ vi saves folder, and my laptop cannot seem to find a program to start it? i use windows 10 and got game on steam d/l.

can someone help or maybe post another save file for this game, id like to do these from the first one, most appreciated.

4. BlackViking

BlackViking Chieftain

Hi,

This seems like a great idea, I'm going to give it a go. I'm not the greatest Civ player (even though I've played every one since II), so this seems like a great way to improve. I haven't even won a game in 6 yet, still figuring things out and restarting, and that's just on Prince, so I assume this will be a challenge for me. Looking forward to it everyone!

5. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

When you download the save, you need to save it to the Civ6 Save folder. On my computer, it is:
    D:\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\Single

The game will not find the file unless it is in that folder, as far as I know.

edit - Browd is correct, changed the location above to reflect his information. Apologies.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  6. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

The save file needs to be in the saves\single subfolder for Load Game to see it.

7. budweiser

budweiser King of the Beers

When is the next game?

8. leif erikson

9. Heregrim

Heregrim Chieftain

Just found and joined this group after reading an article for a Graduate class. Long time Civ player and looking forward to these challenges.

10. mateusz

mateusz Chieftain

looking forward to test this save. never played with rome before (including civ 5 with +2000 hours on the clock)

11. leif erikson

12. Ribannah

Ribannah Fighter Druid

Sadly I can't continue playing (I got to turn 100) because Steam got corrupted on my laptop. Since some files remained I can't re-install it, as the installation demands an empty folder. My library of games that I own is gone as well.

13. Monthar

Monthar Emperor

You should be able to delete all the steam files except the .exe and the folder(s) where your games are installed, then run the steam.exe and it should correct the problem.

14. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Chieftain

Cool!
    I started lurking this forum before the release of CIV VI and saw these threads for V and thought it looked fun, so I am gonna try joining from the start now with VI.

My very first VI game was actually a science victory with Trajan on King (huge Pangea map with all the leaders). Thus I feel fairly certain that I will be able to win this game, but my personal goal for the game will be to try to unlock the achievements "Flight Slingulator" and "Missed That Day In History Class"

15. Ribannah

Ribannah Fighter Druid

I should be able to delete them, since I am supposed to have administrator rights, but I can't.

16. Monthar

Monthar Emperor

Have you tried booting in safe mode?

17. Ribannah

Ribannah Fighter Druid

Yes, took me some time to find how to enter it in Windows 10. In safe mode I was indeed able to delete the files. So I'm playing again :)

Monthar likes this.
  18. A+ombomb

A+ombomb Actuary

Is it possible for future gotm, we exclude the use of stealing settlers early (AI exploiting)? It might be fixed in the patch, but just curious. It really ruins the game outcome, by the overwhelming power of stealing settlers early. It feels roughly like automatically getting 100% settlers from goody huts on exploitation level.

19. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

I found out how to disable the Aztec dlc without manually removing it.
    This line
    Code:
    <ShowInBrowser>AlwaysHidden</ShowInBrowser>
    in the aztec dlc is responsible for making it hidden. If you comment it out, it will show in additional content as any user mod and you can then just uncheck it when you want to create a game without it, then check it back when you want to use it.

20. albinsix

albinsix Chieftain

sorry for the newby question but how we can submit the C-VI GOTM01 ? thanks