News: 6otM 01: Announcement - Civ6 Game 01

Sadly its not guaranteed ill bother before deity becomes interesting to play. There are a lot of tips to talk about though so it may be interesting to comment 100 turns at the least.
yeah but knowing you, 100 turns is more than enough to play and win a full game ;)

Hooray GoTM! Maybe I"ll actually get around to finishing some of these in 6.

I know I've been too hesitant to chop things early, but I tend to look for early production and even more so as I know Rome wants to get cities out and trample people with the UU. I'm moving the warrior NE and debating between the Settler following NE or going SE. Have to check the save to see if anything in view is a hill.

Hi, im having the same problem it seems as a couple of others in here, the save file does not open when downloaded, its not in the civ vi saves folder, and my laptop cannot seem to find a program to start it? i use windows 10 and got game on steam d/l.

can someone help or maybe post another save file for this game, id like to do these from the first one, most appreciated.

Hi,

This seems like a great idea, I'm going to give it a go. I'm not the greatest Civ player (even though I've played every one since II), so this seems like a great way to improve. I haven't even won a game in 6 yet, still figuring things out and restarting, and that's just on Prince, so I assume this will be a challenge for me. Looking forward to it everyone!

Hi, im having the same problem it seems as a couple of others in here, the save file does not open when downloaded, its not in the civ vi saves folder, and my laptop cannot seem to find a program to start it? i use windows 10 and got game on steam d/l.

can someone help or maybe post another save file for this game, id like to do these from the first one, most appreciated.
When you download the save, you need to save it to the Civ6 Save folder. On my computer, it is:
D:\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\Single

The game will not find the file unless it is in that folder, as far as I know.

edit - Browd is correct, changed the location above to reflect his information. Apologies.

Last edited:
Just found and joined this group after reading an article for a Graduate class. Long time Civ player and looking forward to these challenges.

looking forward to test this save. never played with rome before (including civ 5 with +2000 hours on the clock)

Sadly I can't continue playing (I got to turn 100) because Steam got corrupted on my laptop. Since some files remained I can't re-install it, as the installation demands an empty folder. My library of games that I own is gone as well.

You should be able to delete all the steam files except the .exe and the folder(s) where your games are installed, then run the steam.exe and it should correct the problem.

Cool!
I started lurking this forum before the release of CIV VI and saw these threads for V and thought it looked fun, so I am gonna try joining from the start now with VI.

My very first VI game was actually a science victory with Trajan on King (huge Pangea map with all the leaders). Thus I feel fairly certain that I will be able to win this game, but my personal goal for the game will be to try to unlock the achievements "Flight Slingulator" and "Missed That Day In History Class"

You should be able to delete all the steam files except the .exe and the folder(s) where your games are installed, then run the steam.exe and it should correct the problem.
I should be able to delete them, since I am supposed to have administrator rights, but I can't.

Have you tried booting in safe mode?

Is it possible for future gotm, we exclude the use of stealing settlers early (AI exploiting)? It might be fixed in the patch, but just curious. It really ruins the game outcome, by the overwhelming power of stealing settlers early. It feels roughly like automatically getting 100% settlers from goody huts on exploitation level.

Just to emphasize, if you have the Aztec dlc, you MUST remove it from the dlc folder in your Civ6 System files and place the folder in a temp file, where you remember where it is, so you can replace it later.

The developers have not yet provided a way to choose which dlc to use or exclude, so you must do it manually. Apologies, but it is the only way.

Apparently you do not need to removed the dlc.
I found out how to disable the Aztec dlc without manually removing it.
This line
Code:
<ShowInBrowser>AlwaysHidden</ShowInBrowser>
in the aztec dlc is responsible for making it hidden. If you comment it out, it will show in additional content as any user mod and you can then just uncheck it when you want to create a game without it, then check it back when you want to use it.

Top Bottom