[BTS] News: BOTM 175 Results and Congratulations

Deckhand

Procrastination at its finest
GOTM Staff
BtS BOTM 175 Results:
4 Domination, 5 Conquest, 3 Diplomacy, 5 Spaceship, and 2 Cultural wins. (2 retired and no losses)

Termitnik got the earliest Domination and the gold medal by a wide margin.

hhhawk, nocho, lymond, Jovan Kukic had a very close race for the silver. Only 5292 points separating 2nd and 5th. 3rd, 4th, 5th place as percentage of second: 0.9988; 0.9827, 0.9807.

Conquest Dates: krikav 50 BC, Jovan Kukic 500 AD, lymond 540 AD, MarleysGh0st, 1120 AD, HassiSan: 1860 AD.

shakabrade's 1500 AD Spaceship Victory was the earliest by far.

:band: Welcome to two new players:
Powerfaker was only 7 turns :wow: behind Pangaea for fastest Culture victory (and spent 30 minutes less real time playing).
Unmnemonic was also going for culture but retired.

Summary of Medal Winners:

Termitnik: 1130 AD Domination Victory, 396,798 points.

hhhawk: 1615 AD Domination Victory, 274,618 points.

nocho: 1110 AD Diplomatic Victory, 274,296 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

krikav: 50 BC Conquest Victory, 207,422 points.

shakabrade: 1500 AD Spaceship Victory, 202,999 points.

Pangaea: 1210 AD Cultural Victory, 65,269 points.

Other Award Winners:

jerza: 1802 AD Diplomatic Victory, 103,561 points.

Lagashvili: 1802 AD Domination Victory, 83,489 points.

HassiSan: 1860 AD Conquest Victory, 71,407 points.

Pious_Pete: 1931 AD Spaceship Victory, 13,006 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

You started with two settlers. DynamicSpirit produced this map showing first two city locations. Second city is in grey.

Spoiler First and Second Cities :

Here is only first city:

Spoiler First City :
botm175FirstCities.jpg

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Indeed, really good dates, that is the game no matter the difficulty.
@Kaitzilla what was your plan before the deadline struck you?
I guess @Pangaea did normal cultural win considering his fondness for exploiting game strats.
@krikav, could not post in the spoilers due to 1AD rule. :D

In any case, this was a weird game. Really snowballed from those settlers and early gold. But I still feel a good and lucky Emperor game with Mansa or some other Fin leader as vassal techer would be better for space date. Literally no help from the AIs this game. None. It was a good call not to start the war too early, but was it the perfect date, wouldn't say so. Still chasing that pre 1500AD space win, but maybe it's time for some other victory type.

@Kaitzilla what was your plan before the deadline struck you?

Was going for another Espionage Victory like in BOTM 175, but I screwed up badly by agreeing to stop trading with my victim.
He wouldn't talk to me for over 30 turns, so I could not gift him any cities.

BOTM 172 was another screw up when my chosen AI peace vassalled instead of founding a colony, but I finally figured out why AI civs will peace vassal at a much lower relationship threshold due to previously unknown game mechanics. :)
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-know-your-enemy.478563/page-11#post-15468142

I will be doing space race again in BOTM 176, the state property game.

**Edit**

Here is the code and explanation that WastinTime gave. :)

This makes me miss the SGotMs. Researching your question, I learned something which might be able to be used in evil ways :devil:

(referring to the test case in post #204)

Short-ish answer:
Stalin's attitude towards you is modified by how many other land targets he has! :eek: (I didn't know this)
In the case where Stalin will peace vassal, Korea's borders expanded (artist bomb?) for whatever reason, and now they share enough tiles (8, I think) to be land target. Stalin has not one, but TWO other land targets (besides you).
Those two AI must also have greater power (which they do in your case.)
So his attitude goes all the way up 2 notches to Pleased and he will agree to be a vassal.

from CvTeamAI.cpp
Code:
if (kLoopTeam.AI_isLandTarget(getID()))
                    {
                        if (iLoopTeam != eTeam)
                        {
                            if (kLoopTeam.getPower(true) > getPower(true))
                            {
                                iAttitudeModifier += (3 * kLoopTeam.getPower(true)) / std::max(1, getPower(true)) - 2;
                            }

}
                    }

then later...

Code:
AttitudeTypes eModifiedAttitude = CvPlayerAI::AI_getAttitudeFromValue(AI_getAttitudeVal(eTeam, false) + iAttitudeModifier);
if (eModifiedAttitude <= GC.getLeaderHeadInfo(GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)iI).getPersonalityType()).getVassalRefuseAttitudeThreshold())
                    {
                        return DENIAL_ATTITUDE;
                    }

So, now it looks like you could peace vassal any/all AI. Even the ones that need 'Friendly'.

Last edited:
I finally figured out why AI civs will peace vassal at a much lower relationship threshold due to previously unknown game mechanics. :)
I wonder what finally allowed you to figure it out :mischief:

Nice post, but I think a summary is in order...
tl;dr
For getting a peace-vassal, required attitude is lowered based on the power of other neighboring AIs. (the infamous 'land target' -- share 8 tile border).

Top Bottom