News: BOTM 26 Results and Congratulations

Niklas

Fully Functional
GOTM Staff
It seems the setup of this game brought out the peaceful side in people, as a remarkable proportion of the submitted victories are non-military. In fact we have only two Domination wins and two Conquest wins - but of course two of those grabbed the first and second places.

A special congratulations to srad for claiming his first gold medal! :goodjob: And Fastest Domination as well, will he be our next Eptathlete perhaps? Only three more awards to go... :)

Summary of Medal Winners:

srad: 1765 AD Domination Victory, 217,352 points.

hhhawk: 1450 AD Conquest Victory, 209,852 points.

Rusten: 1740 AD Spaceship Victory, 166,841 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Dhoomstriker: 1920 AD Conquest Victory, 92,372 points.

Vynd: 1650 AD Diplomatic Victory, 62,338 points.

ngraner42: 1760 AD Cultural Victory, 43,417 points.

Matty B: 1715 AD Religious Victory, 37,042 points.

Other Award Winners:

Egorchik: 1820 AD Domination Victory, 149,526 points.

SpockFederation: 1914 AD Spaceship Victory, 33,172 points.

elessar9: 1913 AD Diplomatic Victory, 23,613 points.

Grifftavian: 1914 AD Cultural Victory, 13,286 points.

komandor tarkin: 1931 AD Spaceship Loss, 7,861 points.

RD-BH: 1240 AD Conquest Loss, 226 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled:

Some nice doubles there! Medals+fastest awards. Oh and nicely done to Dhoomstriker winning the cow AND a shield, you would think those would be quite incompatible :lol:

Darn, 12 turns behind ngraner42 for the Cultural speed title. Congratulations on the win!

Thanks again to Niklas and the other the BOTM organizers and mapmakers, these games are always both fun and educational.

Yay!

My name is on the results list.........

Woo! I won an award! It's a shield, but still, I'm just happy with managing my first win on Emperor.

Of course, finishing in the top half of this one means I can't play Adventurer class. So, I'm off to get my butt kicked in BOTM27.

Oh wow, I'm happy! :D

(This was surely not an 'optimal' game.)

Congrats to all the other award winners and it is remarkable that a space race game wins a medal. 1740 is really fast!

14 cultural, 11 diplo, 5 space, 2 conquest, 2 domination and 1 religious victory.

Suggests to me that it was quite difficult to take land in the game, making space, conquest or domination much harder to achieve, but the abundance of floodplains and the food heavy start meant creating the commerce and great people for either cultural or diplo victories was the best chance at victory.

Very interesting map. :thumbsup:

1740 is really fast!
Would've been better if I wasn't forced to build all of the space parts without aliminium. :lol:

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to Niklas for the fun map, although I wish it had more aliminium. ;)

Sorry for not writing a proper 'spoiler', but I guess there's not much point to doing it now.

Very nice game with very interesting decisions!

Congratulations to the winners. Well done!

Sorry for not writing a proper 'spoiler', but I guess there's not much point to doing it now.

Oh, please write it!
How on Earth will the second best player learn to play as well as the Award winner if he gets no educative example?

Aw :(

Ah well, atleast I took the challenger save :). Congrats to all, and some very impressive games.

Cool, an award. :) I had a good feeling about that win.

Thanks very much to Niklas and the other staff for a fun game. Congrats to all of the participants!

Congrats to SpockFederation -- spaceship victory in under 6 hours.

I just can't seem to score well on these high level maps. I need a lot of improvement on my science vs war management. My conquesting went okay until I dropped too far in technologies and I couldn't build better units than my other foes. I did get one though.

Top Bottom