News: BOTM 57 Results and Congratulations

oops ;)
Oh i can answer that quick, saw not much wipping potential so Caste would be nice.
My 2nd city made me 1 GS for an academy fast.

Org. Reli too (used 1 switch for both) cos i planned for Glib and NE (scientists for machinery, Optics, Astro).
And bit easier happy cap without spamming too many units.

:wallbash:

Congratulations to all who finished this game.

Okay here some more thoughts on my game :)
Settled Utrecht 2W of horsies cos that looked like a nice spot with good food, some cottage rivers and barb defense.

Figured out rather quick that i will need spawn busting warris too, mainly north of Amsta and towards the map center.
Delayed BW till after Oracle techs, wheel, pottery and writing.

CoL looked very tempting, so i focused on Oracle and skipped GLH.
No Reli isn't much fun, imo. And i planned using bulbs towards Astro rather than for Philo, so no Taoism.

Switched into Caste for 4 scientists running in Utrecht, and teched Mono before for Org. Reli.
Very helpful soon, cos Amsterdam cannot be whipped and besides Glib + NE i also needed other stuffs like Granary, lighthouse..

I stayed rather small early, with barbs being nasty and so much else to do besides Settlers.
When i had my GS for an academy in Amsta, i switched into slavery for expansion, and also teched Monarchy before for HR.

Aesthetics and Lit also fairly quick, then i went for music.
That's some distractions towards Astro, but a free GA helped me farming great scientists and i bulbed Machinery, Optics and 2x Astro later.
I think only after that i unlocked Philo with Meditation.

Interesting was that neither Shaky or Hatshy had a coastal city, and i shipped 2 settlers and even 1 worker over for trade routes ;)

Then i went towards Edu and Lib, took Mil. Tradition and continued "as normal" with Curis and later Cavs ;)
Best units here imo, they arrive faster for shipping over seas, and with Hatshy + Pacal + Stalin on 1 continent, 2 movement was great.

Top Bottom