News: SGOTM 12 Results and Congratulations

Nuclear ICBM armageddon from Stalin would have been really cool - a bigger threat would be fun. Did he have initial visibility of our lands? 5E thought he wouldn't be able to launch until he knew where we were, so we were careful not to trade him any maps until we proved he only had tac nukes.

I think it was possible to estimate Stalin's military assets using the power graph numbers at the start of the game and the demographics. I wasn't the one who did the calculations though so I can't swear by this statement :mischief:

I think it was possible to estimate Stalin's military assets using the power graph numbers at the start of the game and the demographics. I wasn't the one who did the calculations though so I can't swear by this statement :mischief:
In any case, i asked to Erkon in PM and he answer in the rules thread or in this one that the AI won't know where we are. So even if Stalin would have ICBM he can't hit anybody.

You could tell that Stalin had extra starting units but not specifically which type or how many. In addition, we knew that he at least had grenadiers because after talking to him several times, eventually he would say something to effect of: "Fear my grenadiers!" (LC's trick). I assume that most teams also deduced that Stalin had nuclear weapons as opposed to something like 50 extra warriors to get such a high "Soldiers" value in the demographics screen.

In any case, i asked to Erkon in PM and he answer in the rules thread or in this one that the AI won't know where we are. So even if Stalin would have ICBM he can't hit anybody.

I think you refer to this post:

"Do the AIs know where our settler started?"

No, they did not know where your settler was located at 4000 BC. I did not reveal any extra tiles for any AI i.e. it was a normal start from that perspective.

You may have noticed the exact statement (4000 BC). Now, once you settle, all AIs know where you are. This is valid for all games, not just this SGOTM. Stalin would rain down his nukes on the next turn. Yes, I've tested this. Likewise, AIs will start sending stacks against your capital, which some of you may have noticed. I did not reveal any tiles to the AI, since it's not needed :mwaha:

He hit Moscow with an ICBM on Turn 0 in one of our test games. I was quite surprised by this, as I would have thought he needs to see the city, as well. Actually thought it was a glitch in our WB-ing. I guess the AI cheats this way...

I think you refer to this post:

You may have noticed the exact statement (4000 BC). Now, once you settle, all AIs know where you are. This is valid for all games, not just this SGOTM. Stalin would rain down his nukes on the next turn. Yes, I've tested this. Likewise, AIs will start sending stacks against your capital, which some of you may have noticed. I did not reveal any tiles to the AI, since it's not needed :mwaha:
I know the AI cheats, just think that they won't trade techs until another AI won't know those techs. But, since they won't have Alpha, how can they know that?
I know this i think from my 3rd game or so, but your starting location... maybe even where you have your cities? This is clearly a cheat.

BTW Erkon, how do you know this?

...BTW Erkon, how do you know this?

Do you ask if I'm sure about it, or how I learned it?

I'm pretty sure since it fits my experience, which I've gained from play testing, although most is based on what klarius, ZPV and the rest of the guys in Team Murky WatersTM have deducted from code reading.

Top Bottom