News: TSG106 Announcement!

Hammer Rabbi

Deity
GOTM Staff
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 106
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////

Welcome to the One Hundred and Sixth game in the GOTM V Training Series! There are plenty of features in Civilization 5 Brave New World to explore and the Training Series games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these features in a friendly environment. You are all encouraged to post your questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads described below. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread. Before going into the details of this game, we would like to ask you to abide to our most sacred rule: don’t replay any turns. If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. It's better to do the bad moves in the Training Series instead of in the actual GOTM competition, once it starts.

Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.

In this game, the designated VC is Culture. All VCs are enabled but players results will be published by fastest Culture victory.

In this game you will play as Augustus Caesar and lead the Roman Empire to victory. It's a standard-sized map played at Prince difficulty and at standard pace. Culture is the designated VC for this game. You will have until April 15th to complete the game and submit.

Civ V BNW - TSG106 Game Settings:
Playable Civ: - Augustus Caesar - Rome
Total Civs (including player): 8
Total City-States: 16
Map type: Continents
Map Size: Standard
Difficulty Level: Prince
Game pace: Standard
Game options: You will start in the Ancient Era. Raging Barbarians and No Ruins are enabled. Quick Combat is enabled. (You may turn off Quick Combat using the game options menu at any time during gameplay.)
Game Version: This game was created in Civ5 Brave New World version 1.0.3.279. Wonders of the Ancient World DLC is required for this game and the Gods and Kings expansion is required.

In this game, you will be playing as Augustus Caesar, you possess The Glory of Rome - +25% production Production towards any buildings that already exist in the capital Capital.

You can train the Ballista , a Unique siege unit that replaces the Catapult. It does major damage from a distance, but must set up prior to firing. This unit has a higher Ranged Combat Strength than the Catapult. Only the Romans may train it.

You can also train the Legion, a Unique melee unit that replace the Swordsman. This strong, front-line land unit of the Classical Era has a higher Combat Strength than the Swordsman. The Legion can also construct roads and forts and is the only non-Worker unit able to do so. Only the Romans may train it.

This is where you will start:

Information about threads associated with TSG
TSG Announcement thread (this one). This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please don’t post any information from a game you have started. Instead use the next thread.

Opening Actions thread. This thread is used to discuss the game once it's on the way. There are no reading or posting restrictions as such (apart from normal decency), although we encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshots. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.

After Actions thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state (preferably in the post title) your victory date and score, as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory! We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by date and score). Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
We now have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature) Please note, you must submit your game on the turn following Victory. If you continue to play, the game overwrites the data and your submission could be rejected by the submission system.

This game runs for a month and ends April 15th, 2015.

The save will be available for download on March 15th, 2015, midnight Central Standard time (UTC -6:00) in the US.

The Save can be found here.

Isn't this 106 not 105?

This should be good CV practice for me. I'm not good at fast CVs. Not super crazy about the jungly start. Also doesn't look very iron rich either. I like Raging Barbs and no ruins though.

Welcome to CivFanatics and GOTM. :wavey:

Please read the sentence above the link:
The save will be available for download on March 15th, 2015, midnight Central Standard time (UTC -6:00) in the US.

Just realised there seemes to be two different GOTM, Training/Competition series? I've done some GOTM games but think they all have been traing. Or what is the competiion series, where can I find them?

Just realised there seemes to be two different GOTM, Training/Competition series? I've done some GOTM games but think they all have been traing. Or what is the competiion series, where can I find them?

That was a naming convention for when Civ5 first came out years ago. It wasnt released with a proper .dll for modding in the same way Civ4 had with Beyond the Sword (for balance reasons). This has always been a training series since. There is a section in the main forums page below this one for Hall of Fame competitions. They arent conducted in the same manner as this TSG series as players dont compete with one communal start save but it is a competitive environment with specific rules and settings for submissions. It allows multiple submissions too. You can find that section here.

Will it be a problem if I play on version 1.0.3.144? Also is Enchanced UI legit mod?

When you load it, the game will adjust to the 1.0.3.279 version to exclude the DLCs when this save was made.

bc1's Enhanced mod is accepted but no others. Mods that affect gameplay will be detected upon submission and excluded from results tallies.

Thanks for joining us at CFC and Game of the Month. I hope you enjoy this one and stick around for future games. We have 2 per month, on the 1st and 15th, and they vary in settings and difficulties and designated Victory Conditions.

Thanks,
HR

I haven't played Civ5 "normal" games in ages, so this seems like a nice game for a comeback. Prince difficulty shouldn't be too much of a problem, it doesn't punish the player for mistakes that much, so rage-quitting is not an option :)

I used to win ca. 9/10 immortal games before I got bored with the game. I'm not expecting a quick victory, I've never even tried the sacred sites route in any of my games, and AFAIK Rome doesn't have religion bonuses, so a slow, grinding yet calm game is what I'm expecting. CV before t300, and I'll be happy. Even a loss might be possible, if the game has changed radically in the past year or so.

Probably some changes in the game have been made since my last normal game, but I'll just deal with them when I run into them in-game.

Haven't play Civ V for almost half a year. Saw this GotM being promoted on the Civ facebook page. Decided let's do it!

same here, i just finished it with a cultural victory. newver won by one before, im the domation type. kinda cruised there, not much challenge tbh, finished in 1997. took me until 1900 to then i decided to figure out how to really influence the others :).

now just figure out where to submit

File Upload System
We now have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature) Please note, you must submit your game on the turn following Victory. If you continue to play, the game overwrites the data and your submission could be rejected by the submission system.

Thanks, Knowtalent. Above is the specific sections he is referring to, Xonan, with a link to the webpage to submit to. Thanks for joining us and returning to some Civ5!

HR

Top Bottom