• Poland

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall, Babylon was a pre-order bonus for Civ V; that shortly after the release was released as DLC.
Mongolia though had the status of being "free DLC"; and they were quite a bit overpowered on CD release.

So I guess Aztec already has that Honor. Good to know! Free Mesopotamia!!

I have a question. If they exclude Aztecs completely, that means that the game is shipping with 17 base game civs.. So does this mean that Firaxis is liable for misleading advertisment? (Or a statement, since they never adveritsed we're getting 18 civs on day 1 apart from a statement from Ed)

I really hope that there's 19 base game civs.

But for what's it worth, Gorgo, and either Peter/Gilgamesh/Saladin are going to be very early DLCs since they were listed in the Civilopedia so they are far ahead of the production line.

Fingers crossed though that we at least get Gilgamesh!

Or they ll just continue to make civ video aftr the nda.

Yeah that's possible, just saying that the fact that only one civ (and not two as I expected) would be unreleased by 29th makes it more likely that such civ is not part of the base game.

I have a question. If they exclude Aztecs completely, that means that the game is shipping with 17 base game civs.. So does this mean that Firaxis is liable for misleading advertisment? (Or a statement, since they never adveritsed we're getting 18 civs on day 1 apart from a statement from Ed)

Yes, it would be bad for reputation. That's one of the reasons I'm nearly sure, they are 18+1 on release. The other reason is the leak, which is interpreted that way by default.

I wonder, since Poland is DLC they could reveal it on November 11. There is no other date like this to use I think and 3 weeks after game release should be enough for announcing more content.

Yeah that's possible, just saying that the fact that only one civ (and not two as I expected) would be unreleased by 29th makes it more likely that such civ is not part of the base game.

I really don't think that's likely though. There's no reason they can't release a First Look after the 29th. Remember most of their audience aren't CivFanatics, and are unlikely to be watching every new Let's Play just to find out the final civ.

We knew what the Spanish and Indian UUs were from a magazine article long before the video came out. Besides that, many other things (Trajan, etc) were leaked.

They said 18 base civs at launch and we've no reason (especial factoring in the civilopedia leak) to suspect otherwise.

No need to panic, guys :p

How many civs do you guys think will be sold with dlc packages till the next expansion? 6-8-10?

How many civs do you guys think will be sold with dlc packages till the next expansion? 6-8-10?

Civ V had six (including the previously Deluxe Edition exclusive Babylon and the free Mongols), right?

Babylon, Mongola, Spain + Inca, Denmark, Korea.

Doesn't seem like a bad guess this time around, but we could see multiple leaders (Gorgo and Isabela) in addition to that.

Mysterious source tells two reveals this week: today and on wednesday. Could be a fake but one can have hope it will happen.

Mysterious source tells two reveals this week: today and on wednesday. Could be a fake but one can have hope it will happen.

Link to this source? You can't just say "mysterious source" and expect us to treat it seriously :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom