Next Fantasy War (BtS)

Thanks for the reply. Mod is great but it crashes a lot with me. Especially when trying to load a saved game. I read the post about disabling python popups but doing that does not help. Any suggestions? Thx.

Did you ever update to 3.02 by any chance?:mischief:

Updated to 3.13. Installed mod in the bts mod folder then went to my documents my games bts folder changed modular loading to 1. What exactly is the step by step correct way to install and play this mod. Thx for the promp replys.

Updated to 3.13. Installed mod in the bts mod folder then went to my documents my games bts folder changed modular loading to 1. What exactly is the step by step correct way to install and play this mod. Thx for the promp replys.

But did you ever update to 3.02?:confused: EDIT: Read post # 3. thx

I don't remember! I have the version 3.13, but I don't remember if I previously updated to v. 3.02 (everything points to the positive answer, I feel).
Do I REALLY have to uninstall all Civ4 and re-install it??

Well for the best possible chance of game play and better results without alot of errors, i am sorry to say, YES!:blush:
Do what i had to do though ok, make sure you keep what you want, ie maps MODs etc in a separate location, then when you RE-install, just put back the stuff you wanted , back inplace and you should be good to go then, course i am not saying that this is all of the problem, just ALOT of it. Then again it MIGHT fix alot and then again MIGHT not. Its your choice, your PC.:p
But everyone that HAD ever updated to 3.02 has alot of error stuff and i SUGGEST they un-install everything and start all over, BUT never and again NEVER update to 3.02 go from BtS to update 3.13 only.

I downloaded your mod, but when it's loading an error screen pops up saying that the primary control theme couldn't be loaded or something like that. It also ends up having 2 load screens, and I have to use task manager to end it. I tried waiting it out to see what would happen, and it just crashed to the desktop. I'm new to this whole forum so maybe I just followed a direction wrong? But idk, I'm pretty sure I did everything how I was supposed to.

Please help!

I downloaded your mod, but when it's loading an error screen pops up saying that the primary control theme couldn't be loaded or something like that. It also ends up having 2 load screens, and I have to use task manager to end it. I tried waiting it out to see what would happen, and it just crashed to the desktop. I'm new to this whole forum so maybe I just followed a direction wrong? But idk, I'm pretty sure I did everything how I was supposed to.

Please help!

Did you EVER update to 3.02?

I'm not sure. I may have, but I ended up having to reinstall the whole game a couple of times. It's a possibility I suppose. I'll try reinstalling, but can I just reinstall BtS or do I have to do the WHOLE entire game?

Ok, so I completely reinstalled Civ 4, and this happens. I run the BtS installation, and it says it's searching for updates. It says it found an update for Civ 4, and is installing it. Then it says "The patch failed to install! Aborting installation." So I'm totally lost now, I've tried to install it multiple times, and the same thing happens.

Ok, so I completely reinstalled Civ 4, and this happens. I run the BtS installation, and it says it's searching for updates. It says it found an update for Civ 4, and is installing it. Then it says "The patch failed to install! Aborting installation." So I'm totally lost now, I've tried to install it multiple times, and the same thing happens.

Are you talking about the 3.13 patch?

i have absolutely no idea. I didn't try to install any patch, I just ran the setup for BtS and that's exactly what happened. It's very frustrating. Could it be trying to automatically install the 3.13 patch?

I think you think I'm talking about an update I downloaded for BtS. I'm talking about the actual setup for BtS itself, since I uninstalled it, and now I'm trying to reinstall it.

Ok, I'm back to the same problem I had before. I did everything you said, and I did NOT install the 3.02 patch, but I did install the 3.13, which you said was fine. The error message is the same:

Load Error
GFC Error: Failed to initialize the primary control theme.

So now what do I do?

And if it helps, the point on the loading screen where the error occurs is when the loading bar reaches "[Next Fantasy War] Init Engine"

Ok, I'm back to the same problem I had before. I did everything you said, and I did NOT install the 3.02 patch, but I did install the 3.13, which you said was fine. The error message is the same:

Load Error
GFC Error: Failed to initialize the primary control theme.

So now what do I do?

OK now, this is a different problem, what folder did you put it in?
ok do this then, delete the whole folder "Resource"(it should be right next to the PublicMaps folder), then go into the XML/ART folder and look for file "CIV4ArtDefines_Misc" and then delete that file, it should solve that problem, but it will be the blue interface then.:p

Doing what you did, should be alot better for all your civ4 experience.
Thx for being so patient.

Yes it worked! Thank you! But I still have one minor problem. In the Sevopedia, some custom civs have the descriptions from others while other custom civs have no description at all. Is this a side effect of deleting what was neccessary for the mod to work, or is it some sort of mistake? The civs that have these problems are:

Amazons, Animal Empire, Apache, Dark Elves, High Elves, Invaders, Mapuche, LoTR, Orc, Samurai Regiment, Riders, StarWars, Undead, Seals Sams, and Wizards. And for the Vampires it has something about "Santa's Secret Village"???

Yes it worked! Thank you! But I still have one minor problem. In the Sevopedia, some custom civs have the descriptions from others while other custom civs have no description at all. Is this a side effect of deleting what was neccessary for the mod to work, or is it some sort of mistake? The civs that have these problems are:

Amazons, Animal Empire, Apache, Dark Elves, High Elves, Invaders, Mapuche, LoTR, Orc, Samurai Regiment, Riders, StarWars, Undead, Seals Sams, and Wizards. And for the Vampires it has something about "Santa's Secret Village"???

ahaha, its probably my mistake, i havent looked at it before, but thx for pointing it out, will take alook, thx.:blush:

Ok never mind, I figured out the problem. I had the same GFC problem with the Fall from Heaven II mod, but I think it's because I changed the name of the folder once it was in the mods folder for BtS (asthetics purposes.) I haven't tried this theory out with your mod, but I'll be sure to, and I'm hopefull it will work. With the FfH II mod, after encountering the problem I had with your mod, I deleted the files you had me delete for Next Fantasy. And I also had the same civilopedia problems afterward. After fixing what I did above, I did not have to delete any files, and I don't encounter the GFC problem.

Sorry for all the trouble!

I already corrected the problem with the version of BtS, but now I have other problem: when I load the mod, it says: GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme. What do I do with this?

*Edited*
This will teach me to READ everything else before complaining! I had not realised that the was someone who had complained about the same thing before, and so I had asked about this. It seems to work correctly, although I'd like to know how the original theme was!

Top Bottom