1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Next Fantasy War (BtS)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by strategyonly, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Gelvan

Gelvan Prince

great mod! the idea is just wonderful. I'm longing for the updates :)

here some notes:
    maybe some techs should only be researchable for the civ which has a benefit from it (blood ritual for aztecs for example). I had many errors in the civilopedia (have changed language to english) like TXT_PEDIA_NEXT_WAR.

what are the Modules you talked about in your first post?

2. Harewood

Harewood Warlord

Downloading as i speak and about to playtest.
    I'm afraid of the balancing issues im going to find, i can see an INSANE amount of changes have gone into this.

3. FexFX

FexFX Prince

Actually Cthulhu was the literary invention of H.P. Lovecraft in 1928. Technically its an American mythology although it was never presented as anything other than fiction. The name Cthulhu does have its origins and influence in the Greek term Chthonic which basically refers to anything from the underworld, or of subteranean nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu
    http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Chthonic

4. Gelvan

Gelvan Prince

One question: there is a file called custom assets.txt and inside the file it reads that one should delete the custom assets folder in "my documents/civ4" and replace it with other files, to get more informations in the mini texts of the tool tips. which files are these?

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Sorry about that, i thought i had them included but when i made the copy of my MOD, it wasnt there, glad you caught it, this is just helpful info is all, does nothing for gameplay. Its now posted in first post under the d/l area, thx.:p

EDIT:(To everyone): I am thinking of changing the way i put in the Fantasy units, would you rather have them in WITH the civ, or as a separate civ and you could play them as you want to??

EDIT EDIT: There is alot of things changing each time i update, but pls make sure you read about the MODULAR area i have, cause if you dont change it to MODULAR like i said, you will not be able to play alot of the Civs. In the next update.

6. Gelvan

Gelvan Prince

thanks for the files, but still I get error messages in the civilopedia (for example planar gate) and in the tool tips it says "." instead of a text (for example weaving).

I put language on english, and I deleted the custom assets in the my documents/my games/bts folder, as well as in the civ4 folder. and replaced it with your files.

and I put modulars on 1 in the bts ini

also I created a short cut for next fantasy war to ensure it doesn't unload your custom asset files.

@your question: I like the idea of dark elf units with english and minotaurs with greek. maybe America and Japan could get some comic figures in the future.

Attached Files:

7. strategyonly

deleted changed stuff all around.

8. Gelvan

Gelvan Prince

could it be, that it's loading the "normal" civilopedia instead of the civilopedia of the mod? because all other techs, wich are taken from vanilla bts are showing text, only the new ones, there is the TXT_ error message in the civilopedia. about weaving: maybe there is no text at the moment? because on other techs theres's the same error as in the civilopedia, only weaving sais "." .

of course I could rename the folder of v004 *lol*

Nay, did not look through the art eara, but great to see my suggestion already have been in your plans ;)

9. strategyonly

10. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

All those new techs (and many other things) are from my Rise of Mankind mod and I haven't added pedia texts for new techs yet. Since strategyonly combined my mod to his own, those texts are of course missing.

strategyonly, by the way I've uploaded patch for my mod today so check it out if you want to add new things from it as well. ;)

11. strategyonly

Yeah what he said also, and might i say The Rise of Mankind:goodjob: is a great new MOD, it was the direction i am moving into anyways, just way ahead of schedule, so i used as much as i could.:p

12. Gelvan

Gelvan Prince

@zappara & strategyonly
    I have de-installed bts and reinstalled it with patch 3.02 - but still there is an error message for example on the tech tracking and it's three buildings. That's a bit annoying, because I have no clue what cave of ancestors does. Of course if there is not text it says "." but if there is an error message, I suppose that there is a text (somewhere).
    btw. rise of mankind can't load, gives me a ctd when starting (using 0.91).

13. strategyonly

Just uploaded Version 004, lots of changes and a few surprises.
    4:30 PM, 31 Aug 07

14. Xeovar

Xeovar Chieftain

Im getting Load Error (GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme) upon choosing Load Mod from advanced menu.

004 version.

15. strategyonly

16. Dgary

Dgary Chieftain

getting the same error, tried downloading again, still the same

17. strategyonly

18. strategyonly

19. Xeovar

Xeovar Chieftain

Yup, just checked, had it enabled already.

20. mrhyms

mrhyms Chieftain

"Native americans had animal myths too, as well as dragons and skin walkers, there version of werewolves."

And let's not forget - the Wendigo!

I love the idea of this pick 'n' mix mod. Any likelihood of HR Giger's Aliens making an appearance?