1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Next Fantasy War (BtS)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by strategyonly, Aug 2, 2007.

1. philip98188

philip98188 Chieftain

who's Aliens ???

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

deleted changed stuff all around.

3. 2manyusernames

2manyusernames Chieftain

Your latest changes seem fantastic and intriguing. Any chance of uploading it to a site that supports resumable downloads? (or perhaps splitting it up into smaller chunks, ~100 meg max each?)

Thanks, I assume there are still a couple of us dial-up dinosaurs out there. :)

4. WizzBang

WizzBang Chieftain

I downloaded this mod for the 2nd time and installed it to the right place and for the 2nd time I got the "GFC Load error". I have many mods loaded, but I cannot get this one to load. Any ideas?

5. strategyonly

Has anyone gotten Version 4 to work???

6. strategyonly

Need to find out what you'll think of this:

I am thinking about re-starting all the civilizations/units over again, and just placing them ALL in MODULAR format. Just like the Orc Civ, that way you can mix and match as much as you want to?? That way if you just wanted to play America as normal you can, and if you want to play as i have it right now, play the Death Civ by itself. Also if you wanted to just play fantasy units you could and or play normal units, any way you like it??

I think it would be better this way???

7. KingArthur666

KingArthur666 Warlord

Okay, I'm thinking maybe I'm stupid or something, but as far as this mod being modular what does that mean? I loaded up the 004 mod today and changed the .ini file from 0 to 1 as your first post instructed, but when I got into the mod and started playing many things are broken. Ships cannot have any promotions was the one that stopped me from playing. I decided to come back here to see if I had missed something. But there are many other things missing as well. There seem to be dozens of techs that don't lead to anywhere or anything. What's the point of a tech that provides no build, unit, civic, or new tech branch? The mod looks promising and I hope I'm just missing something and it will be playable as soon as I discover what I'm doing wrong.

8. strategyonly

9. KingArthur666

KingArthur666 Warlord

I tried the mod again with the ModularLoading = 0 and I didn't notice any difference in game play. I think I'm definitely doing something wrong.
    To clarify about the promotions not workings:
    You have the ship promotions classified for wooden, steam, diesel, etc., but all the ships themselves are still classified as naval units so none of them can take the promotions. I've noticed a similar problem with the air units and armored units. None of them seem to get any promotions either.

10. Webrider

Webrider Prince

I cant get it to load.

11. strategyonly

12. mariocerame

mariocerame Chieftain

same issue, and I changed the modularloading thing in the ini. it also takes an exceptionally long time for the mod to try to load (and fail).

13. strategyonly

14. strategyonly

OK just uploaded Version 005, there is a couple of untested Modulars that i put in there, Tons of units changes mostly EDU stuff

This upload should not have any errors. Takes a loooooong time to load, two to three minutes, just be patient.

I am currently working on a LoTR modular, and an Amazon one, but having problems with units. I added a modular in this version only for this version, but will upload it to the New Civ section later.

15. veryfinemale

veryfinemale Chieftain

I see a couple others have posted about this, I can not get this mod to load (Version 05). VERY Slow to install and load up (so much that I busy myself doing something AWAY from the computer). Then I get message.. Load Error.

THis seems like a g reat mod, I wish I could actually load it up and play it.

16. KingArthur666

KingArthur666 Warlord

What kind of system are you fellow running that get the load error on start?
    I'm running AMD 3700+ w/ 3GB RAM and it loads for me. It does take over two minutes (I timed it) from the double click to the CIV menu though, so there seems to be some memory leak or serious redundancy error in loading, but it does get there eventually. It is a big mod, but I've played bigger mods that load much faster than this one.
    For speed comparison FFH BtS takes about 55 secs to load.

17. strategyonly

18. KingArthur666

KingArthur666 Warlord

I know nothing of fixing things I'm afraid. I haven't done any programing in years and don't have any of the required tools. I'm just good about complaining. ;)
    Speaking of complaining; there still seems to be some issues with promotions. Most of the top level promotions including the ones only supposed to be allowed with a great general are available on the first level up.

19. strategyonly

Yeah i said something to the Air Force MOD person about that already, his promotions system in the Modular overrides all other promotions, he is trying to fix it, but for now its either have some extra Air Forces or lower promotions??:blush:

Also here is what i have on the tech problem also, ok.:rolleyes:

Dead-end tech tree branches are not bugs in themselves. Some of them are logical IMO. For instance Chariotry and Elephant Riding are needed only if you really want to have the units they provide. I agree to the idea in principle. You can either choose to research the tech and get the unit or to move on and advance through the main path faster. It also makes more sense in case you don't have access to Ivory, or Horses.

Now what seems a sort of a fault that is better be thought over is the case when a building or a promotion is also attached to the tech. While you can do without a unit especially if you can't build it in the first place you still may need the building or the promotion.

Bottom line is, dead-end techs are good as they make you think of the way you take through the tech tree based on your needs and resources.

20. strategyonly