Next patch anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had been having problems with the game freezing when I tried to Exit to Desktop when it first came out. But it had been behaving itself ever since . . . until this latest patch. At least this time I can Alt-Tab out and close it down in the taskbar. Previously, I wasn't even able to do that.

I can just click, then I get the windows notification "[insert program name here] has stopped responding, what do you want to do?".

I had been having problems with the game freezing when I tried to Exit to Desktop when it first came out. But it had been behaving itself ever since . . . until this latest patch. At least this time I can Alt-Tab out and close it down in the taskbar. Previously, I wasn't even able to do that.

It's behaving better for me in this regard than it was before the patch, although I sometimes have to walk away to let the computer chew through the process of closing the game.

It was freezing for me when exiting from time to time, but I havent had it happen since the patch at all (might be a coincidence though).

I have have the crash when you close, to the point where I have had to start a shut down to clear it

For screen freeze when exiting the game, try the following workaround for Win 10:
  • Press Ctrl-Alt-Del and bring up the Task Manager
  • Close the Task Manager
  • Now you're able to use Windows-Tab to open another desktop
  • In the new desktop, bring up the Task Manager and close Civ VI process from there.

For screen freeze when exiting the game, try the following workaround for Win 10:
  • Press Ctrl-Alt-Del and bring up the Task Manager
  • Close the Task Manager
  • Now you're able to use Windows-Tab to open another desktop
  • In the new desktop, bring up the Task Manager and close Civ VI process from there.
Yeah, that's the workaround I used to have to do. When I would hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and bring up task manager, Civ 6 would jump to the forefront and I wouldn't be able to access it. After much trial and error, I stumbled upon the 2nd desktop method. Luckily, I don't have to do that anymore.

There is no real point talking about the next DLC yet until we can open a new thread.
So many juicey discoveries and theories around them being held back until the new thread...

There is no real point talking about the next DLC yet until we can open a new thread.
So many juicey discoveries and theories around them being held back until the new thread...

Tbh, the double civ pack thread would have served for speculation, save for the fact that it's derailed into a debate about the appropriateness of having Alexander as the leader of Macedonia :rolleyes:

Tbh, the double civ pack thread would have served for speculation, save for the fact that it's derailed into a debate about the appropriateness of having Alexander as the leader of Macedonia :rolleyes:

Has anyone looked into the game files since Australia? Have they added any other things like this or removed the Persia and Macedonia lines?

Was about to correct you it was about wheter Macedonia was part of Greece or not and wheter 3 leaders from the region was appropriate, then realized we shouldn't derail this thread too.

Has anyone looked into the game files since Australia? Have they added any other things like this or removed the Persia and Macedonia lines?

The list where Persia and Macedonia are included didn't change, but there were modifications in the file for the patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
The DLC04 depot has been created.

I am surprised by the speed they are moving on this. DLC03 (Australia) depot was created 1 month in advance of its release.

The DLC04 depot has been created.

I am surprised by the speed they are moving on this. DLC03 (Australia) depot was created 1 month in advance of its release.
They know a lot of customers are dissatisfied not only by the game itself, but also especially by the first DLC (Vikings). With releasing this next DLC 4, that will probably satisfy all DDE purchasers with its 2 civs, rather fast, they try to gain ground again and get rid of some negative steam reviews.

At least that is my view on this.

It also makes me hope that we will see more than 4 DLC until the expansion (that I hope will come in December).

DLC04 with 2 civs on March, 23rd

BIG Railroad Tycoon scenario in April or May?

They know a lot of customers are dissatisfied not only by the game itself, but also especially by the first DLC (Vikings). With releasing this next DLC 4, that will probably satisfy all DDE purchasers with its 2 civs, rather fast, they try to gain ground again and get rid of some negative steam reviews.

At least that is my view on this.

It also makes me hope that we will see more than 4 DLC until the expansion (that I hope will come in December).

Civ V had a total of 7 DLC civs (plus several other lesser DLC packs) in the first year and G&K came out 1.5 years after release.

I expect the first expansion next summer.

DLC04 with 2 civs on March, 23rd

BIG Railroad Tycoon scenario in April or May?

If they follow the 1 month again, DLC 04 will be out March 28th. Although, they may be tightening the schedule by a week and try to get it out on the 23rd like you suggest.

civ5 had specific "problems" which don't apply to civ6, so I second the "I hope expansion will come in December"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom