Nfl 2006

Cowboys are fun to watch...everybody hates us so much :mischief:

And I would contend that Dallas has a better chance to win the SB than Pittsburgh does this year, because of depth in conference play and the fact that Pittsburgh usually underachieves...this was the rare time they did the opposite.

Azale said:
Dallas has a better chance to win the SB than Pittsburgh does this year

People tend to forget that Pitt didn't even win their division last year--they were NOT the best team all season long but in the playoffs ( where it truely counts )l

You got New England, Miami, Pitt, Cincinnati, Denver, K.C. San Diego, Indy & Jacksonville fighting for 6 spots--Pitt could go 10--5 and miss the playoffs!

Azale said:
Cowboys are fun to watch...everybody hates us so much :mischief:

And I would contend that Dallas has a better chance to win the SB than Pittsburgh does this year, because of depth in conference play and the fact that Pittsburgh usually underachieves...this was the rare time they did the opposite.

I meant more along the lines of having recently snagged a SB. I agree with you that the Steelers are not likely to have such an amazing run again this year. Dallas, I'll admit, is looking pretty formidable. Unfortunately.

i'm not buying the cowboys just yet. i saw the entire rise and fall of drew bledsoe being a patriots fan. by the time troy brown intercepted him in november '04, a game where corey dillon out gained the bills 151-125, he was a shell of his late-90's self. he's certainly better than drew '04, but i don't see him winning a championship unless everybody else steps up in crunch time. i foresee a few late game interceptions causing some classic t.o. moments.

What are you talking about...did you see Dallas last year? Every game was a nailbiter.

Bledsoe was money in several gamewinning drives. Against San Francisco, NY Giants, Kansas City, San Diego especially. He didnt start declining until Flozell Adams, our best olineman, went out. We gave up 50 sacks, 29nth in the NFL, and Bledsoe had a pretty good season despite it.

The biggest concern I have is injury to Bledsoe. Quaterback is just about the only position we don't have depth at and it could wreck our season if Bledsoe goes down...unless Romo is the next Tom Brady. He's more likely to be the next Ken Dorsey though....

Azale said:
What are you talking about...did you see Dallas last year? Every game was a nailbiter.

Bledsoe was money in several gamewinning drives. Against San Francisco, NY Giants, Kansas City, San Diego especially. He didnt start declining until Flozell Adams, our best olineman, went out. We gave up 50 sacks, 29nth in the NFL, and Bledsoe had a pretty good season despite it.

The biggest concern I have is injury to Bledsoe. Quaterback is just about the only position we don't have depth at and it could wreck our season if Bledsoe goes down...unless Romo is the next Tom Brady. He's more likely to be the next Ken Dorsey though....
i seem to recall at least a time or two where i watched sportscenter and thought "oh drew, some things never change" seattle, maybe? he cost them a shot vs. st. louis too, those 4th quarter game-loseing interceptions are maddening, huh? he's a real good quarterback who makes some really bad plays at really bad times. something t.o. isn't known to take well. i like drew, and still can't help but root for him, he and parcells (along with our awesome owner of course) dragged the patriots up from the gutter to respectability. but would you trade 1000 of those yards drew threw for to have those 2 awful throws back? you'd have been at least 10-6, maybe 11-5 and playing in the postseason.

We would have been 10-6 if we could cover Santana Moss...if it wasnt for Bledsoe, we would have probably not had a winning record.

The Seattle game was insane, the defense played great on both sides. Bledsoe did make a bad throw, but Josh Brown still nailed a 53 yarder as time expired.

Testaverde was the one who was maddening with interceptions. Quincy Carter was a mental breakdown for me every game and I rooted for the guy. Chad Hutchinson was perhaps the worst quaterback I have had the "pleasure" of watching, and that includes Ryan Leaf for the time he was here.

Do you maybe see why I like Bledsoe so much? Even if he is just above-average, that is SOOO much better than anything we've had in a while :p

I think the Bears also have the all-time lead in existence, which always helps ;)

bledoe is decent i suppose. he's not the bledsoe of the late 90s though. however, as much as i hate to admit it, 81 could make him better. i like bledsoe though. he seems like an admirable dude.

can he win a SB though? i doubt it. i doubt the cowboys can even get that far actually...they've got to have lots of things fall into place in order for that to happen. i'd put my money on an 81 sideline explosion/rift before a SB i'm afraid. sorry Azale :p

i think the panthers are the team to beat in the nfc. they don't have the question marks that alot of the other teams have and they got that kid RB in the draft. he'll be a nice compliment to foster i think...

sorry azale, i forget sometimes what life's like when you're searching for the next big QB, after all, i've been watching drew bledsoe and then tom brady since 1993. if it makes you feel any better, i suffered through 1-15 and 2-14 seasons with tommy hodson at QB, the 2-14 year, backup QB scott zolak won our only 2 games! we were so bad for so long that i remember listening to a dolphins game on the radio (because our games didn't sell out, so we couldn't always watch on tv) that we won w/ drew to make the playoffs. drew is certainly better than alot of quarterbacks out there, i think it was 1998 where he played with metal pins holding his broken index finger together for like 4 or 5 games that we had to win to make the playoffs, and he carried us those games. i have a personal distaste for owens, and especially parcells, maybe that's why i don't see them exactly meshing, but big bill works well with problem children, so maybe he can keep t.o. from choking bledsoe. remember in philly they started like 6-0 or something like that? then the first loss, KA-BLAMMO!!!

Azale said:
I think the Bears also have the all-time lead in existence, which always helps ;)
Yes, yes, but; I think I remember the Bears having something like 200 more wins than any other team in history, thats about, what, 25+ years of football, in the beginning? If you take out even half of that, they still are up by quite a bit. I just wish I could find that damned stat somewhere...

I did a survey of every teams win records a couple years back -- Chicago has an impressive, impressive record. Look at all those 0.800s and better:

Color codes are as follows:

Yellow = best possible title, Conference or SB.
Green = runner-up
Blues and Purple = playoff team but didn't make it to the SB

What about just superbowl era....

Azale said:
What about just superbowl era....

Since the merger in 1970

Miami--338
Pittsburgh--323
Dallas--320
Denver--314
Minnesota--313
San Francisco--308
Oakland--306
Washington--304
St.Louis--292
Kansas City--271
New England--266
Chicago--266
Philidelphia--265
Green Bay--260
N.Y. Giants--254
Tenn/Houton oilers--251
Indy/Baltimore colts--247
Cincinnati--244
Buffalo--236
San Diego--235
Detriot--233
N.Y. Jets--230
New Orleans--228
Atlanta----224
Clevland--221
Seattle--220
Arizona/St. louis cardinals--214
Tampa Bay--171
Jacksonville--88
Carolina--77
Baltimore--70
Houston--18

Mojotronica said:
I did a survey of every teams win records a couple years back -- Chicago has an impressive, impressive record. Look at all those 0.800s and better:

Color codes are as follows:

Yellow = best possible title, Conference or SB.
Green = runner-up
Blues and Purple = playoff team but didn't make it to the SB
Just what I was looking for! :thumbsup:

pawpaw said:
Since the merger in 1970

Miami--338
Pittsburgh--323
Dallas--320
Denver--314
Minnesota--313
San Francisco--308
Oakland--306
Washington--304
St.Louis--292
Kansas City--271
New England--266
Chicago--266
Philidelphia--265
Green Bay--260
N.Y. Giants--254
Tenn/Houton oilers--251
Indy/Baltimore colts--247
Cincinnati--244
Buffalo--236
San Diego--235
Detriot--233
N.Y. Jets--230
New Orleans--228
Atlanta----224
Clevland--221
Seattle--220
Arizona/St. louis cardinals--214
Tampa Bay--171
Jacksonville--88
Carolina--77
Baltimore--70
Houston--18

Thanks pawpaw. This here is the only wins list that matters :p

I was kinda suprised to see Minnesota with the most wins out of the NFC North all-time and only 1 game behind Denver.

I know I had heard about Miami being number 1. They had the perfect season, Dan Marino era, and I also remember them having a really long playoff streak until it ended a few years ago.

Top Bottom