NHL 2013-14 Regular Season

It is horrible... the Canes can hardly score against messy ice. :(

Sucks for the Lightning. :( That looks nasty. Hopefully it's a clean break so Stamkos can be back in time for Sochi and he doesn't have to spend too long in recovery. Tendon damage would be horrible for him and for the sport in general, he adds a lot of skill to the game.

Maybe let the mayor play... dang dude is wide-open :crazyeye: .

this thread is quiet :hmm:

i'll bump it some and say that i am stoked about the olympic hockey in february. it is by leaps and bounds the best event at the winter games. i like skiing and all that...but it just doesn't compare to intl hockey.

2014 groupings for Sochi

of course, i ardently support Team USA. i would like to see them smear putin's team. who in north america wouldn't want a gold medal rematch :cool:

The NHL (at least for a Leafs fan) isn't that fun to watch this year. :(

Same here... the 'Canes can't beat any good team. :(

flyers aren't lighting the world on fire either but i still like watching :) it's still early, too.

the olympics should be fun though.

Honestly, I don't mind losing. Sure, it'd be nice to win, but my problem with watching the Leafs this year is that it's just terrible to sit through. Even when they were winning I was more annoyed with how they were playing than celebrating the wins and goals. I don't think I've seen a game in over a month at this point just because of how much I'm tempted to simply shrug my shoulders at what's going on. The collapse in game 7 last year and now this? Puh-lease...

The Red Wings and Leafs don't care about each other at all anymore, so not really. This whole 24/7 series has been pretty much pointless. There's no rivalry. There's no dynamic. It's just two teams.

It's the World Juniors here in Sweden at the moment. QF start tomorrow morning. Should be great as always. Fun to watch, lots of passion and all the talent.

i watched some of the games on the nhl network. it's neat :)

@Synsensa
come on, man :p don't be such a wet blanket !! yes, it's diluted. but it's still nhl hockey and your squad, right ? plus, the leafs won !

You weren't among the 105 000?!

I saw the game on tellie. Not ideal weather, but very nicely done. Decent game too. The Olympics should be fun!

it must've been real tough to slosh through all that.

i thought about trying to go to the one in philly a few years back but balked when i saw the ticket prices. they were astronomical, couple hundred bucks a seat just for nose bleed section. too rich for my blood :) my couch and hd television are better :smug:

I believe the Red Wings is in for some dark ages too. So much issues with Detroit and a squad that can't stay healthy. I hope they cut lose a few players even if their play-off streak comes to an end. Quincey, Cleary, Samuelsson and Bertuzzi shouldn't be on the team next year.

Finland 3-1 Canada
4 minutes left of the second period.

Team Canada 2014 Olympic roster

Jamie Benn (Dallas)
Patrice Bergeron (Boston)
Jeff Carter (Los Angeles)
Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh)
Matt Duchene (Colorado)
Ryan Getzlaf (Anaheim)
Chris Kunitz (Pittsburgh)
Patrick Marleau (San Jose)
Rick Nash (NY Rangers)