NiGHTS: Bug Reports

Slightly more serious bug:

Cavalry cost 700
Rifleman cost 1800

Rifleman should cost considerably less. e.g. Frigate is 300. Cannon 900. Ironclad 600.

Slightly more serious bug:

Cavalry cost 700
Rifleman cost 1800

Rifleman should cost considerably less. e.g. Frigate is 300. Cannon 900. Ironclad 600.

They each actually cost 500 (on standard settings) - as each successive unit of the same type in NiGHTS cost an additional +20% gold/production. This encourages diversifying your forces, and helps balance your armies against the AI's, (who don't usually have the where-with-all to build the latest and greatest units available to them).

Thanks for the info. I'll have to read the other threads b4 I make more of a fool out of myself :)

Medicare doesn't work.

The option, when selected, does not disable it's counterpart in the order policy tree at least late in the game. When I selected it, long long ago, I thought it was working, but unfortunately I don't have a save to go back to for checking.

Medicare doesn't work.

The option, when selected, does not disable it's counterpart in the order policy tree at least late in the game. When I selected it, long long ago, I thought it was working, but unfortunately I don't have a save to go back to for checking.

Hmm - this shouldn't be the case, but I'll look into it as there's a chance a change from v11 got into v10.9 . I'm assuming you deleted your cache and ModUserData contents?

Hmm - this shouldn't be the case, but I'll look into it as there's a chance a change from v11 got into v10.9 . I'm assuming you deleted your cache and ModUserData contents?

I'm usually quite good at remembering that, but checking the time stamps on a couple folders within the directory, it seems likely that I forgot to delete the cache this time. :blush: I recently had to delete a corrupted steam folder with about 500 GB's worth of games off my computer, I suppose one folder was missed.

Looking forward to the next version, I hope you enjoy developing this as much as I do playing, I can't wait for you to get your hands on the source code.

The pagoda building does not grant 3 gold/gem resource (culture bonus is fine).

From the xml:
---
<BuildingType>BUILDING_PAGODA</BuildingType>
<ResourceType>RESOURCE_GOLD</ResourceType>
<YieldType>YIELD_GOLD</YieldType>
---

The pagoda building does not grant 3 gold/gem resource (culture bonus is fine).

From the xml:
---
<BuildingType>BUILDING_PAGODA</BuildingType>
<ResourceType>RESOURCE_GOLD</ResourceType>
<YieldType>YIELD_GOLD</YieldType>
---

Yep - missed that in v10.9. I've already caught it for v11 as I've been going over most buildings in the game and tweaking them slightly, (while in some cases changing their function completely).

And just saw your other message - miss those sometimes. But yes, switching the other three AIGrandStrategy_Flavors to zero and raising the value of AIGRANDSTRATEGY_CONQUEST should result in the AI solely pursuing domination victories. The problem that arises here is that the AI will tend to avoid buildings that don't correlate accordingly, (culture buildings for example). The AI tends to scattershot their build choices to begin with, so changing the other values to "0" could potentially really set them back.

All the technologies show TXT_KEY....etc...I have a brand new computer and updated Civ 5 before I started playing it. It seems like something minor I am doing wrong. Just not sure what.

All the technologies show TXT_KEY....etc...I have a brand new computer and updated Civ 5 before I started playing it. It seems like something minor I am doing wrong. Just not sure what.

This could be a couple of things. First, delete your Civ V cache folder and the contents of your ModUserData folder, then verify the integrity of your cache through steam. Also, make sure you've deleted previous versions of NiGHTS and that you don't have other moss running.

This should solve the problem.

This could be a couple of things. First, delete your Civ V cache folder and the contents of your ModUserData folder, then verify the integrity of your cache through steam. Also, make sure you've deleted previous versions of NiGHTS and that you don't have other moss running.

This should solve the problem.

I did that and now not only will my saved game not load, when I start a new one, it won't let me research anything. Everything is listed as locked..lol..it might be a mod conflict but I'm using the same mods I had before.
I'll try just enabling this one and slowly add each mod to eliminate that problem.

I did that and now not only will my saved game not load, when I start a new one, it won't let me research anything. Everything is listed as locked..lol..it might be a mod conflict but I'm using the same mods I had before.
I'll try just enabling this one and slowly add each mod to eliminate that problem.

Most likely a mod issue then, as NiGHTS only works well with the infoaddict mod. Almost all others will cause bugs to appear.

Most likely a mid issue then, as NiGHTS only works well with the infoaddict mod. Almost all others will cause bugs to appear.

Your mod wins lol..I'd rather play with this one than the others-except the one that offers 12k turns. THAT I love.

And just saw your other message - miss those sometimes. But yes, switching the other three AIGrandStrategy_Flavors to zero and raising the value of AIGRANDSTRATEGY_CONQUEST should result in the AI solely pursuing domination victories. The problem that arises here is that the AI will tend to avoid buildings that don't correlate accordingly, (culture buildings for example). The AI tends to scattershot their build choices to begin with, so changing the other values to "0" could potentially really set them back.

Thx, markus. I am testing this right now with a huge map (22 civs, deity, marathon) and it really makes a difference, the AI settles much more agressivly, CS die like flies (I find them annoying anyway :) and I am under constant pressure. It will be interesting to see how they AI is doing in the long run but for now I like it.

Bug or related to the new patch ?:
I just got a CS quest to build the wonder "Wat Arun" (according to wikipedia this a is a "Buddhist temple (wat) in the Bangkok Yai district of Bangkok") which - to my knowledge - is not part of Vanilla or Nights.

Bug or related to the new patch ?:
I just got a CS quest to build the wonder "Wat Arun" (according to wikipedia this a is a "Buddhist temple (wat) in the Bangkok Yai district of Bangkok") which - to my knowledge - is not part of Vanilla or Nights.

Not a bug, it's unlocked with the democracy tech.

In 10.9, I'm seeing duplicate techs in the "what to research next?" sidebar - not just the same unresearched tech twice, but also techs I've already researched! I do also have 10.7, but it was disabled in the mod-picker when I started my game...

In 10.9, I'm seeing duplicate techs in the "what to research next?" sidebar - not just the same unresearched tech twice, but also techs I've already researched! I do also have 10.7, but it was disabled in the mod-picker when I started my game...

It doesn't matter if it's disabled - unfortunately, previous versions need to be deleted or this bug will occur. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom