Nineteen Twenty-Four [GAME THREAD]

Tesco Polska offers to bid on government factories.

Orders:
Spoiler :

Spend 11 IP on one Air Force
Spend 6 IP on three Public Factories
Move Armies into provinces marked in red:
Spoiler :

Jews and Slavs used as Slave Labor to build Gas Chambers and Furnaces

Fuhrer Adolph Habicht has given orders that the Jews and Slavs on the Concentration Camps shall be used as slave labor to build gas chambers and furnaces. So far, it is unknown why the Government wants those to be build, but many Jews and Slavs believe that those chambers are prepared for them. The Jews and Slavs work like slaves 20 hours every day and are given to eat only a small piece of bread once every day. Hundreds of them have died from exhaustion. Those who refuse to work or are too sick to work, are killed on the spot.

Why did my factory costs go up so much?

Also, that huge stability bonus to rebels in battles is a little OP since they get a huge bonus and the government gets a huge penalty. I know rebellions are supposed to suck, but that bonus for the rebels makes it near impossible for the government. After all, how likely is it that outnumbered paramilitary troops thoroughly rout, with very favorable casualty ratios, a larger and presumably better trained and equipped standing military (better trained and equipped by virtue of being an army and not rebelling from normal every day jobs)?

Why did my factory costs go up so much?

Lost a lot of land and infrastructure relative to the number of factories lost. More factories will built as well, most of which remain in Polish hands.

Also, that huge stability bonus to rebels in battles is a little OP since they get a huge bonus and the government gets a huge penalty. I know rebellions are supposed to suck, but that bonus for the rebels makes it near impossible for the government. After all, how likely is it that outnumbered paramilitary troops thoroughly rout, with very favorable casualty ratios, a larger and presumably better trained and equipped standing military (better trained and equipped by virtue of being an army and not rebelling from normal every day jobs)?

The government gets a huge penalty because governmental forces have extremely mixed loyalties. The Vanguards, however, did not get said penalty. The phrase "collapsing" to describe the stability of Poland wasn't a lighthearted description of the situation in Poland.

The army wasn't larger than the combined paramilitaries of the opposing side, and with the conflicting loyalties and general lack of cohesion in the officer corps on down in the Polish army, all the Polish army served to do was delay an even more costly Polish lost.

The paramilitaries aren't green boys off the farm. The paramilitaries largely recruit veterans of the Great War. Paramilitaries cost maintenance, and so are being paid and/or otherwise supplied. The Polish Republic, on account of its low stability compounded by the dozens of different nationalist groups and general weakness of the central government never was able to curb the availability of arms to the paramilitaries, especially in light of vast numbers of Great War weapons used by the Austro-Hungarian, Balkan, and Russian armies flowing around the country. The fact the number of combined paramilitary organizations operating in Poland outnumbered the 1924 Polish Army by 2:1 was a recipe for disaster that, at best, could've been delayed one more year before a civil war broke out.

For the record, had the paramilitaries had been doing something odd, such as crossing the border to attack German military positions, then yes, the paramilitaries would've faced a stiff penalty (the penalty the Polish government troops would've been facing). The other reason low stability helps paramilitaries within the country is because of widespread anti-government sentiment and the ease to hide, move, and fight amongst a somewhat friendly population.

Brazil denounces the Danube Reich's Concentration Camps
My friends and countrymen,
Earlier today, the Danube Reich announced the use of Jews and Slavs in the building of gas furnaces in concentration camps, in violation of the Geneva Conventions and the unalienable rights of any man. This must be stopped. Brazil calls upon every nation that can call itself civilized to sanction the regime until all detained people are freed and compensated. Also, Brazil is proud and happy to offer asylum for any and all peoples who emigrate from the Danube Reich to escape from their wanton violations of basic civil liberties. We give an ultimatum of one year (this turn) to deconstruct the camps and free the prisoners. Otherwise, Brazil will recall our ambassadors, cease all diplomatic relations and recognize the Communist Party as the official Danube Reich.
-Foreign Secretary Jorge de Riviera

Military/Expansion orders lock tomorrow evening.

So uhhh... am I completely screwed since I don't have spending points...

A Few Balance Changes

-Paramilitaries can no longer rise up like Rebel groups. Paramilitaries instead will try for coups, as well as normal street action against other paramilitaries. Coup success does not take military technology into account.

-Rebel groups that are not in an active state of revolt no longer need to pay maintenance on armies (this change takes effect beginning next turn).

A Few Balance Changes

-Paramilitaries can no longer rise up like Rebel groups. Paramilitaries instead will try for coups, as well as normal street action against other paramilitaries. Coup success does not take military technology into account.

-Rebel groups that are not in an active state of revolt no longer need to pay maintenance on armies (this change takes effect beginning next turn).

So does this mean the Hellfire and Phoenix paramilitaries no longer have armies in the field against me? Or is that already an open rebellion?

Those paramilitaries converted partially to the rebel organization operating within your country and mostly to field the standing army of the Rev. Poland government already.

Expansion/military orders locked. Full lock tomorrow.

Sorry, been busy.

Assume all armies and Vanguard paramilities (if they still exist) are driving into the center of Revolutionary Poland to split their lands into two isolated areas.

Use espionage to increase stability in the country.

Using my 19 spendable and 11 of my savings, create 6 new armies.

Put a bounty on the head of any Hellfire or Phoenix party members who can be confirmed as have taken up arms against the government and therefore becoming rebels, with an added bonus on any leaders of the parties. Use 2 ducats (for lack of a better currency term, which I not believe has been given) from savings in order to fund this bounty and ensure the loyalty of those who aid the government.

I'm afraid I must drop as well.

With end of semester (and corresponding assessment) and final graduation for my degree coming up things are getting exhausting, the result being I'm not feeling that "investment" in the IOT which makes one inclined to really participate and get involved (and that's not fair really on other players).

Top Bottom