Rescaled Latitude Limits modmod + No Latitude/Longitude Limits modmod

raxo2222

Time Traveller
No latitude/longitude modmod removes latitude restrictions on resource generation, building placement and animal spawning.
Also it removes longitude restrictions on animal spawning.
It is effectively compatibility patch for space maps and weird climate maps (hot poles and cold equator, whole planet being jungle or tundra).
Just extract it directly in Caveman2Cosmos folder.

Buildings are in Assets/Modules and Assets/XML/Buildings folder.
Animals are in Assets/XML/Units folder.
Resources are in Assets/XML/Terrain folder.

There will be version of my modmods for V43 - SVN 11538 (V43.... modmods).
I uploaded modmods for SVN 11552
SVN version of modmod is incompatible with earlier SVN.
You must have latest SVN to play with SVN version.

This modmod may speed up research in early game era as you can get more animals to get more myths.

Added rescaled latitude limits for Kation's Standard Solar System map and Snofru's Standard/Large space maps.
Instead of latitudes spanning from -90 to 90 we have latitudes spanning from -14 to 14.
Latitude entries are rescaled in such way, that lowest value is -14 and highest one is 14 instead of 90.
Longitudes have original limits.
Rescaled version is compatible with Standard and Large space maps

You can extract original latitude/longitude limits to restore them.
Added original latitudes/longitudes for easy reverting files - that is backup.

Attachments

• V43 No Longitude and Latitude Limits.rar
    256.6 KB · Views: 263
  • V43 Original Latitude Longitude Limits.rar
    258.2 KB · Views: 126
  • V43 Rescaled Latitude Limits.rar
    258.1 KB · Views: 342
  • SVN No Longitude and Latitude Limits.rar
    261.1 KB · Views: 144
  • SVN Original Latitude Longitude Limits.rar
    262.8 KB · Views: 78
  • SVN Rescaled Latitude Limits.rar
    262.7 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
The Herd-Muskox (minimum latitude of 30 degrees) still cannot be built by a subdued musk ox.
Fur farm also slipped.

Fixed both of them, others are fine.
Both of them were in zAnimals building info.

Interesting side effect is that prehistoric era research is faster, as you have much larger animal diversity and resulting increased amount of animal "buildings"
@Dancing Hoskuld how many animals exist in game?

Interesting side effect is that prehistoric era research is faster, as you have much larger animal diversity and resulting increased amount of animal "buildings"
@Dancing Hoskuld how many animals exist in game?
Over 550 at last count. Yes having no map region restrictions will break :science: and some planed Realism Invictus style Traditions and Doctrines.

Over 550 at last count. Yes having no map region restrictions will break :science: and some planed Realism Invictus style Traditions and Doctrines.
This effect is most visible in Prehistoric era.
Also if you are playing on spacemap then you most likely you want to reach second part of game as fast as possible to play Pepper- Kerbal Space Program here :p

This needs to be updated for SVN 10108.
I know, I think I should remake it from scratch - all files in this modmod probably were changed except for AnimalSpawns.

Last edited:
Due to combatibility with me remodding some of those files, I went and applied something similar for playing on a vertical space map (standard solar system, where animal spawns are even more broken than vertical VirticalSolar). For others that want to do the same, you can run the following search and replace command on the required files with notepad++ (with the regular expression option):
Code:
search: (<bLatitudeAbs>.+</bLatitudeAbs>)|(<iMinLatitude>.+</iMinLatitude>)|(<iMaxLatitude>.+</iMaxLatitude>)
replace: <!-- $0 -->
you could also change the replace to:
Code:
search: (<bLatitudeAbs>.+</bLatitudeAbs>)|(<iMinLatitude>.+</iMinLatitude>)|(<iMaxLatitude>.+</iMaxLatitude>)
replace: <!--tag="noLatPreq" $0 -->
As this allows you to selectively remove it by doing a search and replace on:
Code:
search: <!-- tag="noLatPreq" (.+) -->
replace: $1

I already included animal spawns file with commented out latitude and longitude entries.

Are you going to update for 10122?

Thank you.

Updated to SVN 10141

It appears commented out locusts doesn't play well with this modmod (causes errors with spawn infos).

Will this work for 10145?

It appears I had one file missing with one animal in module.
Updated No latitude limits.

Also I added rescaled latitude limits modmod.
In this modmod longitude limits are here, and latitude limits are rescaled to fit Earth on Standard Solar System map.
You need to start new game on updated Standard Solar System map to use this modmod.
This modmod is unsuitable for generated maps and for other space maps.
Map in SVN already is updated.

If using one from forum, then change bottom latitude value to -14.

Last edited:
Top Bottom