Problems with Latitude/Longitude Modmod

Webster52402

Chieftain
So, it's highly likely that I'm simply missing something obvious here, but when I go to install the No Latitude/Longitude modmod, I am no longer able to launch C2C. Instead I get a suite of XML errors pointing at the various 'Infos' XMLs saying that tags are incorrect, followed by C2C failing entirely.

Without the modmod, C2C runs just fine. I can load it up and play at my leisure, nice and stable. I'm doing so through Steam, using the latest SVN update. I made sure to grab the SVN 1140+ version of said Latitude modmod as a result, but it still throws up those errors when loading. Which is frustrating, as I like the Space maps of Kation and Snofru quite a bit and being unable to spawn all the animals or being unable to make the Fur Farm etc. on them as a result is quite the annoyance.

What is it I'm missing? Is there some step I failed to follow? I'm at a loss.

I just started a new game with the current SVN, the SVN 11240+ No Longitude and Lattitude Limit modmod and one of my large spacemaps and I didn't see the issues you are seeing, everything runs fine for at least a few turns. I would suggest to completely delete your Caveman2Cosmos folder and copy a fresh SVN version into it with the Rescaled Lattitude modmod. At least that's how I did it...

Just did so; Fresh C2C install, updated to latest SVN, everything works fine. Take Rescaled Lat/Longitude, extract it into C2Cs folder like instructed, bam. No longer loads up. This is the result whenever the loadup reaches 'Initializing XML' stage, every time.
Screenshot.png

Not just that XML error, either. It goes through several dozen of them, I have to hold Enter down for a full 30 seconds to get through them all before the loadup seizes and dies.

Just did so; Fresh C2C install, updated to latest SVN, everything works fine. Take Rescaled Lat/Longitude, extract it into C2Cs folder like instructed, bam. No longer loads up. This is the result whenever the loadup reaches 'Initializing XML' stage, every time. View attachment 575938

Not just that XML error, either. It goes through several dozen of them, I have to hold Enter down for a full 30 seconds to get through them all before the loadup seizes and dies.
You used wrong version of my mod.
Use one for latest SVN, not for V40.1

I have. Your latest version is the 11240+ SVN release, yes? That is precisely the version that I have put in place. That is still the end result.

I have. Your latest version is the 11240+ SVN release, yes? That is precisely the version that I have put in place. That is still the end result.
I guess it needs update then.

Last edited:
Seems like you screwed up your game install somehow...
Don't extract one mod version on top of another

Weird, bonusinfos file is up to date....
So yes, you messed up somewhere.

Last edited:
I wouldn't know how I did that; given that I always completely deleted the C2C folder and extracted SVN into the new folder to replace C2C. However, I will say that when I stepped up to V41 and subsequent SVN update that the issue went away... So... Shrug? Despite me doing said process the exact same way I did the previous version. :lol:

Regardless, the problem seems to have fixed itself and now I have animals of all kinds crawling all over my poor cavemen (Curse you, Haast Eagles, why you always eat my poor Chasers?) so all good on my side. Still no idea how that came about.

I wouldn't know how I did that; given that I always completely deleted the C2C folder and extracted SVN into the new folder to replace C2C. However, I will say that when I stepped up to V41 and subsequent SVN update that the issue went away... So... Shrug? Despite me doing said process the exact same way I did the previous version. :lol:

Regardless, the problem seems to have fixed itself and now I have animals of all kinds crawling all over my poor cavemen (Curse you, Haast Eagles, why you always eat my poor Chasers?) so all good on my side. Still no idea how that came about.
I guess this mod is haunted ;)

Top Bottom