No right click

markovnikov

Chieftain
Since the patch, I can't right click ingame anymore. This means I can't choose to put off choosing new policy or promoting troops. The game I'm playing was started before the patch btw. Anyone else getting this?

Are you sure it's all right clicking? These patch notes might be the source of your problem:
- Promotions must be picked the turn they're earned.
- Players must now always adopt Policies immediately, and cannot defer picking until later

Are you sure it's all right clicking? These patch notes might be the source of your problem:
- Promotions must be picked the turn they're earned.
- Players must now always adopt Policies immediately, and cannot defer picking until later

Thanks for the answer.

I didn't catch the patch notes, but what you've said must be the reason. Right-click certainly does work, it just does nothing in those circumstances.

At first I thought it was kind of annoying that you had to use the promotions and policies straight away, but thinking about it, it makes sense. Just not what I was used to I guess.

I would guess all bets are off if you are trying to play a game you started before the last patch. Changes in the game rules are unlikely to be dealt with 100% correctly on an old save, and it is only a transition issue.

I'm not sure about promotions, but in the advanced game settings you can have the game allow you to save social policies. Personally, I've found it's a better game using Tradition on those early policies, getting the capitol boosted, wonder bonus and eventually the culture expansion bonus have me hoping for a couple bonus culture shots from ruins in the early game. My favorite use to be adding the population, but now I'd rather get that bonus later when the capitol is at Pop.4 than Pop.2.

The new patch really screwed up older game saves. I have mentioned in another thread that my Branderburg Gate became a Porcelain Tower (while a Porcelain Tower that I was building went right on being built). Another thing that was very dismaying was that the first thing that happened when my old game progressed by one turn, was that I was denounced and SUDDENLY, I went from 60+ happiness to -60 or so. Egad that was scary. Old games don't do too well under the new patch.

Top Bottom