No Treasure for Pirates

Finished doing the running around to add the two units last night. Trying to figure out what the stats should look like.

Defacto I added you in as France, thanks for that by-the-way.
Post #1 updated

Do any of you know a good "English" Treasure Hunter?

This game is going to be scary epic, I can feel it.

I am waiting to play.
I downloaded the MOD. I will play fairly. :lol:
I hope not to create confusion while I play my turn. :D

Hello everyone, summer time is a busy time for everyone to be sure and it is nearly over here in the States. I've tried to get help with this mod in the pedia department but have gotten nowhere so I'd like to launch this as it is on 10/1 or sooner if interested. I have played many turns as the Swashbucklers and have enjoyed the RICH posibilities of this game.

A note, while playing you turn you should not enter the civilopedia for fear game game will crash or become corrupt. In this case if it is need to be viewed do it in a single player version. The other thing is that I can't be certain that every aspect of the game otherwise works. But I'm sure the game play will far out weigh any bumps dow the road that might occur.

A special note, when I first discovered this and started playing around with it, it inspired me to actually write a Novel of this Era, this subject and this Swashbuckler character. Its present state is far beyond just a idea and has matured to a well defind outline and timeline, with some really serious characters.

So if thar be any of ye Landlubbers want to set sail ol' Captain Black Jack Henry Greaves just post yours captains name here after. Arrrr!!!

since it is now officially, TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY, ill mark meself as Ol' Whitey Pegleg, also known to his mates as Peggy Lee.
you can find more info HERE

and ill leave you with an anthem; Johnny Guitar

Aye matie she put s da wind in my sails don't cha know, just wanna pick up thee Ol' strummer and make all the lassies croon.
And this is a link to whom my characters name is derived
So me and the Lads wer thinken, thee see no reason to find a sutler, there be plenty o' provision aft we set sail Aye

Hi Eclipse,
I'd like to join. I didn't have time yet to look at this scenario, so just give me any nation that you think will fit my style...

Another question: are the two files that are attached to the first post, the only things I need to download? Or do I need anything else, e.g. againsttheflow's latest patches, etc?

How about preparing one single zip file that everybody can install before we start, so we are sure that we are all playing with the same version and no one is missing this or that critical patch?

This really looks like a lot of fun!

Lanzelot

Hi Lanzelot consider yourself in and thanks for your interest. As far As I know this scenario hasn't been play under pbem conditions, I'm willing to bet every person that d/l it enjoyed how rich the SP game really is. But throw in inteligent people and this game will be far above epic.

You'll need the pedicon from post #1 but some work was completed making it just a bit better than the available version.

The main files you'll need is here
The installation instructions are there as well. After a good install which was tricky apply the new pedicon to replace the old.

Again I have to say the game is incomplete in the civilpedia department and opening within the game crashes it. So to fix that just open it if you need any information that might be present in a single player game that way a long pbem turn wont be wasted, that would make anybody mad.

But the mechanics and balance of the game itself is a masterpiece and stable.

The other file here in post #1 is unimportant to the game, its just pirate music you would play in the background using WMPlayer

I haven't been very active here because the summer, vacations etc tend to kill games. as you can see from the last few posts here some players are still here patiently waiting the other 2 players haven't been heard from, so France and/or Britian are available. Both are very unique and you should load each of them up in a single player mode to see which fits your liking.

I would like to set the Netherlands as a human player as well, I tried to but I must have missed something and it didn't work so it is beyond my ability to do it myself.

a true NIGHTMERE would be to set the Undead to player control because of thier giant strength and armour and who knows where an undead ai would send it's ships but a human, well that would be scary!!!

I are very happy today to report that Lanzelot has taken the Netherlands and that this will finally launch!!!

The first thing to mention is that it hadn't launched earlier because the summer began and busy schedules are common during these times and

and I've always believed that a game launched anytime within the year always had a chance of failing due to dropping players, so I believe after all this time you guys are all here!!

I have posted this thread for some minor assistance and because the modding community is so active I believe that someone here will respond to our need. clicking here will show you just what that is but if know responds within a few days we will play "as is"

Currently the games core is stable and definitely playable it is if you desire to enter the civleopedia when the game crashes, The balance of each player's civ is very well done and hopefully by now you have tried it out to see the differences between this game and a standard game. One notable thing here is that these ships have very high hit points and damage rates so a ship-to-ship battle is like nothing I've seen in any other civ game.

And the last most important note, This will be a very long game, it is set to a maximum turn of 1000 giving it the longest game I've ever seen but surely depending on the amount of treasures you successfully ship to Europe and how other factors of the game unfold how long the game actually lasts.

OK I'm glad to see that we are all still here!!! This one is going to be a good one.

OK, downloaded the files and took a quick look at what you have. YOU HAVE SOME MAJOR Problems here. The pediaIcon file needs a lot work. There are error in Biq that need fixing. That needs to be done before I can even look at the rest. I will work on the text file first then the Biq file. Give me a few days and I will get back to you. The good news is, it CAN be fixed.

Excellent!!

In addition if possible make all leaders playable, I have an idea that once this gets going a major desire to play it could ocur so leaders such as the limited Undead could be controlled by a human as well without giving them more than they already have.

I wish I had asked for help long ago

Thanks again!!!

Top Bottom