Nominations for Term 4 Designated Players

Swissempire

Poet Jester
This is the DP nomination thread:goodjob:

I nominate Bengeance, Whomp and DaveShack.

/I would nominate Tubby..but I know he said he is busy with the upcoming arrival.

I will self-nominate and accept. I figure I can give this whole TC-holding thing a shot. ;)

robboo said:
I would nominate Tubby..but I know he said he is busy with the upcoming arrival
yup, I'm not available for DP for a couple of months.

I will accept the nomination for turnplayer.

DaveShack said:
I accept, and nominate Ravensfire, Chill, and Donsig (don't remember if he has [civ4]).

Thank you, but I must decline due to performance issues.

-- Ravensfire

Dear Candidate,

(Please note that my status for asking this is unappointed, unelected, unconfirmed, unapproved, un-JR'd and uncoordinated).

Some members of the Idiots Partee would like to ask:

Section A (please answer both questions)
A1. What is your favourite beverage and snack?
A2. What's the weirdest color you have ever seen come out of your body? (Marks will be deducted for ANY explanation whatsoever)

Section B (please answer one or more questions)
B1. "Religion, politics and war are inevitably linked throughout human history." Discuss this statement with reference to the Civ IV game mechanics and your personal philosophy on life in no more than 5 words. You get a bonus mark if one of those words is 'fedora'.
B2. Discuss the evil doers of Scooby Do, the original series in no more than 10 words. Compare and contrast their motives with those of Joseph McCarthy and Yosef Stalin.
B3. In ten words or less, are the Idiots a result of nature or nurture?

Thank you

Section A (please answer both questions)
A1. What is your favourite beverage and snack?
Answer: Water (because it goes w/ everything) and Nacho Cheese Doritos
A2. What's the weirdest color you have ever seen come out of your body? (Marks will be deducted for ANY explanation whatsoever)
Answer: Pink.

Section B (please answer one or more questions)
B1. "Religion, politics and war are inevitably linked throughout human history." Discuss this statement with reference to the Civ IV game mechanics and your personal philosophy on life in no more than 5 words. You get a bonus mark if one of those words is 'fedora'.
Answer: The MOB wears fedoras. http://mob.rice.edu ;)

I'd like to ask next term's DPs to consider a couple of things:

- we seem to have settled on the Turnchat thread as the way of summarising the TC and this seems to work quite well. However, I think it would be good to make in a post in the Summary TC thread as well. I've just been reading a post by a new DGer who assumed we hadn't played a TC since Feb based on the evidence of that thread.

I'm not advocating duplicating stuff - the following would work for me: "Turnchat played on <Real Life date> up to <DG date>. Details here <link>"

- I think almost all DPs are good at posting screenshots. I would like to ask that when you post them you do it with tile grid, tile yield and resources turned on. I appreciate that not everyone likes playing like that, but it makes a big difference if you are looking at the screenshots without a copy of the program to hand.

Would potential DPs have objections to these points?

Nominations Closed

Top Bottom