1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Non functional game after cycling through turn

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Macintosh' started by deyman299269, Nov 16, 2013.

1. deyman299269

deyman299269 Chieftain

Playing on a 2006 Intel Core II duo Mac OSX 10.7.5. Had pulled down a map from here called Europe 240X220. I buzzing through my game and at about 1620AD when the program cycled at the end of a turn it came back to where the units were moving (workers working etc) but the message in the info panel still said Please Wait like it was still cycling. However, I could save, look at my cities etc but I could not move units. I could not quit either I had to Force Quit. At this point this game database is obviously corrupted and I could go back a few turns but has anyone else experienced this? Rather maddening and I am afraid if I go back a few turns the same thing will happen.
    Thanks.

2. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Hi, welcome :wavey:

If you want to attach your faulty save to a post here, I can have a look at it. If it loads in my copy of C3C, that will tell us it may be a problem with your C3C installation. If it fails for me as well, I do have some tools to look at the save to see if I can spot the corruption in the save.

Click "Go Advanced" below the Quick Reply window to see a "Manage Attachments" option where you can upload a file to a new post.

3. deyman299269

deyman299269 Chieftain

Thanks Alan

Attached Files:

4. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

OK. I get the same result as you. But it works fine in C3C for Windows. So I think you have hit a bug in the Mac version of the C3C software.

I tried saving the next turn from Windows, and loading that on the Mac version, but it produced the same result. I suspect you may have exceeded some invisible limit in the Mac version - on city count, or some other parameter.

I *think* your options are to complete the game in Windows, or to abandon it. However, it's also possible that, if you were to play again from a save a few turns old, you would certainly play a bit differently, and you might not trigger whatever bug you have hit with this save.

5. deyman299269

deyman299269 Chieftain

Thanks for looking into it. I have actually had similar things happen with other pre-made maps so it is map dependent. I did try earlier saves and had the same result on the same date--1620AD. Such is life.
    Thanks again