Non functional game after cycling through turn

deyman299269

Chieftain
Playing on a 2006 Intel Core II duo Mac OSX 10.7.5. Had pulled down a map from here called Europe 240X220. I buzzing through my game and at about 1620AD when the program cycled at the end of a turn it came back to where the units were moving (workers working etc) but the message in the info panel still said Please Wait like it was still cycling. However, I could save, look at my cities etc but I could not move units. I could not quit either I had to Force Quit. At this point this game database is obviously corrupted and I could go back a few turns but has anyone else experienced this? Rather maddening and I am afraid if I go back a few turns the same thing will happen.
Thanks.

Hi, welcome :wavey:

If you want to attach your faulty save to a post here, I can have a look at it. If it loads in my copy of C3C, that will tell us it may be a problem with your C3C installation. If it fails for me as well, I do have some tools to look at the save to see if I can spot the corruption in the save.

Click "Go Advanced" below the Quick Reply window to see a "Manage Attachments" option where you can upload a file to a new post.

OK. I get the same result as you. But it works fine in C3C for Windows. So I think you have hit a bug in the Mac version of the C3C software.

I tried saving the next turn from Windows, and loading that on the Mac version, but it produced the same result. I suspect you may have exceeded some invisible limit in the Mac version - on city count, or some other parameter.

I *think* your options are to complete the game in Windows, or to abandon it. However, it's also possible that, if you were to play again from a save a few turns old, you would certainly play a bit differently, and you might not trigger whatever bug you have hit with this save.

Thanks for looking into it. I have actually had similar things happen with other pre-made maps so it is map dependent. I did try earlier saves and had the same result on the same date--1620AD. Such is life.
Thanks again

Top Bottom