Non-spell icons

Well I started researching before the idea of actually asking even occurred, so if you want more just say so. Art browsing is sort of addicting. :p

I consider myself a decent icon-maker and vector artist, and would like to help out in whatever small way I can. This thread seemed like the most fitting place to post. If it is not, my apologies. In any case, it appears that you're most in need of alpha icons - if something else is needed more urgently, please say so. I guess what I mean to say is - how can I help? =)

@Kiang,

We can only use the "white" style icons since civ colors are determined dynamically in Éa. I've attached the civsymbolswhite128_expansion.png file below. (It's converted to png because game uses the weird "index dds" format.) You can provide finished dds atlases at all sizes or just give me a master 128 file in any format.

We have just over 70 civs listed in Manual. They all have some theme which should be pretty clear from each civ's traits. Don't feel pressure to do all 70. Any number will be helpful.

Attachments

• civsymbolswhite128_expansion.png
    civsymbolswhite128_expansion.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 194
@Pazyryk:

Sorry it's taken me a while to respond! I will definitely try and get a few symbols done sometime this week, and will post them back here when I have them done. l'd be most comfortable working in 1024x1024 atlases in the dds format, if that's fine by you. =)

OK Paz, I found this beautiful model online and decided to try and make an icon from it - so if you ever need something like a dragon's den improvement, this is your icon:

And the associated action icons:

Do you want these kinds of icons for your wonder improvements too? Or are you fine with the existing icons?

Attachments

• Improvement_Dragon.png
    Improvement_Dragon.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 327
  • UnitAction_Dragon.png
    UnitAction_Dragon.png
    5 KB · Views: 381
  • UnitAction_DragonGold.png
    UnitAction_DragonGold.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 360
Top Bottom