Noob looking for noob gaming buddies

There are more people wishing to try out than I'd have thought :)
Well, I've contacted some of you. At the moment I doubt I can involve in more than one game though.

Anyone would be up for a succession game?
It would be faster to play and would allow us to learn from each others.
Beware though, I like to learn by mistakes :lol:

Well, I guess I'm a bit late, but I'm interested. I've only been in two half-games so far, so that's sort of noobish, I guess.

Hey guys... I'm new to this multiplayer thing. Can anyone give me a quick run down on how PBEM works and what is Pitboss?

I need to learn now because I am doing research study on personality of Civ players and business students. Basically I'll get a bunch of people playing and have them fill out an online survey. I'll need the game results with all the stats.

Thanks a bunch!

PBEM is played like a regular email game. You play your turn then send the mail to the next player in queue.

Pitboss is a "server" that runs 24h/24 where everyone needs to connect and play their turn, rather than send the save file to each person.
It allows people to play simultaneously without and need to follow a turn order.
You can also set the pitboss server so it closes the turn after X hours even if not all player did play. The queued orders of the player are executed but that's all.

Hope it helped.

Hey all, longtime Civ fan here and looking forward to a 1.74 plain vanilla CIV4 game by email. Never done one before, and I think email would be cool. East coast USA, and I'll make my moves in the evening, home nearly every night. contact me if you like...

fl3yd at verizon dotnet

I've started a PBEM game with 4 other people. At the moment I don't have enough time to play another game. But I'm sure some others will contact you.

i am interested too, i mean PBEM BTS, i prefer play without AI, monarch+, normal+, barbarians+, normal size+
just gather all of us (who is interested) and make a game to for example 8 players, without AI
my email is: grzybczyk.kamil@gmail.com i am waitng for more instructions :)

I'm absolutely fiending for a PBEM game:crazyeye:

Are there of you still floating around that haven't gotten one going yet and are still interested in doing so?

Well, I have two going now, but I'm up for a third - it just needs to be vanilla.

cool with me.
do you have a preferred number of players/favorite civ/ map, etc?
I'm pretty flexible.

4 players - much more would take forever.
Civ - I'm fond of Elizabeth now, since I'm trying to get the hybrid strat down.
Map - fractal, although I'm very open on that one.

heck, yeah.
welcome :)
I'd even be down with doing it with just the 3 of us.

As for maps, I'd like an Archipelago-ish, island-y map. But I'm not gonna be hard nosed about it. :crazyeye:

As for civs, I'd like to rock Ragnar or Hannibal, methinks.

Hmm, I thought you needed Vanilla only :)

BtS has some good points though, but myself I stick to Vanilla for now until I get a better grip of some aspects of the game. Since BtS adds a whole new layer of things. Vassals, colonies (with prohibitive costs of distant towns) and that kind of things.

Well, I'm personally only running vanilla, yes.

I've decided to just wait it out for the next release.

sorry for not replying sooner! been out of the loop for a few days:crazyeye:

I'm ok with a vanilla game. no prob.:)

in which case my choice would be....Ghandi of the Indians.

Top Bottom