[GS] Norway in GS

I also wish the berserker had a different ability. It would have a command button, "berzerk." Once you press it, the unit gets +20 combat strength, +2 movement, and can attack multiple times per turn, but automatically dies 10 turns later, +1 turn of survival for each unit it kills.

Just reading that made me thought of a command button to consume extra strategic resources to give units a boost. Maybe can apply to more units. I'd furthermore give Norway the ability to steal strategic resources and/or gain strategic resources from trade routes.

When GS comes out im going to make a mod that gives them +1 trade route upon researching shipbuilding and coastal cities founded on foreign continents start with a monument.

I think this will represent their history as traders and settlers giving somthing a little extra to their playstyle without being overpowered

I think people are underestimating the impact of powered pillaging and increased relevance of naval control.

I believe Norway got indirectly buffed. So did Georgia with regards to the new diplomatic mechanics. It's not immediately obvious, but it will be on launch.

I'd be happy with Norway being able to pillage without war but incur some grievances.

Pillage a nearby civ till you get asked to stop. Take the diplomatic favor and move to the next civ.

so I have Gathering Storm, and Rise and Fall. . . playing pure vanilla, why can't my longboats pillage or rest/repair in open water?

so I have Gathering Storm, and Rise and Fall. . . playing pure vanilla, why can't my longboats pillage or rest/repair in open water?

Because the below leader abilities are not in the vanilla game... nor the R&F game

<!--Norway-->
<Row>
<ModifierId>TRAIT_LEADER_PILLAGE_SCIENCE_MINES</ModifierId>
<ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_ADJUST_ADDITIONAL_PILLAGING</ModifierType>
</Row>
<Row>
<ModifierId>TRAIT_LEADER_PILLAGE_CULTURE_QUARRIES</ModifierId>
</Row>
<Row>
<ModifierId>TRAIT_LEADER_PILLAGE_CULTURE_PLANTATIONS</ModifierId>
</Row>
<Row>
<ModifierId>TRAIT_LEADER_PILLAGE_CULTURE_PASTURES</ModifierId>
</Row>
<Row>
<ModifierId>TRAIT_LEADER_PILLAGE_CULTURE_CAMPS</ModifierId>
</Row>

Forgive me, but if it isn't Vanilla then why is it mentioned in all the forums and wiki?

Because the below leader abilities are not in the vanilla game... nor the R&F game

<!--Norway-->
<Row>
<ModifierId>TRAIT_LEADER_PILLAGE_SCIENCE_MINES</ModifierId>
</Row>
<Row>
<ModifierId>TRAIT_LEADER_PILLAGE_CULTURE_QUARRIES</ModifierId>
</Row>
<Row>
<ModifierId>TRAIT_LEADER_PILLAGE_CULTURE_PLANTATIONS</ModifierId>
</Row>
<Row>
<ModifierId>TRAIT_LEADER_PILLAGE_CULTURE_PASTURES</ModifierId>
</Row>
<Row>
<ModifierId>TRAIT_LEADER_PILLAGE_CULTURE_CAMPS</ModifierId>
</Row>

Forgive me, but if it isn't Vanilla then why is it mentioned in all the forums and wiki?
I dunno, I was looking up xml for someone else and just quickly checked.
In the original vanilla pillaging was not a big thing, then they changed it in R&F and was a bit OP. Then they toned it down in GS but kept norway good on it so just assume that’s why it is not so in vanilla... I did check his abilities were specifically specified in the GS files.
You want me to start a vanilla game to check? Do you have any mods installed? If not can you post a save here? I think you are probably right he should be able to pillage.

Thanks.

I did try vanilla and confirmed that I can only pillage villages and harbours. I also can only repair in friendly territory, not in open water. .

Yeah was just checking the longship in the vanilla files, could not find those things there, nor in leader file

<Row UnitType="UNIT_NORWEGIAN_LONGSHIP" Cost="65" Maintenance="1" BaseMoves="3" BaseSightRange="2" ZoneOfControl="true" Domain="DOMAIN_SEA" Combat="35" FormationClass="FORMATION_CLASS_NAVAL" PromotionClass="PROMOTION_CLASS_NAVAL_MELEE" AdvisorType="ADVISOR_CONQUEST" Name="LOC_UNIT_NORWEGIAN_LONGSHIP_NAME" Description="LOC_UNIT_NORWEGIAN_LONGSHIP_DESCRIPTION" PurchaseYield="YIELD_GOLD" PseudoYieldType="PSEUDOYIELD_UNIT_NAVAL_COMBAT" MandatoryObsoleteTech="TECH_ELECTRICITY" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_UNIT_NORWEGIAN_LONGSHIP" PrereqTech="TECH_SAILING"/>

LOL, so what am I missing? There's even a video on YouTube showing the Longships doing this.

I just bought Frontier Pass - maybe that is where the "upgrade," is?

I just bought Frontier Pass - maybe that is where the "upgrade," is?
No, it should be in Gathering Storm, you said originally you could not pillage/repair in vanilla... are you now saying you cannot in GS either? in this case a save without mods would be useful to check... I certainly can

Apologies, I'm new to this forum. I assumed official DLC was still vanilla.

Yes, I have Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm, Frontier Pass and all other DLC's.

Where folks talk about "vanilla" they mean the current version of the base game, as updated with Firaxis official patches, but excluding all DLCs and expansions. Talking about a "GS" game or "R&F" game, of course, refers to a game with those expansions enabled. And when they refer to the "game" generally, they usually mean the game with all Firaxis DLC, expansions and patches enabled, but excluding non-Firaxis content (private mods and map scripts). In fact, the most frequent source of confusion about wonky game behavior comes from people who are playing a modded game (where some combination of mods may not be "playing nice") but have not stated in their post that they are playing with mods.

Apologies, I'm new to this forum. I assumed official DLC was still vanilla.
No need to apologise, you are welcome here and its a nice friendly forum. I just try to help.
So... you cannot raid using a normal game? As in with Gathering storm ruleset?
upload_2020-6-22_15-43-19.png

Correct - GS game-play. I have disabled all mods. . . I still can not get my Longboats to Pillage or repair.

I thought those were Harald abilities rather than Longship abilities?

Top Bottom