1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NOT ANOTHER STONE AGE MOD ... for BTS 3.17

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by The_Triturador, Oct 10, 2008.

1. NonPrayinMantis

NonPrayinMantis Warlord

Hola Triturador!

I just downloaded the new version to test and I have a problem with it. Barbarian spawn events in your mod are too strong.

I started the game normally as I have done in the past, and after a little while of exploring around my only city, I had the three warrior spawn event occur when I had noone in my city. I reloaded from save and moved my units there earlier to defend (at this time I had 1 slinger and 1 warrior) and I held them off.

Later on in the game I returned my lone warrior (the same one I started with) back to the city after a hunting expedition. I had a slinger there and a hunter. This was practically all I was able to build at the time. Then I have another random barb spawn and 4 barb spearmen show up right next to my city. The first one kills my slinger (my city was on a hill, no less) and then I quickly lose my city.

Please either decrease the hammer requirement of early units like warriors and slingers or increase the time before these type of events can occur!

NPM

2. The_Triturador

The_Triturador Warlord

Well ... I'm starting to upgrade the Stone Age Mod to BTS 3.19 :crazyeye:. I'm currently doing some tests with BUG Mod. Hope it will be in the new Stone Age version :) . I've fixed some minor bugs before and considered your posts :D.

Well ... time to work. I would like to have this new version for the end of the weekend :crazyeye:.

3. NonPrayinMantis

NonPrayinMantis Warlord

This would be really nice! It was a little difficult going from using BUG mod to not having that information at hand. Thanks for all your hard work in this mod. :goodjob:

NPM

4. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

So, it's a week later and Stone Age is one of the two mods left that I'm waiting on before upgrading to 3.19 :) (The other is TAM.) Please don't consider this rushing you at all, but I am curious to know how you're getting on :)

5. The_Triturador

The_Triturador Warlord

Hehe ... Yeah, I know it's taking more time than expected. I'm just adding some new stuff that is really different than other things I had done before. Also I'm fixing some bugs I founded, but everything is going well. I think this weekend it will be uploaded :).

BTW: It will have BUG Mod included ;)

6. Arakhor

Woohoo! :) You're my new "I've never met you except through the Internet" best friend :p

7. The_Triturador

The_Triturador Warlord

OK, finally I have uploaded the new version of the Stone Age mod. It is compatible with BTS 3.19 and has been merged with BUG 3.6. I have created a new Thread for it so please, refer to this link from now:

Thank you for your patience :crazyeye: and have fun with it :goodjob:.

8. joe_44850

joe_44850 Chieftain

I am still running 3.17 for a few reasons I won't get into here, but do you still have this mod for version 3.17? The only one I can find is Stone Age 2.58 (I think I need 2.50). THanks.

9. Arakhor

Stone Age 2.5 is definitely the last 3.17 mod. Well done, Triturador!

10. The_Triturador

The_Triturador Warlord

Hello. You can have both 3.17 and 3.19 versions on your PC. You can COPY the "Sid Meier's Civilization 4" folder to any other location. Then if you update your original BTS installation to 3.19, you will have both 3.17 (on the new Civ4 folder) and 3.19 (on the original Civ4 folder). You only have to execute the .EXE from the folder of the BTS version you want to play :).

However, you may not want to do all this, or you can't change your current computer settings/data for some other reasons. I don't think I will make this changes for BTS 3.17. However, I'll upload the 2.50 version (for BTS 3.17) this weekend so you can download it :D.

I personally suggest you to try the 2.58 version. I think the new stuff is cool and makes the early eras more dynamic :crazyeye:.

11. Arakhor

It's almost time to upgrade for me. I'll be sure to try this out when I do :)

12. The_Triturador

The_Triturador Warlord

Stone Age 2.50 has been uploaded. Use this link to download it:

13. The_Triturador

The_Triturador Warlord

I though you had already tried Stone Age 2.58 :rolleyes:. Well ... don't hesitate in telling me your comments and suggestions after testing it ;)

14. Arakhor

I certainly will, never fear :)