NOTW XLV: The DOOM Project

IC: Yeah, mate, you did. And mate, you ain't 'stralian. You're not allowed to use the word mate like that. Besides, it's "Touch a nerve there, did I, mate?", not how you've spelled it, mate.

Sigh.

I heard you Aussies were poorly educated, barely literate in fact, but I thought it was exaggerated. Guess not. I used the word "mate" in that way to emphasise it, and mock your own over-usage of it. Mate. :rolleyes:

Request Denied. We might uncover something else that needs to be unlocked tomorrow.

As much as I agree with the idea, I completely disagree with the idea of any one person deciding everything. You haven't even been voted the 'leader' yet.

End of Day 01

After the your impromptu meeting, you and your teammates decide it's best not to lynch any operative, as the lack of evidence might attract corporate criticism upon mission review.

The vote for a new commander is close, as many of the mercenaries disagree on who's most capable to act in a leadership position. Nonetheless, with the necessity of both mission protocol and danger, Seon is elected commander by a slim margin.

Lynch Vote:

No Lynch (9) -- BigTin, DaveShack, JoanK, johnhughthom, Mat93, Mergle, Seaon, spaceman98, Visorslash
BSmith1068 (2) -- topsecret, Verarde
Visorslash (2) -- NinjaCow64, SouthernKing
DaveShack (1) -- Autolycus
Mergle (1) -- classical_hero
Takhisis (1) -- dcmort93
Verarde (1) -- BSmith1068

Not Voting: choxorn, Takhisis

Commander Vote:

Seon (6) -- BSmith1068, NinjaCow64, Seon, SouthernKing, spaceman98, topsecret
dcmort98 (4) -- Autolycus, BigTin, dcmort98, Mat93
DaveShack (2) -- DaveShack, johnhughthom
choxorn (1) -- Verarde
JoanK (1) -- classical_hero
Verarde (1) -- JoanK
Visorslash (1) -- Visorslash

Not Voting: choxorn, Mergle, Takhisis

Necessary PMs being constructed.
Night will last for 24 hours.
Please do not post in the thread if possible.
PM me your Night Orders, if applicable.

Request denied.

I don't now what I find more amusing, your arrogance or spaceman actually thinking he needs to ask your permission.

You haven't won the vote yet, and even if you do, you are just a figurehead with a casting vote in the event of a tie. Heck you're pretty much just Al Gore.
We are professionals, we all know why we are here, and what our jobs are. I'll not be making any requests, just doing my job as best I can.

I can't wait until this job is over, hate these corporate gigs, full of pansies who can't go to the toilet without written permission from their supervisor...

Well, someone has to be in charge of this mess and it certainly shouldn't be you. We are working toward the same goal here, or at least, we should be. Cooperation is as important to making stuff work as machinery. If a team can't work like clockwork it cannot work at all. If one wheel on an armored vehicle doesn't work, your not going anywhere and your investment is dead, unless the part is replaced. If a bomb has a misstimed timer, it explodes in the owners face. I do not want to be the broken part, you...

OOC: To add to the pointless RP argument...

Chapter ??

As the warning signals echoed faintly across the vessel, you approached the hatch entryway, barely squeezing through the cramped submarine halls. Luckily enough, your equipment would be provided on site, so you didn't need to lug it through these corridors.

You met your fellow operatives near the ladder as the submarine continued to rise. "We're trying to pull this off in less than a minute," you hear one of them say. "You never know which drones will be on the lookout for us."

You chuckled a bit, until you remembered the rumors you've heard: that this submarine is not only nuclear-powered, but also nuclear-armed, with a payload that could level an entire city.

The captain's voice over the intercom announces, "We're at sea level in 10 seconds. Hop out quickly, but don't forget to close the hatch on your way out."

After a tense few seconds, the submarine lurches to a halt. Having reached sea level, the team quickly scurries up the hatch's ladder, squinting in the morning sunlight.

You poke your head out of the vessel and pause just long enough to get your bearings. You see the other boat -- it only looks like a trawler -- and from the looks of it, they coordinated the rendezvous location to the millimeter.

You take your next few steps carefully, avoiding an embarrassing slip on the wet submarine, before you hop onto the nearby boat. You take a look at the old, rough exterior of the vessel before muttering, "They had a dingy pick us up?"

The driver of the boat must have heard you, because he replied, "This is only a dingy on the outside. Take a look down below."

You shrug and shuffle down the steps, opening the rusty door. Before you enter the room below, however, you pause in the doorway:

All along the walls of the room are massive HD televisions, displaying all manners of different channels -- from local business reports to international news stories. There are several computers, accepting and relaying all sorts of different information, and several large servers to hold the data. Even the paint and lighting is different; you notice the room is remarkably well-kept compared to the exterior. Then your eyes set upon the whiteboard, covered in scribbles and babble.

"That's just fake," the driver answers. "We have the armory behind there."

He extends his hand. "Call me Zack," he begins. "Director of the Organization's Africa Department."

Night 01

The operatives split up, to gather as much intel as possible before Night. Considering there was no natural light, they relied entirely on their equipment to keep track of time. Still, exhaustion finally kicked in as they retired for the evening.

The silence of the Night was broken by a terrible echo of gunfire; a series of several quick bursts emanated from the interior of the site before quieting once more.

Though they did not know the source or the reason for that gunfire, they had a new, disconcerting development in their mission:

Mergle passed away!

Spoiler :
He was a BLUFOR Guerrilla!

During the Night, one of the recon teams made an important discovery: Relic #5 has been found!

Day 02 begins now, lasting 48 hours.
Necessary Private Messages shall be sent shortly.
Please allow a few moments for thread information to be updated.

Vote for a lynch target in Bold.
Vote for someone to hold Relic #5 in Orange.
Vote for someone to hold the Vial of Water in Blue

Yaaaay Relics.

I suggest that Dcmort hold the relic for now.

If anyone found any digital devce that needs unlocking, they need to tell me about it. Although night communication indicates that I may be the only one capable of even notIcing them.

I'll Vote Myself for the relic as I can probably actually do something with it such as examine it and whatnot. Also at the digsite there was a triangle with some ancient writing at the corners. one of the corners said this
Seeing the Evil that threatened the earth, Michael and a legion of Angels departed from heaven, determined to protect the world that God so loved. They were resolute, yet cautious, for they knew that their Heavenly Powers could be countered by Evil once they reached earth. Nonetheless, they arrived in their full splendor, prepared to defend mankind in battle. Seeing this vast host that marched against him, Spiritus-Raptor fled from his stronghold and instead sought sanctuary far to the south, in the desert at the end of the world. There, he consolidated his Power and tapped into the Fires of Hell to fuel his diabolic magic. Nevertheless, the armies of Heaven discovered his hidden site and challenged him to battle.

Oh yeah/

Vote: DCmort

Couldn't the mafia simply kill the person with the relic? :eek:

They could but it's going to be in the writeup who gets it anyways. Also if I get it and I'm the only one that can decipher the relics then why would the mafia kill me for fear of not being able to use the relics to their fullest potential

You can do what now?

Top Bottom