[NFP] November Update Video

It also unlocked Bronze Working, at turn 19 with 1.5 Science per turn. They need to gather:
  • ~17.5 Science into Pottery (5 turns remaining)
  • 25 Science for Animal Husbandry (completed?)
    • At least 30 Science for Archery
  • 25 Science in Mining (completed: the Builder can put a Mine on a Hill).
    • At least 48 Science for Bronze Working
In total: 145.5 Science.With 1.5 Science per turn at Turn 19, they would not reach even reach 30 total Science. This not even enough for Pottery, Animal Husbandry and Mining combined (~67.5 Science). Which means they either get luck and got some free tech in a Tribal Village, or we need to analyze more.

Either:
  • They generate Science througth Combat, like a scientific Gorgo.
  • Eureka could grant a lot more Science, like China, but does not explain how they get the starting tech.
    • Except if completed Eureka grants the Technology!
  • Something else, like Science through Production (for units, for buildings... after all, they are building there unique unique which is not a Slinger or a Warrior replacement... Scout? New?).
I really don't know. I guess it might be a "Eureka grants the Technology but you can't build Settlers" kind of ability.
10 pages later (I've skipped ahead) but are we sure they aren't on tech shuffle?

Also I'd like to say due to the current era and GP mechanism you almost never have an atomic or later GP. (For they cost at least 2455 GP point which is unacceptable)

Adding such GPs does nothing.
You constantly address "you" as in us, the collective, when instead you should say "I, Lily".

I could also be that killing a unit gives you progress to the tech that unlocked it

Lots of fun stuff in this pack, looks like to me.

But I'm rather pessimistic about a final frontier pass now, with babylon coming. Portugal could potentially anchor another season pass, but that seems unlikely.

I mean, there has to be a "Hammurabi Code" stele/monument replacement, right?

No see below. I do hope maybe their regular libraries could get a great writing slot with Hammurabi's ability.

Currently we haven't see any unique buildings or districts in the Babylon reveal video. We can still hope, but I personally found a Babylon without a unique library or monument very uninteresting to me.
Apparently it's a unique water mill. You can possibly see one at 2:40 into the video.

In the early tellings, Mulan is actually from the Turkic steppe nomads!

And, yeah, these heroes have been around a bit, but we try to pull from the original epics more than from pop-culture!
Next thing is you're going to tell me that Aladdin was actually Chinese. ;)

I do want to add that the Steam achievements are where the pop-culture references are a plenty already. It wouldn't hurt to have more.

Last edited:
I think the number of female heroes they have is reasonable, but if they added more I'd prefer not to have more Greeks. The game is already swimming in Greeks. I'd suggest someone like Brynhild or Aoife instead.
Good suggestions--I'm short on knowledge of female heroes from other mythologies.

Something weird I've noticed and I'm not sure what it is - there is this something at 2:00 that looks like a Trader cart, but with more lavish things on it? And there seems to be no roads created by this unit?
upload_2020-11-11_15-18-27.png

Also, kudos to the devs for not revealing the new civ in the Pass overview at 0:06 (like with Gaul and Byzantium), but instead putting more emphasis on the dramatic reveal a couple seconds later. I just want more of them to happen, instead of 2 or 3 we are expecting with the NFP :mischief:

Last edited:
Something weird I've noticed and I'm not sure what it is - there is this something at 2:00 that looks like a Trader cart, but with more lavish things on it? And there seems to be no roads created by this unit?
View attachment 575022
Also, kudos to the devs for not revealing the new civ in the Pass overview at 0:06 (like with Gaul and Byzantium), but instead putting more emphasis on the dramatic reveal a couple seconds later. I just want more of them to happen, instead of 2 or 3 we are expecting with the NFP :mischief:

Mmm.. I would not expect Sindbad to appear with a full cart of goods... but he's a trader, ¿who knows?... ¿Or maybe we hare in need to find a different trader great hero?

Maybe we have an intermediate trader model introduced for medieval-renaissance-industrial, in order to not have trucks appear too soon?

Whatever, we have solved a more important question (or we have a different one) ¿Has Lautaro got the actual sword from Philip, or he picked any other from that barrel?

One simple way they could clamp down the power if you do indeed fully research the tech on getting the Eureka is that you don’t actually unlock it until you have all the prerequisite techs.

Mmm.. I would not expect Sindbad to appear with a full cart of goods... but he's a trader, ¿who knows?... ¿Or maybe we hare in need to find a different trader great hero?

Maybe we have an intermediate trader model introduced for medieval-renaissance-industrial, in order to not have trucks appear too soon?

Whatever, we have solved a more important question (or we have a different one) ¿Has Lautaro got the actual sword from Philip, or he picked any other from that barrel?

Sinbad is constantly being shipwrecked and fortuitously acquiring indescribable wealth. Having a cart full of goods would be completely within his description. Although it seems like his wealth was usually gems, ivory, or gold.

Single entity hero units, won't their animations take quite a long time? If they are powerful it won't be unusual for them to wipe out 3-4 models in an attack and as a single entity they will need to cut down each model one at a time.

Also Swedish Caroleon animations are heavily bugged with lots of marching on the spot after an attack for a long time and you cant do anything until it finishes. Redcoat might have the problem too I dont know.

Never experienced bugged animations with Caroleans or Redcoats. It is a known problem with mods like RED though so maybe that's your issue.

One simple way they could clamp down the power if you do indeed fully research the tech on getting the Eureka is that you don’t actually unlock it until you have all the prerequisite techs.
I thought of something like a max of unlocked techs per era, or a threshold related to government plaza buildings (can unlock classical and medieval techs after t1 building, Renaissance and industrial after t2, etc.)
This kind of limit would explain the emphasis on government infrastructure that has been talked about.

Never experienced bugged animations with Caroleans or Redcoats. It is a known problem with mods like RED though so maybe that's your issue.

Nah no mods its always one of the models on the far sides that just marches on the spot, turning off combat animations prevents it of course. Theres a few animations that get bugged like multiple spearmen trying to do the 'finisher' kill on the same model but the Caroleon is the only one that really gets in the way.

I am most inclined to believe Babylon will have the ability that they unlock Techs directly from Eureka, but gain no Science from Campus and its buildings.

If Babylon is eureka based I wonder how they will handle prerequisites. There's a lot of technologies which Babylon could leapfrog to if they can ignore those! Education, Machinery, Apprenticeship... It seems in particular like a lot of the medieval techs have very simple eurekas that you could unlock well before the tech is available.

Not much of an issue. As I said elsewhere, when I want to play Godmode, I use modded China that unlocks Techs and Civics with Eurekas and Inspirations. It's on regular basis I unlock Techs and Civics with absolutely zero prerequisites (even Unrevealed yet with Tech/Civic Shuffle) and haven't experience too many bugs. The only danger is to not accidentally lock yourself in having to slot in Policy Card to each type but not having any cards of certaint type. This only happened to me once in differently moded game. But since Babylon seems to be Eurekas only, that issue's cleared.

I am most inclined to believe Babylon will have the ability that they unlock Techs directly from Eureka, but gain no Science from Campus and its buildings.

Not much of an issue. As I said elsewhere, when I want to play Godmode, I use modded China that unlocks Techs and Civics with Eurekas and Inspirations. It's on regular basis I unlock Techs and Civics with absolutely zero prerequisites (even Unrevealed yet with Tech/Civic Shuffle) and haven't experience too many bugs. The only danger is to not accidentally lock yourself in having to slot in Policy Card to each type but not having any cards of certaint type. This only happened to me once in differently moded game. But since Babylon seems to be Eurekas only, that issue's cleared.

I was thinking more of it being a balance issue than a bug issue. There would need to be a pretty steep disadvantage...

Good suggestions--I'm short on knowledge of female heroes from other mythologies.
Finding a good gender balance was *much* easier for Heroes than it is with leaders! Most legends and myths have a kind of gender balance, at least at some scale, drawing as they do with archetypes and stories, rather than having as a prerequisite "must have lead X civilization in a political capacity, historically." There were many, many great suggestions that we could choose from, trying to keep in mind game balance, novelty in terms of powers, things that we thought would be recognizable as well as things that we wanted to introduce you all to, and bearing in mind political/cultural sensitivities.

Finding a good gender balance was *much* easier for Heroes than it is with leaders! Most legends and myths have a kind of gender balance, at least at some scale, drawing as they do with archetypes and stories, rather than having as a prerequisite "must have lead X civilization in a political capacity, historically." There were many, many great suggestions that we could choose from, trying to keep in mind game balance, novelty in terms of powers, things that we thought would be recognizable as well as things that we wanted to introduce you all to, and bearing in mind political/cultural sensitivities.

I hope it's moddable. It would be fun to add our own.

Top Bottom