1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] November Update Video

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 9, 2020.

1. lotrmith

lotrmith King

10 pages later (I've skipped ahead) but are we sure they aren't on tech shuffle?

You constantly address "you" as in us, the collective, when instead you should say "I, Lily".

2. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

I could also be that killing a unit gives you progress to the tech that unlocked it

Kjimmet, kaspergm and Hawke9 like this.
  3. Andrew Johnson [FXS]

Andrew Johnson [FXS] Warlord

In the early tellings, Mulan is actually from the Turkic steppe nomads!

And, yeah, these heroes have been around a bit, but we try to pull from the original epics more than from pop-culture!

bbbt, Inawordyes, Datgingah and 8 others like this.
  4. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Lots of fun stuff in this pack, looks like to me.

But I'm rather pessimistic about a final frontier pass now, with babylon coming. Portugal could potentially anchor another season pass, but that seems unlikely.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  5. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

No see below. I do hope maybe their regular libraries could get a great writing slot with Hammurabi's ability.

Apparently it's a unique water mill. You can possibly see one at 2:40 into the video.

Next thing is you're going to tell me that Aladdin was actually Chinese. ;)

I do want to add that the Steam achievements are where the pop-culture references are a plenty already. It wouldn't hurt to have more.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  6. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Deity

So Mulan... was originally.... a Hun?!?

dun... dun... DUUUNNNN....

bbbt, Kjimmet, Jeppetto and 2 others like this.
  7. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Good suggestions--I'm short on knowledge of female heroes from other mythologies.

Zaarin likes this.
  8. Potworny

Potworny Warlord

Something weird I've noticed and I'm not sure what it is - there is this something at 2:00 that looks like a Trader cart, but with more lavish things on it? And there seems to be no roads created by this unit?
    upload_2020-11-11_15-18-27.png
    Also, kudos to the devs for not revealing the new civ in the Pass overview at 0:06 (like with Gaul and Byzantium), but instead putting more emphasis on the dramatic reveal a couple seconds later. I just want more of them to happen, instead of 2 or 3 we are expecting with the NFP :mischief:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    Revanchist likes this.
  9. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

Mmm.. I would not expect Sindbad to appear with a full cart of goods... but he's a trader, ¿who knows?... ¿Or maybe we hare in need to find a different trader great hero?

Maybe we have an intermediate trader model introduced for medieval-renaissance-industrial, in order to not have trucks appear too soon?

Whatever, we have solved a more important question (or we have a different one) ¿Has Lautaro got the actual sword from Philip, or he picked any other from that barrel?

10. kryat

kryat King

One simple way they could clamp down the power if you do indeed fully research the tech on getting the Eureka is that you don’t actually unlock it until you have all the prerequisite techs.

11. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

Or Fall from Heaven 2.

Leucarum likes this.
  12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Sinbad is constantly being shipwrecked and fortuitously acquiring indescribable wealth. Having a cart full of goods would be completely within his description. Although it seems like his wealth was usually gems, ivory, or gold.

Josephias likes this.
  13. FinalDoomsday

FinalDoomsday Prince

Single entity hero units, won't their animations take quite a long time? If they are powerful it won't be unusual for them to wipe out 3-4 models in an attack and as a single entity they will need to cut down each model one at a time.

Also Swedish Caroleon animations are heavily bugged with lots of marching on the spot after an attack for a long time and you cant do anything until it finishes. Redcoat might have the problem too I dont know.

14. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Never experienced bugged animations with Caroleans or Redcoats. It is a known problem with mods like RED though so maybe that's your issue.

15. Datian

Datian Warlord

I thought of something like a max of unlocked techs per era, or a threshold related to government plaza buildings (can unlock classical and medieval techs after t1 building, Renaissance and industrial after t2, etc.)
    This kind of limit would explain the emphasis on government infrastructure that has been talked about.

16. FinalDoomsday

FinalDoomsday Prince

Nah no mods its always one of the models on the far sides that just marches on the spot, turning off combat animations prevents it of course. Theres a few animations that get bugged like multiple spearmen trying to do the 'finisher' kill on the same model but the Caroleon is the only one that really gets in the way.

17. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

I am most inclined to believe Babylon will have the ability that they unlock Techs directly from Eureka, but gain no Science from Campus and its buildings.

Not much of an issue. As I said elsewhere, when I want to play Godmode, I use modded China that unlocks Techs and Civics with Eurekas and Inspirations. It's on regular basis I unlock Techs and Civics with absolutely zero prerequisites (even Unrevealed yet with Tech/Civic Shuffle) and haven't experience too many bugs. The only danger is to not accidentally lock yourself in having to slot in Policy Card to each type but not having any cards of certaint type. This only happened to me once in differently moded game. But since Babylon seems to be Eurekas only, that issue's cleared.

18. Leucarum

Leucarum King

I was thinking more of it being a balance issue than a bug issue. There would need to be a pretty steep disadvantage...

19. Andrew Johnson [FXS]

Andrew Johnson [FXS] Warlord

Finding a good gender balance was *much* easier for Heroes than it is with leaders! Most legends and myths have a kind of gender balance, at least at some scale, drawing as they do with archetypes and stories, rather than having as a prerequisite "must have lead X civilization in a political capacity, historically." There were many, many great suggestions that we could choose from, trying to keep in mind game balance, novelty in terms of powers, things that we thought would be recognizable as well as things that we wanted to introduce you all to, and bearing in mind political/cultural sensitivities.

bbbt, Hawke9, Josephias and 5 others like this.
  20. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I hope it's moddable. It would be fun to add our own.