1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] November Update Video

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Cooleatack

Cooleatack Chieftain

Haha Anything goes really. I’m no modder, but I bet they could get very creative with this

Banazir864 and Tiger Genocide like this.
  2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

When it's one civ, it's the Tuesday preceding the release, which means the 17th.

pjotroos likes this.
  3. Andrew Johnson [FXS]

Andrew Johnson [FXS] Warlord

Well... he's in the video now! I had the opportunity to teach the Muqaddimah some years ago, in a course on social theory. The students absolutely loved it.

4. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

:nope: It's been the Thursday preceding the release, so it'd be the 12th not the 17th. (e.g. Ethiopia's FL was on Thursday the 16th.)

pjotroos likes this.
  5. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Emperor

No first look video today? Weird.

6. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

their is another private video on the youtube list so their is at least the first look to see and maybe more

7. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

Nope, you won’t get Superman. You’ll get Homelander: Every time you destroy a GDR, you'll earn 250 gold, but lose 2 population in the nearest city.

Guandao and tedhebert like this.
  8. Revanchist

Revanchist Warlord

I also think it will be Thursday, but I could be wrong. If it is Thursday that means I have more time to make a breakdown video on my youtube channel :crazyeye:

9. AaronTBD

AaronTBD Warlord

If it's Thursday that will be cool!

10. Bosque

Bosque Warlord

If not Paul Bunyan, how about Jonny Appleseed? He could plant forests eras before the tech allows anyone else to do so! :xtree::xtree::xtree::xtree::xtree::lol:

Banazir864 and WillowBrook like this.
  11. Tiger Genocide

Tiger Genocide Prince

You just covered what I wanted to say. Good post.

12. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Heroes look great, but wish there were more options from other cultures, and more female representatives. From Greek myths alone there are options like Atalanta, Circe, Medea, Xenocleia, and so on. Age of Mythology had both Atalanta and Hippolyta. Glad Hua Mulan and Himiko are appearing though.

Also delighted Hammurabi will be making a return but I wonder how they will represent him. Historically he was a lawmaker and conqueror, a backstabber and builder. I suspect given Cyrus’ presence in the game they won’t portray Hammurabi as a backstabber, which is a missed opportunity. He was one of the most backstabby people of all ancient history.

bbbt, Kimiimaro, Hawke9 and 5 others like this.
  13. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I think the number of female heroes they have is reasonable, but if they added more I'd prefer not to have more Greeks. The game is already swimming in Greeks. I'd suggest someone like Brynhild or Aoife instead.

bbbt, Kimiimaro, Hawke9 and 7 others like this.
  14. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Yeah, looking at some other screenshots, their science is half what is expected. If they truly are -50% science but full techs for eurekas, that will be a very curious playstyle. In some ways, that makes those great scientists who grant 3 eureka as way more valuable to them than to anyone else. But at the same time, there's less reason to build campuses since they're only half as effective at generating science. What will be curious with them is figuring out what path of research to pursue, to avoid wasted time for the little science you actually gain normally.

Elhoim, bbbt, Inawordyes and 4 others like this.
  15. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Beeline the Great Library and nab what's left of the Ancient Era techs all at once.

bbbt, borad, Kimiimaro and 11 others like this.
  16. Starina

Starina Warlord

And you also free up space from the card + 100% science for the adjacency to the campus. Frequent politics

17. Tiger Genocide

Tiger Genocide Prince

Doesn't that depend upon Firaxis releasing the code or dll? Lots of people were talking about modifying that vampire out into something more realistic like the other things in that mode, but I have not seen anything yet. These game modes might be hardcoded at the moment. If they do not open up everything for modding, the mode will likely remain as is.

18. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

In honor of the upcoming release of Babylon, I share this absurd and 100% false yet absolutely hilarious episode from Herodotus: "[Nitocris] was buried in a tomb set over one of Babylon's gates; its inscription promised money to future Babylonian kings in need, if they opened it. The Persian king Darius I (522- 486) eventually did so, mainly because he wanted to be able to use the gate; all he found inside was a scornful note condemning his greed." :p

bbbt, Kimiimaro, Meluhhan and 5 others like this.
  19. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

AoM also has Sun Wukong as a minor deity for the Chinese faction and Sun Wukong will be playable in Civ VI.

20. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

They could add the great artist Walt Disney who allows you to recall any hero you please.:scared:

Meluhhan likes this.